The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

All the hostility in this thread. Next gen is definitely round the corner :lol:

Will Sony continue it's reign of dominance. Will Xbox with Phil Spencer strike back or will Nintendo ruin both parties.
Find out on the next episode of Drago.... I mean Console Wars.

Speaking of next gen.

1575738458317.png

At this point in time, I just want more info.
But as far as rumours goes, this is sounding like the best gen to date.
Bespoke hardware for the SSD while having the latest tech AMD has to offer for the CPU and GPU.

I won't be surprised if next gen out performs PC in certain areas for the first year and I think loads of people will need to update their rigs.

I'm genuinely excited for next gen to lift me out of my gaming rot.
Sony’s reign of dominance??
U know Nintendo out here doing numbers
On a better pace right

Any reliable site that sells Playstation Plus at a discount?

I haven't purchased from them myself, however I hear good things about CD keys as far as them being legit. They will send you an email with the code to redeem the PS+. Check your spam if you don't receive it after ordering.

I haven't purchased from them myself, however I hear good things about CD keys as far as them being legit. They will send you an email with the code to redeem the PS+. Check your spam if you don't receive it after ordering.
CD keys legit order from them plenty of times no problems at all.

You know the PS 2, 4, and 1 are the first, second, and third best selling home soles of all time, right?

XBOX 360 vs PS3 era. The 360 got out to a big lead but by the end of that Sony caught up to them and were neck & neck.

Sony’s reign of dominance??
U know Nintendo out here doing numbers
On a better pace right

Wii-U kicked off this gen, with the XBOne and PS4 after. It sold 13.5 Million.
PS4 is now the 2nd best selling console with over 100 Million and has been the best selling console every year since release.
MS don't disclose Xbox numbers but estimates from analysts put it at around 45 Million last I checked.
Switch is doing good numbers. It's going to make a killing this holiday with Pokemon. This will be the first year where it will be top selling console but it's not on a better pace than the PS4 but it should be very close to overtaking the XBone after this quarter.

Whichever way you spin it, in terms of console sales or total revenue then since the Wii-U's release, the PS4 has been the dominant console. It's outsold the Wii-U, XBOne and Switch combined.
Switch is doing good but it's release means it's peaking when the current gen consoles life cycles are ending so it doesn't have much competition.
PS4 is also still retailing for $299 after 6 years. You can get a Switch lite for cheaper.

Not to detract from it's success though. A hybrid console was the logical choice for Nintendo and they executed it well.
The switch will have most of next year to itself but with the PS5 and XBTwo coming out at the end of the year, they will start to dominate the headlines.
Most of Nintendo's big hitters like Smash, Pokemon and Mario Kart are out too and they will see less third party software once studios move over to the next gen consoles.
Still though, with only one hardware to focus on, I still expect the Switch to do better than the 3DS but can it do another 50 million+ in 3 years, we'll have to wait and see.

That won’t happen :lol: New consoles will have 1070 TI ish performance iirc.
New leaks are now putting it at 12TF so should be close to a 2080.
Still, when I said better in some areas, I meant more the SSD and load times. I don't think we will see anything close to a 2080 Ti and the CPU's will be running at lower frequencies too.

Back
Top Bottom