Tipping Vol. Why am I paying you extra to do your job?

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by mandown91

Originally Posted by SheryarYO

what do you do for a living?
also from time to time i cut hair... now thats when ppl tip
why do you tip a barber when his job is just to cut your hair anyway, you're already paying him 10-12$ for his services right? Not his fault he has such a crummy job why should you have to give him extra, that's more than enough since he probably has a lot of customers per day. 

haha i dont care if ppl tip, i got my flat rate, imma get my paper....... man yall some salty people on NT, but real talk if you dont tip barbers they be f'n up yo head sometims... you know what im talking about when yo +$! come home with a crooked edge

Originally Posted by SheryarYO

what do you do for a living?
why do you tip a barber when his job is just to cut your hair anyway, you're already paying him 10-12$ for his services right? Not his fault he has such a crummy job why should you have to give him extra, that's more than enough since he probably has a lot of customers per day. 

Most barbers rent the stations to be able to operate, so money comes out of their pocket.. I doubt waiters pay to work at a restaurant. 

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

I tip every time I sit down at a nice place to eat. Usually around 20-30% depending on the service, but I can see some using a $5 flat rate rule as fair.

Tha'ts fine and all if your eating alone or with a friend and not spending much at an iHop....but if you run up a $100+ tab you think 5$ is justified?

Yeah, I think it is in most situations. The food is just more expensive. What's the server for the more expensive place doing that the chick at iHop won't do? He isn't spinning the plates as he brings them out riding a unicycle
laugh.gif

I think any more than 4 in a group should leave more than $5 because you made the server work harder to take care of your group, but for up to 4 people why complain about getting $5?

.....a group of 3 people tipping $5 would be absurd, that's like $1.50 each person, server is probably going back and forth to refill everyone's drinks, bring out apps, bring out entree, refill more drinks, make sure everything is ok at your table, and then each person tips a little over a dollar. 
sick.gif

Most barbers rent the stations to be able to operate, so money comes out of their pocket.. I doubt waiters pay to work at a restaurant.

Servers tip out to almost everyone at the establishment including bus boys, hostess, etc, plus they make less than minimum wage since their pay is based on tips.

In that case throw a dinner party man.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Actually, most places make the servers pay a % of their sales to busboys, hostesses, cooks, etc.
Note "% of sales" not "% of tips".

So cheap %*$++ like yourself are actually taking money directly out of the server's pocket.

I tip every time I sit down at a nice place to eat. Usually around 20-30% depending on the service, but I can see some using a $5 flat rate rule as fair.

Tha'ts fine and all if your eating alone or with a friend and not spending much at an iHop....but if you run up a $100+ tab you think 5$ is justified?

Yeah, I think it is in most situations. The food is just more expensive. What's the server for the more expensive place doing that the chick at iHop won't do? He isn't spinning the plates as he brings them out riding a unicycle
laugh.gif

I think any more than 4 in a group should leave more than $5 because you made the server work harder to take care of your group, but for up to 4 people why complain about getting $5?

lol $5, though?  Thats NOTHING, Only time I tip 5 is if my check is like $10.

20% is standard when i go out, 25% if the service is above...at restaurants that is
as for bars...i usually tip $1 or $2 depending on if its beer or liquor per drink

and that kid up there is why the south will never be respected.

calling the kid a ****** is an understatement.

full time student where? at your local GED facility?

Cut hair where? in the projects?

Balllinnnnnnnnnn

mandown91...potential troll?..
laugh.gif
. Seriously though, dude's making Asians look bad with all this nonsense, but he's from the "hood," so I guess he's excluded.

Originally Posted by ricky409

Lol at this guy thinking he's #bawse cuz he work at a high end restaurant...
You shouldn't be knocking him because of his job either. High-end restaurant waiters and waitresses make a lot more money than you think. My cousin used to work at one and he would get like $200 of tips on certain nights.

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

and that kid up there is why the south will never be respected.

full time student where? at your local GED facility?

Cut hair where? in the projects?

Balllinnnnnnnnnn

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

.....a group of 3 people tipping $5 would be absurd, that's like $1.50 each person, server is probably going back and forth to refill everyone's drinks, bring out apps, bring out entree, refill more drinks, make sure everything is ok at your table, and then each person tips a little over a dollar. 
sick.gif

In that case throw a dinner party man.
1.50 per hour per person * say 10 individuals over the course of that hour is $15 an hour plus whatever the restaurant is paying you. You're complaining about that? For something you can do without a highschool diploma?

