The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok I got about 3.5 hours in and defeated a few mini bosses and the first main boss. I recommend it but I'm not going to say it's perfect or a Bloodborne clone :lol:
You don't hav to parry in this game but it helps a lot and it takes some skill, imo. I feel like parrying is easier in Sekiro. I feel like I have to wait until the very last minute before making an attempt otherwise I just get hit and take massive damage.
stay lurkin stay lurkin can chime in, he's playing it too and a little further than me.

I would recommend it, especially if you have Gamepass.

So far I like the atmosphere and the watered down version on a Souls game (think Demon Souls). In terms of BB, I like the dark theme and the fact that the story is more straightforward. Lastly, the character design is great.

Only about 5 hours and 3 main bosses in though.

phil.png

Source:

**** like that makes it painfully obvious that MS is weak when it comes to games and a bit clear they'd rather acquire an already established product with several video game pillars instead of doing the work in house

Y'all should read the email

Spencer basically is spelling out why buying Nintendo won't happen to someone else outside of gaming at MS that is wondering why MS is trying to buy TikTok instead of going after a company like Nintendo.

He said he has talked to CEO about it, it would be great for MS, he would like to do it, but it ain't happening anytime soon.

He wasn't actively trying to buy Nintendo, he is telling another executive why they can't

**** like that makes it painfully obvious that MS is weak when it comes to games and a bit clear they'd rather acquire an already established product with several video game pillars instead of doing the work in house
Microsoft since they entered the console businesses with the OG XBOX have always been lazy.
Saying this, in a thread about Sony, is hilarious

:lol: :lol:

How are y’all feeling about the state of PlayStation? It really seems like the Activision deal got them on the ropes. I for sure thought we’d know more about what they have coming in the future. They seem more concerned with pushing out hardware and peripherals that seem like they’re DOA.

I don't think the ActiVision thing was ever a factor. They just went so crazy between 2018-2021 that the next wave isn't ready and it seems like they've cooled off on revealing things years in advance with just CG trailers.

I think they could've paced the PS5 releases out better but 3rd party is booming enough to where these dry spells are barely felt anyway and by late next year I'd guess 1st party will be back to a better cadence.

PSVR2 doesn't feel like it should've released when it did though. Throwing it out there with a Horizon game and no Astrobot port, sequel, future 1st party games to look forward to, etc. was weird.

After building their gaming empire with pile of money they made in other industries, outspending the competition. Putting one deep in financial trouble, the other out of business

Look at this...

Screenshot 2023-09-19 193701.png

Sony got into the console business by buying a publisher.

Their premiere studio, Naughty Dog, acquired them too.

Sony used its cash and in turn market power to lock up third-party exclusives.

What motivated MS to look into acquiring Bethesda was Sony trying to make Starfield exclusive. That is after they locked up two-time exclusives from Bethesda

Sony has acquired 13 companies since this generation began. If you exclude Activision (which the deal isn't done), the amount of devs the two companies have acquired is probably way closer than most people realize

And they said they still acquiring too.

Sony been ruthless from the jump. But now they are not the biggest spender on the block it is an issue?

C'mon now :lol:

If Sony has behaved any differently than MS has, well the (*** Activates Shawty Lo Voice***) ....Well god damn, must be two Sony Interactives

MS's money is just way longer. And Nadella finally willing to spend it on gaming

Last edited:
Y'all should read the email

Spencer basically is spelling out why buying Nintendo won't happen to someone else outside of gaming at MS that is wondering why MS is trying to buy TikTok instead of going after a company like Nintendo.

He said he has talked to CEO about it, it would be great for MS, he would like to do it, but it ain't happening anytime soon.

He wasn't actively trying to buy Nintendo, he is telling another executive why they can't

I definitely didn’t read. But anytime soon? :lol:

I definitely didn’t read. But anytime soon? :lol:
Phil sounds like he just letting the other person down easy with corporate speak. Telling him it can't happen anytime soon.

He spells out why they can't buy them now. The closest he comes to talking about actually buying them is saying they would be well-positioned if Nintendo was ever open to selling and playing the long game.

It really comes off as Phil more shutting it down than seriously talking about pursuing it.

He mentions in the email that MS was currently in talks to buy both Bethesda and WB Games.

After building their gaming empire with pile of money they made in other industries, outspending the competition. Putting one deep in financial trouble, the other out of business

Look at this...

Screenshot 2023-09-19 193701.png

Sony got into the console business by buying a publisher.

Their premiere studio, Naughty Dog, acquired them too.

Sony used its cash and in turn market power to lock up third-party exclusives.

What motivated MS to look into acquiring Bethesda was Sony trying to make Starfield exclusive. That is after they locked up two-time exclusives from Bethesda

Sony has acquired 13 companies since this generation began. If you exclude Activision (which the deal isn't done), the amount of devs the two companies have acquired is probably way closer than most people realize

And they said they still acquiring too.

Sony been ruthless from the jump. But now they are not the biggest spender on the block it is an issue?

C'mon now :lol:

If Sony has behaved any differently than MS has, well the (*** Activates Shawty Lo Voice***) ....Well god damn, must be two Sony Interactives

MS's money is just way longer. And Nadella finally willing to spend it on gaming

This is clearly bait.

"The amount of devs the two companies have acquired is probably way closer than most people realize" :rofl: I do appreciate your attempt at framing it that way.

This is clearly bait.

"The amount of devs the two companies have acquired is probably way closer than most people realize" :rofl: I do appreciate your attempt at framing it that way.
It isn't though.

You convenient left out the part where I excluded Activision because they deal is not done.

Bethesda had about 2200-2400 staff when acquired. That is with all the publishing staff.

That is the only acquisition Microsoft has completed this generation.

Bungie alone had over a thousand people working there. And Sony has acquired 13 other companies dealing with gaming.

I would assume people thinking it is thousands of devs difference, when it is probably a couple hundred.

My general point is Sony engages in the same type of behavior people want to criticize MS for.

Hilarious facts

Also Nintendo aint selling, hop off their **** already
This post is really dumb

Phil Spencer point was Nintendo is not selling. He wasn't trying to buy them. He was trying to nicely explain that to someone else at MS. If you would take time to do like 5 mins of reading, you could have known this.

Sony does and has done everything people complain about MS doing.

Remove Sony's balls from you forehead famb.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom