The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

i believe they would but chances are they'll do the same or use varaet for a quick clean and shine

personally though, you have to have good trust in them, any jewelers could do it but it's like having dealers wash your cash, there's a good chance it can still get sctached/swirls because it's not their sh*t and some simply half *** it

if it's a rolex boutique, they'll probably be a lot more careful with it and do it right
Very good point. I guess I'll stop being lazy and get to cleaning this evening.

where's a delorean with a flux capacitor when you need one...

38421065_2345596992334172_8824801872104652800_n.jpg

i cleaned my batman the other day. i didn't even realize how disgustingly filthy it was. i just used warm water and ammonia free soap and just rubbed it clean.
I still think youre crazy for wanting to sell that thing man. watch is a beauty

Little scratches here and there but just got my first dinger.

Oh well. Walking around target and hit a cloths rack. Life goes on.

BBCF8AE5-BF57-44C3-9D0E-D83EE3FD5742.jpeg

Last edited:
there isn't a good and solid answer to that

on one end, putting the watch on a winder puts unnecessary wear on the gears and watch in general especially if you aren't going to wear it for months or year and it's just sitting in the winder

while others say the oils are sophisticated and advanced enough these days that it can withstand a watch being wound or worn for year on out, plus you don't want the watch to just sit on the oil without it moving or else it kind of builds up, but then others also argue that oils are in an advance state now that it may not be an issue anymore these days (?)

there is also a risk of breaking the crown when winding the watch manually, odds are low but it happens if you manually wind it every other day or once a week and you aren't the most careful person, yo can break the stem and it'll cost a lot to fix while when in a winder, it's just going to stay wound

the right answer is likely in-between, if you have a 2-3 watch rotation and actually go back and forth and it's a convenience then go for it, if you are the type that just want it there so that when you want to wear it in a month or a few months later you don't have to adjust it, then you are probably better off removing it from the winder and set it aside and just wind it and move it around once very month or so

it matters on what watches you own too, some complications like perpetual calendars are b*tch to set so those could actually benefit from sitting in a winder when not in use

winders matter too, there are some cheap ones out there that might cause more harm than good to your watch, some watch can only be wound going counter-clockwise or vice-versa or bother ways, if you have a cheap winder that only goes one way and the watch can only be wound the other then you are just putting wear and tear on the watch

in the end it is up to the user once you know the pros and cons of each

Last edited:
Took my red g shock mud man from about 7 or 8 years ago to the watch lady at the mall for a new battery.
She told me it probably had 2 batteries and it would cost 48 $ and take almost a month because she'd have to send it back.
This was all 10ft away from about 100 g shocks for sale.
I guess the days of 12$ and done in 10 mins are done and they just want to frustrate you into buying a new one.

The crown just fall off?

The next day after that pic the time wasn't precise ...went to adjust and the crown and stem pulled out...pushed it back I'm but couldn't adjust the time...now the time won't set at all ..going back and forth with jomashop warranty via email...

Back
Top Bottom