These threads are always comical and always end up the same, people justifying why they are cheap.
laugh.gif

Learn to cook or head to the drive thru.

and that kid up there is why the south will never be respected. ----------- NAW ITS BECAUSE racist ppl

full time student where? at your local GED facility? ----------------- AMOTHER !!++%* UNIVERSITY/ ENGINEERING DEGREE

Cut hair where? in the projects?------------------------- NAW WE DONT have projects boy im talkin section 8 housing BOY LMFAO

Balllinnnnnnnnnn ---- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
lmfao boy i just seen this $*@!, n you answered all the questions wrong boy you the dummy, hahaha

I only tip if they really deserve it. Otherwise I'm not tipping. It is what it is

OP, it sounds like you're a classless ingrate, who probably works retail, most likely selling cell phone cases and belt clips at a mall kiosk.

This is how the restaurant/bar industry works: You visit an establishment in hopes of having a meal that you don't have to prepare, with that comes the responsibility of the server to take care of you and all of your needs. If you don't tip, you're stealing a service.

If you don't like the way it works, don't make an *#% of yourself in public and stiff your sever.

Stay at home where inbred mongoloids belong.

yea that kid was definitely in a small classroom size with his own "special aide"

naw if you talkin bout back in high shcool, i was in the big AP class, boy step ya knowledge up, n stop assumin #@$! you dont even know about a person boy, thats some gay #@$!

and that kid up there is why the south will never be respected. ----------- NAW ITS BECAUSE racist ppl

full time student where? at your local GED facility? ----------------- AMOTHER !!++%* UNIVERSITY/ ENGINEERING DEGREE

Cut hair where? in the projects?------------------------- NAW WE DONT have projects boy im talkin section 8 housing BOY LMFAO

Balllinnnnnnnnnn ---- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
lmfao boy i just seen this $*@!, n you answered all the questions wrong boy you the dummy, hahaha

son, you aint fooling nobody. there's no way you go to college with that hood mentality
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by roback1991

OP, it sounds like you're a classless ingrate, who probably works retail, most likely selling cell phone cases and belt clips at a mall kiosk.

This is how the restaurant/bar industry works: You visit an establishment in hopes of having a meal that you don't have to prepare, with that comes the responsibility of the server to take care of you and all of your needs. If you don't tip, you're stealing a service.

If you don't like the way it works, don't make an *#% of yourself in public and stiff your sever.
see its ppl like this that makes ppl from the hood angry, you see ppl like him, sayin %#%+ like stay home n blah blah blah... is straight hatin on the hood, yall dont understand the hood mentality... when you do you gonna see how corrupt this world is.... its always favored to the white man

yea that kid was definitely in a small classroom size with his own "special aide"

naw if you talkin bout back in high shcool, i was in the big AP class, boy step ya knowledge up, n stop assumin #%$% you dont even know about a person boy, thats some gay #%$%

cool. nice homophobic slur to prove that you are educated. child please.

naw if you talkin bout back in high shcool, i was in the big AP class, boy step ya knowledge up, n stop assumin #@$! you dont even know about a person boy, thats some gay #@$!
By any chance, in those AP classes did you learn how to make eleven spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes in one sentence?

By any chance, in those AP classes did you learn how to make eleven spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes in one sentence?
yeah boy i did, but when im typing to fools like you on the internet about !!!#... i dont even give a +#$% about that, boy dont worry about me son, i go to school... im about to graduate in 1.5 years... get on my level boy, im high as a kite n im succeeding in life, making it out the hood,  what more could a person from the hood want

see its ppl like this that makes ppl from the hood angry, you see ppl like him, sayin %#%+ like stay home n blah blah blah... is straight hatin on the hood, yall dont understand the hood mentality... when you do you gonna see how corrupt this world is.... its always favored to the white man
The world is "favored to the white man", so you don't tip?

I don't follow here. It seems as though you're attempting to make a correlation between tipping severs at restaurants and the white power structure in America?
Am I correct?

Back
Top Bottom