This Jussie Smollett Situation is REALLY Bizarre...

Are we not allowed to question the assault because he's black or gay? Story sounds sus in that theres no surveillance footage God danned cameras are everywhere now.
I mean if you're attacked and nobody witnesses it and it happened soemwhere with no cameras of the exact place it happened should it be okay for ppl to question you?

The option is dude is a scumbag and decided to lie about hate crime on two fronts.

But please let's not even pretend him being black even matters to whether this is questionable or not. It is cuz he's black that he's getting indirectly called a liar.

Let this be a white gay dude with the same story and same refusal to turn over his phone and cops would already had some suspects.

50626394_293806951312929_8308111129097906361_n.jpg

First I want to say that Smollett being out at that hour in that weather is odd. But that doesn't necessarily mean that what he said happened is a lie...

Reminds me of some Shaun King stuff

Please don't bring him into this discussion. Him and his behavior have nothing to do with this.

No one hated trump b4 he became president, the Don was probably the most admired man in America at some point.

So you're just gonna come in here telling outright, bold-faced lies?

Got it.

That article explicitly states:

"Despite skepticism voiced on social media, Johnson police “have no reason to believe (Smollett’s) not being genuine with us.”

And this is after Smollet refused to turn over his phone. If turning over the actual phone was so essential to corroborating his story, the police wouldn't have come out and said this.

From the link @solewoman posted:

Without GIVING up his phone, could the police simply ask him to show the call log to prove that he was indeed talking to his manager at the time of the attack?

Also, he was on camera just before and just after. The total time not on camera was 60 seconds. This means they know exactly when it happened. If the phone records don't match up he is lying.

So If he made it up, which is highly probable

Who are you to determine that it's "HIGHLY PROBABLE" that Smollett made it up?

You are just speculating based on a very limited set of facts--- you don't know enough to arrive at that conclusion and you aren't privy to all of the details surrounding the investigation.

The police don't need the physical phone to confirm that he was on the phone when the attack occurred. The phone company can provide that info- which is why the police said themselves that they had no reason to believe that dude is lying.

Now there could be other evidence that comes out that makes them scratch their heads, but we haven't heard about that up to this point so your little Law and Order SVU conclusion looks incredibly silly and uninformed (and this will still hold true even if it turns out that Smollett fabricated the story, because again, you are basically guessing).

Are we not allowed to question the assault because he's black or gay?

Who said you aren't allowed to question it?

Serious question- where are you on the spectrum?

THIS!!!!!!

The Liam Neeson thing adds a level of plausibility to all of this. Granted, it's not directly related to the specific Smollett incident. HOWEVER- it shows that there are actually hateful people roaming the streets looking for targets to harm--- WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT SMOLLETT ALLEGES HAPPENED TO HIM!!

Neeson straight up came out and said that he was hunting for a black man on the street so that he could KILL him!!!

He didn't say that he was seeking a specific person, he clearly stated that any black person would suffice! Everyone posting in this thread needs to internalize how wild and deplorable of a statement that is.

Now that you've considered what Neeson said, is it so unbelievable that there are at least 2 more Liam Neeson's out there looking for targets? The answer is a resounding NO!

Add the MAGA hate-mail that Smollett received at work and everyone calling BS on this is suddenly and not so suddenly looking a little funny in the light.

I also fully understand that there is the possibility that Smollett could have fabricated the entire thing but all of the facts in this thing have not been revealed and it is very much an open investigation--- so for the neckbeards in here calling BS, lower your voices you sound ignorant as hell.

Last edited:
Kinfolk Kinfolk im not determining anything. It’s not my quote. It was posted on reddit. Just another POV that does make sense when thinking of the particulars of the alleged crime that happened.

718, you're from NY?

Do you know about the Central Park 5?

and all his housing discrimination lawsuits?

I know all about Trump and his previous endeavors and behaviors... all I am saying is he wasn't deemed toxic by any means...

He guest starred in a ton of movies throughout his lifetime.

His name was dropped by almost every rapper in the 90s... I remember when all ****** wanted to be the black Donald trump

Trump had the most highly rated TV show while I was in the military.

When I came out in 2006 the apprentice was just coming off of it high but he was definitely still a talk of the country.

All of a sudden he's a pos because he's the president...

Yall shouldve kept thar same energy ya'll had through his whole lifetime if you're choosing to hate him now.

I know all about Trump and his previous endeavors and behaviors... all I am saying is he wasn't deemed toxic by any means...

He guest starred in a ton of movies throughout his lifetime.

His name was dropped by almost every rapper in the 90s... I remember when all *****s wanted to be the black Donald trump

Trump had the most highly rated TV show while I was in the military.

When I came out in 2006 the apprentice was just coming off of it high but he was definitely still a talk of the country.

All of a sudden he's a pos because he's the president...

Yall shouldve kept thar same energy ya'll had through his whole lifetime if you're choosing to hate him now.
I see what you are saying.

I can agree that the LEVEL of hate for Trump wasn't as "universal" or as pronounced as it is now. (Level meaning there were still many that DID hate him already)

Folks just looked at him as a rich, racist, white dude that they could ignore/not have to deal with. (Not including those affected by CP5 / Housing Discrimination)

Now they (most people of color) view him as a rich, racist, white dude with too much control over our lives.

Levels.

I brought Shaun King up into the discussion as a comparison to how the rush to judgement, speaking before the facts come out approach is a detriment to serious situations.

The situation where those cops were accused of sexually assaualting that lady last year and the Jasmine Barnes tragic shooting last month. He used his platform and audience to convict who he thought was guilty and destroy their name only to half *** backtrack everything when the facts came out. Him and where donation money has gone in past scenarios has had an iffy track record too.

But as for Jussie Smollett. Take a wait and see approach for all I care. If it indeed happened, charge the people who did it with a hate crime and give them the harshest punishment possible.

If however, something else happened and he made this story up to cover up something else. Then he deserves all the scrutiny and criticism possible.

So instead of investigating the crime you want the police to investigate the victim that reported the crime is telling the truth?

I mean if you're attacked and nobody witnesses it and it happened soemwhere with no cameras of the exact place it happened should it be okay for ppl to question you?

The option is dude is a scumbag and decided to lie about hate crime on two fronts.

But please let's not even pretend him being black even matters to whether this is questionable or not. It is cuz he's black that he's getting indirectly called a liar.

Let this be a white gay dude with the same story and same refusal to turn over his phone and cops would already had some suspects.

Let me help you out here champ. When you investigate a crime you investigate ALL matters involved in the crime in order to conduct a thorough investigation. Meaning if a victim tells a detective that he was on the phone with an associate during or right before an assault, the detective would want to talk to that associate as he or she might have some more information to share.

Get that old school Matlock way of thinking and investigating out your head champ as you can now review phone calls and phone records in this day and age. I want to make sure these two racist criminals get captured and prosecuted accordingly...........that’s if they exist of course.

Are we not allowed to question the assault because he's black or gay? Story sounds sus in that theres no surveillance footage God danned cameras are everywhere now.
People will act as if they don't know what the deal is but when you say, "I will wait for the details" in CERTAIN situations, people look at you funny vs. when doing it in other situations. I will just leave it at that.

If folks are being morally honest with themselves, they are hip.

Last edited:
In 2019, there is no camera footage of a pack of dudes even the vicinity of the attack?

There are cameras on every building.

Attack could of easily happened in a blind spot, but it's very VERY hard to believe there's not footage of the before or after.

I mean I see what this quote was TRYING to do/say but there is clearly more nuance to compare between the two situations.

All it was TRYING to say was “look, if you need an example of black people being randomly hunted, here it is one week later”

Obviously different situations, but definitely applicable.

My thing is Jusse was seen on 2 different cameras minutes apart. Not one camera caught 2 white dudes out there?

People will act as if they don't know what the deal is but when you say, "I will wait for the details" in CERTAIN situations, people look at you funny vs. when doing it in other situations. I will just leave it at that.

If folks are being morally honest with themselves, they are hip.

We as people in general are flawed when it comes to that stuff. I’m guilty of it. You’re probably guilty of it. We all are to an extent.

We as people in general are flawed when it comes to that stuff. I’m guilty of it. You’re probably guilty of it. We all are to an extent.
Yea, as humans, part of our makeup IS inconsistency/hypocrisy.

The most you can do is be aware of it and attempt to get rid of it to the best of your ability.

Yea, as humans, part of our makeup IS inconsistency/hypocrisy.

The most you can do is be aware of it and attempt to get rid of it to the best of your ability.

I’ll put it like this. If you’re a parent and you hear your kid is being bullied at school. You’re going to go on attack mode and letting the facts come out the idea that maybe your kid was potentially the aggressor isn’t going to be considered.

Same way if your kid is accused of doing something bad, you’re likely going to dispute it and go on defense mode. It is what it is. We as humans are flawed on things like that.

I’ll put it like this. If you’re a parent and you hear your kid is being bullied at school. You’re going to go on attack mode and letting the facts come out the idea that maybe your kid was potentially the aggressor isn’t going to be considered.

Same way if your kid is accused of doing something bad, you’re likely going to dispute fish and go on defense mode. It is what it is. We as humans are flawed on things like that.

I agree 100% , well said

Back
Top Bottom