The Top Four Things People in Their Twenties Waste Money On

i do spend a lot of money on fast food, but that's pretty much i only one that applies to me, i try to save almost half of everything i make

Originally Posted by ninongjhey

The food thing is so tricky though. It's hard to eat "right" and save money. It's possible, but hard. Not all of us are nutrition experts.

If you're not use to cook for yourself or don't know what to look for you can end up spending an excessive amount. Cooking my own food has saved me so much money.

How about the very thing this website was created around? Shoes.

Shoes, clothing, iAnything, rims.. basically any and everything that says "hey look at me, look what I got".

poisonous food (fast food, anything with high fructose corn syrup), alcohol...

This list can turn into a college mid term.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

They need to add iPhone's and Macbooks to that list bruh. 
So many of my friends have Macbooks and other Apple products that are entirely impractical. I'll even ask them what they use them for, and it's nothing a basic PC can't do. They've been brainwashed into a fancy machine that cost an arm and a leg more.
This isn't a valid argument imo. I'm an owner of a MBP and iphone and I'm pretty sure that they would last me another 6-8 years 
with minimal upkeep if I wanted them to. Whereas I'd be buying a new pc or android every year. I'm sorry but apple products are worth it.

Back on topic fast food is the only thing that gets me on this list. Food is so accessible nowadays and it's become sort of an addiction for our generation. Got to do better
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CJ863

So many of my friends have Macbooks and other Apple products that are entirely impractical. I'll even ask them what they use them for, and it's nothing a basic PC can't do. They've been brainwashed into a fancy machine that cost an arm and a leg more.
This isn't a valid argument imo. I'm an owner of a MBP and iphone and I'm pretty sure that they would last me another 6-8 years 
with minimal upkeep if I wanted them to. Whereas I'd be buying a new pc or android every year. I'm sorry but apple products are worth it.

Back on topic fast food is the only thing that gets me on this list. Food is so accessible nowadays and it's become sort of an addiction for our generation. Got to do better
30t6p3b.gif

Oh, yeah because Apple products don't get virus's huh?
alien.gif

I don't know how you figure an apple computer will out last a Dell or any other computer on the market.

With Apple, you pay for aesthetics.

As for the list, nobody spends $15/day on lunch. I understand every once in awhile, but not everyday. The coffee thing is definitely true. I have a lot of friends hit Starbucks twice a day.
Might not personally be your m.o. but too many dudes stay passively sounding sooooooooo salty when they talk about people with MacBooks.

Why do they have to brainwashed? Maybe they just like, and can afford them. Maybe daddy bought it for them?

You NEVER see people who own Mac's calling Asus owners cheap or poor every chance they get even though it would be the exact same thing.

There's this thing, it's called preference.

Instead of expensive apartments, I think we should substitute car payments. How many people in their 20's are riding around in new cars they really can't afford just to impress people they'll never meet again?

Originally Posted by TheFoteenth

Originally Posted by CJ863

30t6p3b.gif

Oh, yeah because Apple products don't get virus's huh?
alien.gif

I don't know how you figure an apple computer will out last a Dell or any other computer on the market.

With Apple, you pay for aesthetics.

Never once said Apple products can't get viruses. Speaking from my personal experience, every PC I've had has lasted a minimum of 1-2 years (2 is a stretch) even with standard updates, virus protection and such. I've had my MBP for 4 years now and haven't had a single issue with it besides replacing my charger. Same goes for android phones I've owned, again I'm speaking from my personal experience.

Just spent 11$ on lunch today 
sick.gif
 but those 4$ naked/odwalla drinks are the truth.
where they feedin and paying $%$!*! at ?!?

Arguably guilty of all 4. Except paying $810 for rent, living by myself is a bargain around here.

that rent thing is the biggest head scratcher to me. i have several friends paying over a G for two bedroom luxury apartments in Ballston. if all you are getting is a room, why not just rent a spot in a house for several hundred dollars cheaper?

Disposable income > being broke in luxury apartments, *which i know they are because several have complained how they only have a few $ in their accounts. 

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Instead of expensive apartments, I think we should substitute car payments. How many people in their 20's are riding around in new cars they really can't afford just to impress people they'll never meet again?

THIS

I see this way too often

No foambs, snapbacks and m3s?

Bringing your own lunch can be so boring sometimes. I'm sick of ham sandwiches

Originally Posted by grandtheftbike

Bringing your own lunch can be so boring sometimes. I'm sick of ham sandwiches

I don't know why but this reply has me dying
roll.gif

23 yrs old; im guilty of #1-3
i dont drink coffee though
& 75 bucks in one night aint my type of *+%%. if i spend over 25 ill be highly upset. unless it was for sumones bday etc. or i went to an event where it cost alot to get in(concert/theme park etc)

Back
Top Bottom