The OFFICIAL Shox VC post - ripping, performance, colorways

Now THAT is a real rip, I'd be hella mad if that sh** happened to my kickz......
Say's Who, Say's Da' KiDD............

I think that that would qualify as a manufacturing defect. If not, then I don't know what would.

I wish I knew about these colorways before I bought my Red/Black VCs.

And these ripping problems were going to stop me from buying these kicks, but I bought them anyway. They're definately great sneakers.

And yes, they GREATLY widen when you wear them. I just walked around the house trying to break them in, and they widened rather quickly. They're so comfortable. Something I can't say with my Foamposite KGs.
Part II
Heaven Cent​

The NAVY and GOLD Colorway that some Canadian's claim of getting from Nike Canada is indeed true. No lies there, as my friend just got his pair of NAVY GOLD VC SHOX from Nike Canada yesterday.
ShoeFleek
Shows
Some
True
Feelings.

You ONLY live once.

Thats obviously a manufacturing defect. It seems more like the stitches or whatever that connects the shroud to the bottom of the shoe came out. Obviously it didnt 'rip' rip. Nike needs to do a better jobs putting the WHOLE shoe together.

Eitherway, theyre still awesome kickz

thanks for posting s fleek, i now know that i will indeed recieve this colourway and shoe, and not the olympic bb4s.
by any chance do they differ from the samples posted, or are they the same. either way im happy

"Slammin MC's on cement, Cause verbally, I'm iller than an AIDS patient"- Nasty NaS

i heard on here before that only the all star shox have the special lacing system kicksology was talking about. Is this true?
SeriousGame.net The only yousite you need for all your hoops needs.
Coming Soon...

i understand that some of them have ripped but kicksology also said that they may rub your ankles and that you need to wear higher socks with them to avoid blisters. is this true. thanks.
ED

I don't know about u guys, but if my VC rips or has any kind of defects, I would be more than happy to send them back to Nike and get a new pair. In fact I am looking forward to it happens.

man, vc shox suck. i was thinkin, if they ever go on sale to cop em and cut off the cover. cuz it looks sweet underneath that sheath or whatever it is. i actually wouldnt be surprised if nike recalled them cuz look how many people at NT are havin problems, that means A LOT more people outside of NT are havin problems too(PROBABLY!)
Check Out My Ebay Auctions. I'm Always Sellin A Different Size. Just Click Here

CARTERSSHOXRNICE, I'm pretty sure your VC's will not rip from sliding your foot in them. When I went to purchase them at FootLocker I wasn't sure what size i would be in them. So i tried on a size that was 2 sizes too small for me. I got my foot in and tried to zipped the shroud up. I couldn't because it was too small. I was pulling really hard on the shroud and trying to zip it up and it was sewn tight and did not rip. Anyway, I eventually got the appropriate size and the shroud on that side was fairly loose....so I doubt there will be any tension with it and it wont rip.

here ya go. no prob ceddie. if anyone is still gonna get the shox mids

University Blue/Metallic Silver-White (8/1/02)
Sizes 6-14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Retail $160

ZZ4RfhQa6c5gJOw5Xwr65DU2HfIfd6l000F4.jpg

GOOD NEWS! NO COVER ON THE LOWS! but you all already knew that.....

White/Black-Varsity Red-Metallic Silver (7/1/02)
Black/Black-Varsity Royal Metallic Silver (9/1/02)
Sizes 6-14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Retail $140

LuLMCEgAg70NPJ2oBOyOGcjk1c7SsZLb0146.jpg

Check Out My Ebay Auctions. I'm Always Sellin A Different Size. Just Click Here

Thanks, DocsBack, that makes it even more reasonable to archive this post eventually.

Ced
Don't read this sentence.

I noticed that you're one of a kind

That makes you kind of the one

how did this rip happen?
46.jpg

and yes, canadians are able to get navy/gold vc shox
i'm getting mine in 2-6 weeks

i wouldnt count on it, nike is a bunch of liers, i was expecting the navy gold today, but they didnt come so i called them. it turns out that they never had my size and they told me that they were sending them to me, so if you dont get them, dont be suprised

i sent those picks to ceddie. so first , ceddie, thanks for posting them. i was getting sick of the posts claiming people were lying about the rips. This post is just to respond to the person who asked how they ripped. After only the second time playing indoors in them, I went to take them off and noticed the rip. I believe it was caused by pushing off my right foot while cutting to the left. It's too bad because they are a really comfortable shoe with quality support.

Someone said it looked as if I played with mine outdoors or something b/c I posted a pic of my little tear. There are a couple little tears actually. Mine's not as bad as that other pic though. I only play with mine indoor and only wear them when I play. They're just dusty because I haven't cleaned them. My house is under huge renovations too. It's dusty everywhere.
Allan

Just got my VC's from Niketown.com in Black /Red size 14. I tried them on and they did not fit at all and would not even zip up. I went to NT in SF to get a 15 and they fit fine. I tried on the Elite's, Hyperflights, and Jordan XVII's while I waited, and 14 in those shoes fit fine. I normally wear 14 and my width on the Brannock Scale is medium D. I talked to the manager in the Customer Service dept and he confirmed that the VC's do run small. I would suggest calling at (415) 392-6453 to confirm if they have experienced the same. Since I'm 14 I had to go up a full size. Trying to fit into these and hoping the stretch like leather is a reasonable expectation, except the VC shroud is not as durable as leather. The likelyhood that a mesh/synthetic upper stretched tightly against solid TPU ribs would dramatically increase the odds of rips/tears/etc. I would suggest that anyone buying these TRY at least a half size over their normal size. It can't hurt, and you may be suprised that the fit might be better. I've only played indoor with these yesterday for 2 hours and they're fine so far. Like most have stated, they are extremely comfy and the ankle support is great! I'm sold be will keep everyone posted if things change.

Back
Top Bottom