Thoughts on the Johnathon Martin - Ritchie Incognito situation?

smh @ dudes getting offensive over a word the white man made,but last time i checked when you add slang to a word your accepting it, but dudes wanna go super saiyan when a non black says it because of the history, if someone is using the word in the same context as your using it dont catch feelings, everybody non black that says the n word isnt prejudice " no thats our word you cant use it, only we can" get over it

Look the fact of the matter is that talk like this happens in every sport usually on the field against the other team not to each other lol it's funny cuz you think of football players as being the alpha male and like words never hurt them

smh @ dudes getting offensive over a word the white man made,but last time i checked when you add slang to a word your accepting it, but dudes wanna go super saiyan when a non black says it because of the history, if someone is using the word in the same context as your using it dont catch feelings, everybody non black that says the n word isnt prejudice " no thats our word you cant use it, only we can" get over it

doesn't change the fact that its completely disrespectul

i'm not sure what you've written here

Why do most people talk as if they ever got paid to play professionally?

Ya'll comparing, high school and college locker rooms to a pro locker room, :lol:

Even in some D1 locker rooms, it is very business like. Verbal spats happen all the time, fights on the field happen often, fights in the locker room DO NOT happen, and when they do IT IS A BIG DEAL and it often doesn't reflect well on the individuals involved, doesn't matter who is wrong or right.

Most of you have never even stepped into a professional locker room to even speak on it. VERY BUSINESS LIKE, and there are a lot of suits that keep it that way.

Only fights I see happen are during training camp on the football field. Is it common in locker rooms as well?

Some of yall got a special group of friends. I'll just leave it at that.

Last edited:
Is it common in locker rooms as well?

It is not common, verbal spats are. Even then when it gets physical, it's usually arguing back and forth with players puffing their chest as soon as someone starts to hold them back :smile:lol).

These dudes don't want to fight physically, as "alpha" as they are. They understand that their livelihood is on the line, this is their career, their meal ticket. They want minimize the opportunities to end it. A physical fight reflects poorly and THEY ALL get reported by the media, it always magically leaks. Just google it.

Professional locker rooms are very business like, very corporate.

There's also very little alone time in the locker room, where the players are there by themselves. There's a window where the media isn't allowed but coaches/staff/front office are in there, then the media gets in there. This isn't a high school locker room that 95% of people are accustomed to or are familiar with.

Last edited:
Sayin my nigg_

Over saying what incognito said to Martin isn't the same thing though.

Not sure why ***** is even being tossed around in this issue. At the end of the day, if another man is disrespecting u. Then u speak up for yourself.

For every one saying that his team mates should have stood up for him. We're talking about 2 grown *** individuals.

Please kill all that bullying noise too. Like man up!!

I say Jonathan Martin retires from football and gets paid by the nfl to speak on the matter of bullying to Hs around the country t bet

I say Jonathan Martin retires from football and gets paid by the nfl to speak on the matter of bullying to Hs around the country t bet
You must be one of those "if a guy came out gay he would have millions forever" type of dudes.  You people live in a fantasy world.

NFL players come straight out of college to fortune and fame and some guys just don't ever really mature out of the above the law college ways that they had. This is how Incognito is and why he's had the character issues for all these years. Dude is an idiot and has been a head case his whole career. But what he said is just his the way he jokes around. Yes when you type out a transcript of what he said it looks pretty damn bad. But there's a reason why pretty much every single other player on his team and even on other teams said that he's a good dude that just jokes hard. Offensive linemen are like family, and I'm sure whether Martin liked it or not the two of them spent countless hours together over the past two years...more than we even ever spend with some of our best friends. It wasn't some random dude he didn't like that every time he stepped foot in the cafeteria he was like "oh **** I'm gonna have to see Ritchie today he's gonna be mean to me :frown:"

I'm saying that's what's gunna happen cuz bullying is a big thing nowadays and lol what do you mean by you people? I'm just stating that's the world we live in of course you live under a rock people like to make the victim the hero and make a pity party for em

Just read in a deadspin article they asked Ricky Williams what he thought about this issue.. He says exactly "i would have called him a redneck and laughed it off, I feel that Martin is too soft to play in the NFL"

Any of you guys catch outside the lines today? They did a feature on the story and its definitely worth watching.

Some of ya'll ****** wear skirts

How dare some of us use rational thought and not jump to violence. The nerve of us to think about situations in a cerebral manner and not enjoy physical confrontations. To have an expectation for some basic decency from our fellow man. :lol:

Seriously though at this point what's left to discuss. Until new info comes out people have pretty much made their feelings known and so far doesn't seem like anyone is willing to sway.

doesn't change the fact that its completely disrespectul
Not if theyre using it the same way we are, martin and malcom etc. fought for equal rights not who uses the n word or not, your just brainwashed by past generations instead of looking at the bigger picture and knowing that we are in a different era and non blacks are using the word to fit in with our culture

yeah this thread has been saturated with terrible posts and way less the intelligent "dialogue"

i'm out

Interesting thread. No surprise that many of you would be stupid enough to get into a physical altercation with a teammate in the locker room. Let's ignore the fact that you're playing under a contract worth millions, that can be voided in an instant over non-football injuries.

But hey, throw some fists and show the fat, white redneck who's boss. There's someone else waiting to take your place who isn't a ******g idiot.

Last edited:
And the plot thickens......

Sources: Dolphins coaches asked Incognito to toughen up Martin

"Miami Dolphins' coaches asked player Richie Incognito, who was the offensive line's undisputed leader, to toughen up teammate Jonathan Martin after he missed a voluntary workout last spring, at least two sources told the Sun Sentinel.

The sources told the paper they believe that Incognito, who is accused of using racially incendiary language and bullying tactics against Martin, may have taken those orders too far.

It's not clear whether those marching orders will now become part of a pending investigation by the NFL into the Dolphins' locker room culture, and the alleged bullying that took place between Incognito and Martin."

http://touch.sun-sentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-78065907/

On my tablet so I can't copy the whole story.

hmmm...quite the astute comment there mr internet tough guy
This is the go to ******g response on this board when people can't think of anything else to say 
laugh.gif

Go paint your face

Back
Top Bottom