Tipping Vol. Why am I paying you extra to do your job?

Originally Posted by Put em up

Originally Posted by IamMD

Originally Posted by mandown91

naw f all that tipping... ill pay for the food, because with the drink added in there its almost 20 bucks for a meal and you want me to tip you for your below average service.... ROZAY VOICE NO SIR NOT MEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I bet you are black...no offense.  I'm willing to bet my life on it.

So with that being said. Off yourself.
I'm black, though.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Originally Posted by Clevereddie

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

laugh.gif
 I'm surprised no one asked this on the first page. But to answer the question, yeah. 
I'm not even tight w/my money.  I just don't understand the premise of tipping. 
not being racist, but now I understand.. Black people for the most part never tip. and when they do its always 5$, its as if you all met up and agreed not to tip or if you do it will be 5$.

Whenever someone posts "not being racist..." the rest of their post is usually racist / stereotypical 
laugh.gif
I mean its just a stereotype not a racism thing
laugh.gif
.....people in the industry hate the following (whether its fair is for you to decide but it is what it is):
a) European customers (since they like to eat outside no matter the weather and not tip, since they don't do so in their country)

b) African American (not being politically correct)

c) younger kids

Most of my black friends tell me the same thing about how true it is
laugh.gif

This is strictly from either a bar/restaurant establishment and not your local Denny's.

Originally Posted by Boi

Originally Posted by ErickM713

You really don't know how much waiters make do you?
A swanky restaurant offered me a job.

I was only going to make 2.50 an hour plus tips.

Waiters literally would make NOTHING if it wasn't for tips. If you can afford the service, then you can afford to show some gratitude to the person serving you.

Restaurants is different, the waiter/waitress is going to get a tip from me, bad service or excellent, sure the tip is going to vary on how well their job was done, but they're still going to receive something from me.
This This This.. And tips are split with the busser
man F all that.. thats the job they chose, i aint tell em go pick a job where they gotta bring people their food like a peasant... so when im hungry i head out to a restaurant or even a lil  diner n i just eat f all that extra paying..... i  can use those $1 bills on white owl cigariilos

you sound like a real winner

haha whatever boy... i be high as a kite anyways when i go out to eat, you think i give a F about what an establishment gotta say about me... boy idgaf about some restaurant and what some white man told me to do... I DONT LISTEN TO NOBODY BOY ... i dont tip, n never do it

My son wylin
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

smh yall just corrputed man real talk.... if yall could see the light, man what that mean if F you n F the boy standin next to you... SOUTH SIDE STAND Up , boy i b ballin .. n i be cookin too man yall some funny cats...

Originally Posted by puddinpopp

op are you black?

laugh.gif
 I'm surprised no one asked this on the first page. But to answer the question, yeah. 
not being racist, but now I understand.. Black people for the most part never tip. and when they do its always 5$, its as if you all met up and agreed not to tip or if you do it will be 5$.
What's wrong with a $5 tip? How many groups are you taking care of on average per hour?
I tip every time I sit down at a nice place to eat. Usually around 20-30% depending on the service, but I can see some using a $5 flat rate rule as fair.
If you can't be happy with a $5 tip there's something wrong with you (unless it's a large group)
$5*x groups per hour = a good amount of money

haha boy aint nobody broke boy.... only if you knew....that aint even the topic... but aint no tippin from me

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

haha whatever boy... i be high as a kite anyways when i go out to eat, you think i give a F about what an establishment gotta say about me... boy idgaf about some restaurant and what some white man told me to do... I DONT LISTEN TO NOBODY BOY ... i dont tip, n never do it

My son wylin
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

My mans high as a kite right now.
laugh.gif

smh yall just corrputed man real talk.... if yall could see the light, man what that mean if F you n F the boy standin next to you... SOUTH SIDE STAND Up , boy i b ballin .. n i be cookin too man yall some funny cats...

So if you say you're a cook yourself, why go to a eating establishment when you can obviously make a better meal yourself, kind sir. 

Im Black and tip 15-20%. No biggie for me.

But those who dont tip: What if you're taking friends/family out, say 6-8 people and gratuity is included whether you're tipping or not??

Do you subtract the included tip or just pay the whole bill anyway?

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

haha boy aint nobody broke boy.... only if you knew....that aint even the topic... but aint no tippin from me
You sound ******ed, son.
haha boy .... i bet you from up north huh?? talkin bout son... but yall boys dont know how we be talkin down south... get ya mentality right

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Im Black and tip 15-20%. No biggie for me.

But those who dont tip: What if you're taking friends/family out, say 6-8 people and gratuity is included whether you're tipping or not??

Do you subtract the included tip or just pay the whole bill anyway?

That wouldn't fly.

When its a group of that many people the tip is usually already added to the total amount, there is no way around it (especially in the nicer establishments).

I tip every time I sit down at a nice place to eat. Usually around 20-30% depending on the service, but I can see some using a $5 flat rate rule as fair.

Tha'ts fine and all if your eating alone or with a friend and not spending much at an iHop....but if you run up a $100+ tab you think 5$ is justified?

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Work in a busy restaurant and you will understand why people should tip

but dont nobody wanna work in no damn restaurant... thats like having a second home cause you gotta watch ppl n clean up after them

but dont nobody wanna work in no damn restaurant... thats like having a second home cause you gotta watch ppl n clean up after them

i dont see what you did there

Originally Posted by SoVerSoTowel

i dont see what you did there

Troll Lyfe,..............Troll Lyfe,Troll Lyfe.............Fo0L

what do you do for a living?

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

laugh.gif
What's wrong with a $5 tip? How many groups are you taking care of on average per hour?
I tip every time I sit down at a nice place to eat. Usually around 20-30% depending on the service, but I can see some using a $5 flat rate rule as fair.
If you can't be happy with a $5 tip there's something wrong with you (unless it's a large group)
$5*x groups per hour = a good amount of money

When your bill is 120 bucks, i don't think 5 dollars is fair
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SheryarYO

full time student... selling drank n bars

also from time to time i cut hair... now thats when ppl tip

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I tip every time I sit down at a nice place to eat. Usually around 20-30% depending on the service, but I can see some using a $5 flat rate rule as fair.

Tha'ts fine and all if your eating alone or with a friend and not spending much at an iHop....but if you run up a $100+ tab you think 5$ is justified?

Yeah, I think it is in most situations. The food is just more expensive. What's the server for the more expensive place doing that the chick at iHop won't do? He isn't spinning the plates as he brings them out riding a unicycle
laugh.gif

I think any more than 4 in a group should leave more than $5 because you made the server work harder to take care of your group, but for up to 4 people why complain about getting $5?

Originally Posted by SheryarYO

also from time to time i cut hair... now thats when ppl tip
why do you tip a barber when his job is just to cut your hair anyway, you're already paying him 10-12$ for his services right? Not his fault he has such a crummy job why should you have to give him extra, that's more than enough since he probably has a lot of customers per day. 

Back
Top Bottom