The Top Four Things People in Their Twenties Waste Money On

Not guilty of any of those. Being a cheap #*@ pays off
pimp.gif

depending on where u live rent will be higher than mortgages sometimes. its crazy. i know idiots droppin 1650$ on rent for a 600 sq foot apt not including any utilities or renters insurance.

Only guilty for partying.

I cover all the utilities at my parents crib...but the rest goes to drinking.

I've been working for the past year and a half and my current savings = $48.36.
sick.gif

Yep sounds about right for most people

Got a roommate, LeanGains lifestyle, french press @ home and pre gaming heavy FTW

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CorndogMcgee

5) women... both directly and indirectly

we have a winner. But thats dating, most of the time the dude gotta pay on the first date what can we do. 

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

They need to add iPhone's and Macbooks to that list bruh. 
So many of my friends have Macbooks and other Apple products that are entirely impractical. I'll even ask them what they use them for, and it's nothing a basic PC can't do. They've been brainwashed into a fancy machine that cost an arm and a leg more.

As for the list, nobody spends $15/day on lunch. I understand every once in awhile, but not everyday. The coffee thing is definitely true. I have a lot of friends hit Starbucks twice a day.
I easily spend $15 per day at lunch. Anything other than fast food will run $12-15 with a drink and a tip.

Originally Posted by CJ863

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

They need to add iPhone's and Macbooks to that list bruh. 
So many of my friends have Macbooks and other Apple products that are entirely impractical. I'll even ask them what they use them for, and it's nothing a basic PC can't do. They've been brainwashed into a fancy machine that cost an arm and a leg more.
This isn't a valid argument imo. I'm an owner of a MBP and iphone and I'm pretty sure that they would last me another 6-8 years 
with minimal upkeep if I wanted them to. Whereas I'd be buying a new pc or android every year. I'm sorry but apple products are worth it.

Back on topic fast food is the only thing that gets me on this list. Food is so accessible nowadays and it's become sort of an addiction for our generation. Got to do better
30t6p3b.gif

how did I know the apple fanboys would come out the moment someone says something even mildly discouraging about one of their products. LOL @ your iphone lasting any longer than any other smartphone. They got y'all brainwashed for real

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

This isn't a valid argument imo. I'm an owner of a MBP and iphone and I'm pretty sure that they would last me another 6-8 years 
with minimal upkeep if I wanted them to. Whereas I'd be buying a new pc or android every year. I'm sorry but apple products are worth it.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

This isn't a valid statement, though.

I own PC's, Mac's and iPhones, and if you're buying a new PC every year, then you're doing something on it that you shouldn't be doing.

I would be more interested in The Top Four Things People In Their Twenties Waste Time On.

You can always gain money, time on the other hand...

I would assume partying would be at the top of that list, though.

I know people that go out damn near every night and complain they never have money.

What exactly is there to celebrate when you're dead broke?

I'm perplexed.

Originally Posted by Hyper

I own PC's, Mac's and iPhones, and if you're buying a new PC every year, then you're doing something on it that you shouldn't be doing.

I would be more interested in The Top Four Things People In Their Twenties Waste Time On.

I know people that go out damn near every night and complain they never have money.

I'm perplexed.
I wouldn't call going out wasting time, there's actually a great deal of utility in it. Of course you can overdo it but in and of itself, going out and socializing is a good use of time.

There's a great deal of utility in everything, as long as there's a balance.

I'm specifically talking about people that overdue it.

Originally Posted by Hyper

I'm perplexed.

Partying, the internet, TV, video games.
On the subject of the OP its hard for people fresh out of college to properly budget sometimes. They get jobs and their first taste of real money, and they start to get things that they always wanted but couldnt get in the past. Its totally understandable and as long as they dont get in totally over their head I cant really knock them for it. Its not how I view it though, saving wherever you can while you're young is the way to go.

laugh.gif
at Macs lasting 6-8 yrs. The Power Mac G5 came out 8 yrs ago. Specs, 256 mb (4gb max) of ram, 80gb hard drive, adc or dvi output. You already pay a premium for inferior specs with macs (i.e if you were to take 1000 and get the best Mac vs the best PC laptop you can buy), so to claim they have a 6+ yr life cycle is e massive exaggeration to say the least. Generally speaking, with most tech items you are going to want to upgrade every 3 yrs anyways

I do still have a 2nd generation iPod touch though. Same type, I still have a Sansa I paid like $15 for probably a full decade ago and it also works flawlessly.

