This Country Hasn't Changed One Bit

Originally Posted by early90s

Huh? If you understand the obstacles that minorities hispanics and african americans alike have to deal with,( being labeled, people making assumptions) than why post that rant against black people? You sounding like a little Uncle Ruckusito.

If it were a "Hispanics are being held back by whites" thread, i would have ranted in a similar way, unbiased not caring that im talking about my ownethnic group.

I agree.

i still get called a "*!+#*" or "chinese."

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Huh? If you understand the obstacles that minorities hispanics and african americans alike have to deal with,( being labeled, people making assumptions) than why post that rant against black people? You sounding like a little Uncle Ruckusito.
Thats what i'm having trouble understanding...he is treated as a second class student in school because of his ethnicity...but claims that his people are doing poorly in school because they don't care about education...

What does my opinion of how im treated have to do with me believing hispanics dont care for education? just for the reference I strongly prioritize myeducation. This is truly my last post on this thread.

Originally Posted by JJLT76

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Thats what i'm having trouble understanding...he is treated as a second class student in school because of his ethnicity...but claims that his people are doing poorly in school because they don't care about education...

What does my opinion of how im treated have to do with me believing hispanics dont care for education? just for the reference I strongly prioritize my education. This is truly my last post on this thread.

I question how much you value education.....because your logic is way off...

If the school system treats you unfairly because of your ethnicity....you don't think that it could do the same to others of your same ethnicity?....youdon't think those common inequalites could partially be to blame for the poor education stats amongst your people?

Its obvious you are a kid with some anger problems. You need to lighten up though man, we are about to elect our first Black President
pimp.gif
.....wait does he fall into the 90% thug category too?
nerd.gif

I've only read the last 2 pages, so I can't comment on everything, but felt compelled to jump in cause I'm latino myself
I think dude got it twisted when he said latinos dont prioritize education and care for it....Yeah, we might not care for it, but it's because the schoolsystem could give 2 #!%#% about us (and the same can be said for blacks and poor folk). Why buy into a system when we get placed disproportionately in remedialand Special ed classes. attend the worst funded schools, have the most underqualified teachers, attend schools that look more like prisons than places ofeducation, encounter administration/teachers who would rather suspend us and kick us out than have faith in us, and buy into a program that historically hasset us up for failure and srved as a pipeline for minimum paying jobs?

and this is coming from someone who has a BA, has teaching credentials, and works at a high school. The education system is a rigged game. yes, there arepeople who manage to succeed, but those folks are minimal and not enough to change the reality of what it has historically meant to be a person of color goingthru the educational system....the odds are STACKED against you and it is set up this way for a reason....that reality hasn't changed one bit, an evensadder reality over 50 years since brown v. board of ed

Originally Posted by EZLN1

I've only read the last 2 pages, so I can't comment on everything, but felt compelled to jump in cause I'm latino myself
I think dude got it twisted when he said latinos dont prioritize education and care for it....Yeah, we might not care for it, but it's because the school system could give 2 #!%#% about us (and the same can be said for blacks and poor folk). Why buy into a system when we get placed disproportionately in remedial and Special ed classes. attend the worst funded schools, have the most underqualified teachers, attend schools that look more like prisons than places of education, encounter administration/teachers who would rather suspend us and kick us out than have faith in us, and buy into a program that historically has set us up for failure and srved as a pipeline for minimum paying jobs?

and this is coming from someone who has a BA, has teaching credentials, and works at a high school. The education system is a rigged game. yes, there are people who manage to succeed, but those folks are minimal and not enough to change the reality of what it has historically meant to be a person of color going thru the educational system....the odds are STACKED against you and it is set up this way for a reason....that reality hasn't changed one bit, an even sadder reality over 50 years since brown v. board of ed

33v2ogz.gif

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Until JJLT76 says something about asians the mods won't do anything.
or maybe...just maybe...none of the other mods have looked in the thread...

but you know what...

for all your whining and moaning about favoritism/bias or what the mod's should do that you're doing in this thread...you haven't even clicked thatsimple "report" option underneath any of his replies..

