Thoughts on the Lizzo twerking at NBA game vol. This Why Rikishi trending

What does “industry (plant)” even mean in this scenario? :lol:
A non organic growth that is everywhere without asking. Usually it’s a young white girl every summer that can be capitalized on, but lizzo has been out for ages but they needed to capitalize on the body positivity movement so they put her everywhere and encouraged her to do shenanigans like twerk at a basketball game

So every popular artist? What's the point of the term then?
Eh to an extent but not really. A new rapper pops up everyday with an organic grown following. This just usually occurs in the pop space

like is Billie eillish really a ground breaking talent, or was the marketing spend so big that it just got ingrained in people’s minds.

A non organic growth that is everywhere without asking. Usually it’s a young white girl every summer that can be capitalized on, but lizzo has been out for ages but they needed to capitalize on the body positivity movement so they put her everywhere and encouraged her to do shenanigans like twerk at a basketball game
Hmmm. Well said. Music Industry invented pop-up ads before the Internet. She’s having something played over and over and over again, and having that person’s face on every available entity creates some type of “know”.

What's the problem with this pic?
giphy (9).gif

Where are y'all seeing Lizzo everywhere? :lol:

Lizzo twerking at the NBA game was 2019

Her most popular songs released in 2016 "Good as Hell" and 2017 "Truth Hurts"

Most notable thing she's done this year was saying b* at the Grammy's

:lol: I didn't even know about this, these dudes seeing lizzo everywhere like son from Suicide Squad who saw his mom everywhere.

So what's going to happen when Lizzo losses all this weight and starts to look right? Because you KNOW that will eventually happen!
She'll still be the same insecure person she is now. Weight loss doesn't change a person's mentality. Especially in this social media driven environment.

Where are y'all seeing Lizzo everywhere? :lol:

Lizzo twerking at the NBA game was 2019

Her most popular songs released in 2016 "Good as Hell" and 2017 "Truth Hurts"

Most notable thing she's done this year was saying b* at the Grammy's

Who said they’re seeing her everywhere? Her plug ran out years ago. All this BS now is an attempt to stay relevant.

Yeah who is the "organic" pop star and how did the marketing differ?
Pop stars not so much but I said earlier, every week we have a new rapper popping up with something catchy or a dance and taking off on social media without the use of commercials, late night talk shows, awards performances etc.

Yall gotta realize that most new artists are made to appeal to the white audience.

I don't know too many black people who **** with Lizzo, Travis, etc.

Maybe in the South. I don't know anyone Black who's heavy into Travis :lol:
I know people down south and up north who definitely listen to him and have been to his concerts several times. Maybe it’s the people you know that don’t listen to him but you can say many black people don’t listen to him.

Back
Top Bottom