You're getting ripped. And yall are the same ones in every thread, "what video was posted? I got an iPad, all I'm seeing is multiple question marks and blank pages, can you post it in html5?"

smh def need to start packing my own lunch, need start being an cheap and be all lonely in my break room.

Also, I agree that cars need to be on there somewhere.

Too many people around my way living w/ Mom & Dad driving a 1 series.

A $#*$#!* 1 series.

Grow up.

Pc's only last for a year is one of the most ridiculous things Ive read on NT ever

people will say just about anything to win an argument smh

I have a macbook as well as an old ++% dell pc I got while I was in college like 7 years ago, still ticking

Making your own lunch really helps. Also prevents you from overeating like you might do if you eat out. I make a sandwich (turkey most of the time, tuna once a week), and pack a small sandwich bag with either Gold Fish or pretzels, then a piece of fruit for dessert. Just like elementary school 
pimp.gif
Then on some days if I ever have leftovers from dinner, I bring it in some tupperware (pasta or sauteed chicken, mixed veggies and rice).

Also, not messing around with vending machine snacks/drinks is clutch too. It may only be 70 cents to $1.25 but it builds up if you do it a few times every week

And for the record, my current PC computer is going on four years (previous one was six years), and my iPod is going on year six. The key to handheld devices (iPods, phones, etc.) is NOT DROPPING THEM. I can't tell you how many of my friends complain about their phones not working, and I ask how often they drop them, and they'll say "all the time." Well, there ya go. I never drop my phone, and they last forever. Since my first cell phone in 1999, I've had four. I take care of my stuff, unlike the rest of society, apparently. To bring it back to the theme of the thread, it's saved me a lot of money over the years.

Not to continue the threadjack but I've had my Eee pc since 2008, iPod since 2006, and iPhone since 2007 and all are still working without major problems (though I'm upgrading my iPhone finally this Fall). I completely agree with 20 somethings wasting money on technology. I don't see why you need to own every version of the iPhone, or get a Macbook for 2 grand just to say you have one and then upgrade a few years later. Bringing your own lunch to work is one of the easiest ways to save money, and stay healthy. Don't know why people continue to eat out everyday.

I hate packing my lunch for 2 reasons:

1. I have to eat by myself. We don't have a cafeteria at work, and I'm not about to bring my bag lunch to a restaurant w/ my co-workers. My other option is eating at my desk, but I need a mid-day mental break from my cube.

2. Its not that much cheaper. The average meal that I cook cost about 5-6 bucks (A standard lunch of a sandwich, fruit, and chips will not do it for me. As a skinny dude w/ a high metabolism I eat A LOT!). Thankfully most of the places around my work are pretty cheap and I only spend 8-9 bucks. An extra 15 bucks a week isn't that much to actually be full.

I do need to cut down on the partying. I started bring a flask w/ me and ordering a juice and making own drink when I go to the restroom.
30t6p3b.gif
I gotta do what I gotta do to get out of the house while still being a broke grad student
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CJ003

I hate packing my lunch for 2 reasons:

1. I have to eat by myself. We don't have a cafeteria at work, and I'm not about to bring my bag lunch to a restaurant w/ my co-workers. My other option is eating at my desk, but I need a mid-day mental break from my cube.

2. Its not that much cheaper. The average meal that I cook cost about 5-6 bucks (A standard lunch of a sandwich, fruit, and chips will not do it for me. As a skinny dude w/ a high metabolism I eat A LOT!). Thankfully most of the places around my work are pretty cheap and I only spend 8-9 bucks. An extra 15 bucks a week isn't that much to actually be full.

I do need to cut down on the partying. I started bring a flask w/ me and ordering a juice and making own drink when I go to the restroom.
30t6p3b.gif
I gotta do what I gotta do to get out of the house while still being a broke grad student
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Damn, do you thing man. 

Back
Top Bottom