...but I guess it's easier and better for your e-rep for you to publicly complain about it....but at the same time not do anything at all to police yourown community.

i dont see how anyone can complain about racism. EVERYONE HAS TO GO THROUGH IT. its part of life. we jsut need to deal with it cuz it wont ever change

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Until JJLT76 says something about asians the mods won't do anything.
or maybe...just maybe...none of the other mods have looked in the thread...

but you know what...

for all your whining and moaning about favoritism/bias or what the mod's should do that you're doing in this thread...you haven't even clicked that simple "report" option underneath any of his replies..

...but I guess it's easier and better for your e-rep for you to publicly complain about it....but at the same time not do anything at all to police your own community.
I've been here a while, have I ever stood out as someone who wants e-rep? I've reported racist comments plenty of times only to seenothing done so why even bother?

^^^ I wouldn't really call his comment racist to the point where he needs to be warned/banned. He's just not educated enough on the situation(don't take it personal) but if you follow the thread and see his replies it's obvious that the guy is not a blatant racist the way you guys are tryingto make it seem, it's NT though, one person makes a post in caps and everyone follows him.

If anything you should be warned for insinuating that the mods are racist/prejudice to anyone who isn't Asian.

Originally Posted by jonny1200

^^^ I wouldn't really call his comment racist to the point where he needs to be warned/banned. He's just not educated enough on the situation (don't take it personal) but if you follow the thread and see his replies it's obvious that the guy is not a blatant racist the way you guys are trying to make it seem, it's NT though, one person makes a post in caps and everyone follows him.

If anything you should be warned for insinuating that the mods are racist/prejudice to anyone who isn't Asian.
So it's ok for him to make racist comments because of his ignorance? Sorry it doesn't work that way.

But the majority of the people posting in here have made prejudice comments due to there ignorance, so should everyone be banned because they don't fullyunderstand what's going on? Only one guy actually took the time to give JJLT76 a real educated answer while everyone else basically chanted racist, racist,racist. If more people took the time to explain things then we wouldn't have so much racial ignorance.

Originally Posted by jonny1200

But the majority of the people posting in here have made prejudice comments due to there ignorance, so should everyone be banned because they don't fully understand what's going on? Only one guy actually took the time to give JJLT76 a real educated answer while everyone else basically chanted racist, racist, racist. If more people took the time to explain things then we wouldn't have so much racial ignorance.
Saying blacks are a menace to others, and that 90 % of them are thugs isn't racist? Show me something someone else has said in this threadthat compares.

^^^ In his neighborhood and in the media a large percentage of black people are portrayed as thugs but you guys are making it seem as if he cringes every timehe sees a black person. I'm not defending what he said because it is wrong because he's judging an entire race from whats around him. But to say theguy is a racist just makes me believe that very few of you have met actual racist people, who's entire family is racist, and who try to raise there kids asracist and because there so closed minded its impossible to reason with them.

You got one guy blaming all the white people for the way blacks are shown and then saying black people cant be racist, I think those are some pretty racistcomments if you ask me.

I've been here a while, have I ever stood out as someone who wants e-rep? I've reported racist comments plenty of times only to see nothing done so why even bother?
taking a look at the reports..you reported a total of 12 things in the past year...
1. none involving racist comments
2. if you think that they aren't followed up on..why are you reporting them?

so claiming that your reports fall on deaf ears is asinine.

besides...what you may think is racist...isn't necessarily interpreted as such by the admin who is looking at the reported post.

No one cares about what type of person he is its about what he did or said and what the man said is racist.
What confuses about this post is how exactly do white people really expect black people to believe that much has changed in a country where white Americanshave kept racist ideology alive since the 1700's?
Not only that, the past few threads I've seen have been gravely offensive with white people speculating on what black people are thinking or how theyshould think, especially during this election. If any thing it did nothing but prove this country really hasn't changed except for a few laws and howracism or prejudice is concealed and rears it ugly head in snide *@# remarks.
I'm going to take it from my older family member who lived during the civil rights era and they say nothing has changed except the mask that people wear.This country is full of fake *@# people.

There are some absolutely ridiculous statements in here.

Some of you cats really need to understand that what you see in your little area isn't indicative of America in general.

Then again, I guess that's why these threads never end well
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom