To all my Cali heads..

I grew up in SF(Noe Valley/Mission District to be exact) and by far L.A!!!!! Cost of living/weather/lack of pretty females alone in S.F. is a joke.

Weather in Southern Cali is beautiful, pretty ladies out here, and so much to do out here.

I love visiting my family in S.F. but thats where I draw the line. I cant stay in S.F. for more than 1-2 weeks.

LA is way better especially in the weather dept. 10 months out of the year we have summer mid 70's degrees with a mild breeze. Cant beat that with abaseball bat.

Originally Posted by KIDFLY SniperElite007

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

LA reminds me of a big !@% suburb and downtown LA sucks. SF is more urbanized and progressive.

Downtown SF>>>>>The whole Socal IMO
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm guessing you didn't have a good time when you came down here.

I got nothing but good things to say about SF (Except the Giants
grin.gif
).

However, the beaches just kill it down here. SoCal>>>NorCal (It's not even close)......

SoCal - LA, SD, Hermosa, Hollywood, Huntington Beach, LBC, Redondo, Santa Monica, Downtown....yada yada
smokin.gif

Probably got his @*& pushed in by some Latinos in East LA
If that's what you're into, we sure have a district here for ya
smile.gif

LA reminds me of a big !@% suburb and downtown LA sucks. SF is more urbanized and progressive.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

grin.gif
).

However, the beaches just kill it down here. SoCal>>>NorCal (It's not even close)......

SoCal - LA, SD, Hermosa, Hollywood, Huntington Beach, LBC, Redondo, Santa Monica, Downtown....yada yada
smokin.gif

Do yourself a favor, keep those fantasy thoughts to yourself.

Back to the topic, I'm not going to lie, the parties are coo in LA, the beaches are better, and nightlife is good. But besides all that, what can you doconsistantly besides going to Kickbacks and backyard parties? I would get sick of all that after awhile, all I'm saying is, LA is too laid back for me.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

ooIRON MANoo wrote:

DaNiKeRhiNo wrote:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

grin.gif
).

smokin.gif

If that's what you're into, we sure have a district here for ya
smile.gif

indifferent.gif
Son.. You haven't seen the movie TRAINING DAY.. STARRING DENZEL.. Get outta here

If you like the big city NY feel SF is for you. If you like a big suburb with no tall buildings around then LA. I prefer SF much more over LA, but bothplaces have their pros and cons.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

grin.gif
).

smokin.gif

Back to the topic, I'm not going to lie, the parties are coo in LA, the beaches are better, and nightlife is good. But besides all that, what can you do consistantly besides going to Kickbacks and backyard parties? I would get sick of all that after awhile, all I'm saying is, LA is too laid back for me.
What do you mean, "What can you do?"?
laugh.gif
You saythat like this is the middle of nowhere. Enlighten me, what can you do up there "consistently" that can't be done down here?

indifferent.gif
Son.. You haven't seen the movie TRAINING DAY.. STARRING DENZEL.. Get outta here

I have, but you seemed proud of it
laugh.gif
. We're debating pros of citiesand you say this

why people acting like SF has a lack of good looking females? we were ranked just one under LA in the most attractive cities rankings. of course LA is gonna beautomatically ranked higher cause of all the models/actors that go there for work.

wack weather? now ive heard it all, SF is known for having some of the best weather in the country
laugh.gif
i was just in SF today, and the weather was perfect...LA heads exaggerate waytoo much about how they have summer year round and they never need jackets and @#$%. I go to school 1.5 hours away so I go to LA at least 4 times a month, andduring winter it still gets chilly enough to layer up at night time, just like in SF

SF is cold during some days of the summer, depending which part you are at. Its never cold in Downtown or Chinatown during that time.

Been to L.A once , and I can say I wouldnt live in LA, but maybe in some city by it. So, SF>LA

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

why people acting like SF has a lack of good looking females? we were ranked just one under LA in the most attractive cities rankings. of course LA is gonna be automatically ranked higher cause of all the models/actors that go there for work.

wack weather? now ive heard it all, SF is known for having some of the best weather in the country
laugh.gif
i was just in SF today, and the weather was perfect...LA heads exaggerate way too much about how they have summer year round and they never need jackets and @#$%. I go to school 1.5 hours away so I go to LA at least 4 times a month, and during winter it still gets chilly enough to layer up at night time, just like in SF
It's colder up north and it rains more
smokin.gif
. I actuallylike SF's weather. Just 'cause you were in SF today, doesn't mean it's a norm and should be taken as an example of SF's weather patterns
laugh.gif
It is generally colder, more fog (we have more smog
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
) and more rain. I dig it though.

It hasn't really been cold in LA this year, with the exception of late November and early December when it got extremely cold by our standards. It waswarm today
sick.gif

forgot to mention, Im living in Arizona right now, and theres some company called "NOTcal". And I see NotCal decals and prints on shirts all over theplace here.
They are only promoting Cali even more. Stupid.

why people acting like SF has a lack of good looking females? we were ranked just one under LA in the most attractive cities rankings. of course LA is gonna be automatically ranked higher cause of all the models/actors that go there for work.

laugh.gif
i was just in SF today, and the weather was perfect...LA heads exaggerate way too much about how they have summer year round and they never need jackets and @#$%. I go to school 1.5 hours away so I go to LA at least 4 times a month, and during winter it still gets chilly enough to layer up at night time, just like in SF
smokin.gif
. I actually like SF's weather. Just 'cause you were in SF today, doesn't mean it's a norm and should be taken as an example of SF's weather patterns
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

It hasn't really been cold in LA this year, with the exception of late November and early December when it got extremely cold by our standards. It was warm today
sick.gif
Same, early december nights were unbearable but it was 24/7 (LOLWUT) sunshine this week. Can't we all just get along

I'm from oakland but visited sf a whole lot. Sf is chill and I could definitely see myself living there. Now I live in LA and its dope as well. I wasINCREDIBLY shocked with the beef between blacks and mexicans. It was actually pretty sad. While both cities are
pimp.gif
im gonna have to go LA>SF by a verrrrrrrry narrow margin

ooIRON MANoo wrote:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

grin.gif
).

smokin.gif

Back to the topic, I'm not going to lie, the parties are coo in LA, the beaches are better, and nightlife is good. But besides all that, what can you do consistantly besides going to Kickbacks and backyard parties? I would get sick of all that after awhile, all I'm saying is, LA is too laid back for me.
What do you mean, "What can you do?"?
laugh.gif
You say that like this is the middle of nowhere. Enlighten me, what can you do up there "consistently" that can't be done down here?
-Chill downtown and have a good time anytime of the day(A developed downtown).
-Go to almost EVERY neighborhood without worrying about what colors you're wearing.
-Get with ANY girl you want without worrying about racist family members and relatives.
-Have access to most of the bay area (except San Jose and Marin) through our SUBWAY (ya'll need a better system).
-Have access to 3 big cities with it's own characteristics and are completely different from each other (Oakland, SF, and San Jose) and a number of smallnice cities(Berkeley, Sausalito, Alameda, Hayward, etc.) that are unique also.
-We got the wine country.
-There's clubs for everyone.
-Everything is SF is close and easy to get too without driving.
-If you live in SF, you don't really need a car, you have a choice between taking a train, a streetcar, or Bart.

Those are all the things I like that LA doesn't offer.

laugh.gif
smokin.gif
. I actually like SF's weather. Just 'cause you were in SF today, doesn't mean it's a norm and should be taken as an example of SF's weather patterns
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

It hasn't really been cold in LA this year, with the exception of late November and early December when it got extremely cold by our standards. It was warm today
sick.gif
i feel you, the fog usually goes away by noon tho. i guess i forgot to take into account that my definition of perfect weather can obviously bedifferent from yours. Mine is around 60-65 with the sun out, i think thats cold for LA standards
laugh.gif

i know it rains more up here, but you still cant take the "it never rains in southern california" literally. when i went with my family for a 3 dayvacation in LA last spring , it rained EVERY day
sick.gif
maybe im just unlucky,cause whenever I go during winter and spring its always cold or raining
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

laugh.gif
smokin.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

sick.gif
Same, early december nights were unbearable but it was 24/7 (LOLWUT) sunshine this week. Can't we all just get along

I grew up in SF!!! And the weather is terrible(I hate rain and too much cold) Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter, you name it you will encounter FOG! inS.F.......Bay Area residents, tell me i'm lying! I was just out there in August for my older brothers wedding and it was foggy at night. When I lived thereattending San Francisco City College during the winter time I remembered it rained non stop for weeks and weeks.

L.A. is not perfect dont get me wrong, but if I had to choose I prefer Southern Cali, and thats why i've been living out here for 10 years strong. I stillLOVE visting the bay though.

SF is never that cold. its mid december and the temp has been in the mid 60s during the day and in the 50s late night. its 52 degrees right now. if thats toocold for you guys then youre just spoiled
laugh.gif

The weather is definitely not as nice up here in NorCal. It rains more, is generally colder, and the city is always foggy. With that being said, I LOVE theweather in the Bay Area. I don't mind that it gets cold because I like wearing layers and actually owning jackets. At least it almost feels likewe have seasons. It also might just be me but I really like the fog too. There's nothing more beautiful than driving on the 280 towards the city and seeingthe fog roll over the hills from Half Moon Bay. Sometimes it gets so foggy that when you're driving it feels like you're in a cloud. Some might notlike that but I think it's amazing. Driving across the Golden Gate Bridge at night while it's foggy
eek.gif

Originally Posted by JBSB1989

I want to know who you guys think has better music?
A band from San Francisco has arguably one of the top 5 albums released this year.

Back
Top Bottom