To all Nike employees...

People are chomping at the bit to get a job at the Niketowns, Factory Stores, and Employee Stores. They will take your job in a hearbeat.

As for the turnover, no it won't be good, but I think Nike can handle it. They have way too much product they can release at the snap of a finger, and, voila, the effect of the turnover is mitigated--if there is a turnover. There's no way in hell someone is going to quit their job at Nike...Nike!
I know right.
Although you are right about people wanting to work for Nike, they often don't like to stick around when the "honeymoon" period isover. Sure someone can take my job (I don't work there anymore, but still have access to a Swoosh account, but I'm still close to a few exco-workers). It cost money to hire people and it isn't good for the bottom line, for every company.

On the retail level, there is constant turnover, and it is not good for business. For example, say you lose someone that has been there for 2 years and hasexcellent product knowledge and you replace that person with a person who has excellent customer service skills, but little to no shoe knowledge.

Jordan/Nike do have some things in the vault that will help, but you can only go to the well so many times before it dries up. Tell me this year what has soldout that hasn't been limited. I can only think of one shoe of the top of my head and that is the Black/Red XX3. The CDP's are Limited GR's, theTitanium and All Star XX's were limited, the OG Structure Triax were limited as well. Let's face it, Nike Retro's don't move that well evenwith hype behind them (ZF 95).

Fact is that more than half of Niketowns will not turn a profit this year. So, I am sure turnover is important.

There's no way in hell someone is going to quit their job at Nike...Nike!There's no way in hell someone is going to quit their job at Nike...Nike! I know right.

laugh.gif
, People quit all the time. No commission, subpar pay, unstable hours. "The 40" is the only reason some people stick around. Without it, they are bouncing. If you think people don't quit their job at Nike, youshould get a job there and you will see for yourself that people quit all the time, it is a revolving door. Frankly, the people that love shoes on the NTlevel are in the minority. Most see it as a job, to get a paycheck, and don't really buy shoes. The only shoes they have are the ones they received forstaff dress.

to anyone that doesnt know anything about swoosh there was a limit on how many jordans you could be but i suppose they took it off thinking people wouldnt beignorant and do the fool with buying more than they need so there for its gone i second the comment about calling and complaining dont waste your breathebecause the decision is final

YOU GOTTA BE +%*$#**% ME

I WAS DEPENDING ON THESE DUDES FOR A DISCOUNT NEXT SATURDAY AND NOW I GOTTA COUGH UP THE EXTRA $$$
smh.gif

Ugh.

Oh well...good things only last for so long.

Honestly, even though some may abuse it, I don't think that's the reason for the change in policy. The problem is, Swoosh.com and NikeStore.com pullfrom the same inventory. Employees and their family members who had access to the discount had even more incentive to hop to it and order the new Jordan'son the launch date, which left a small fraction of the original allotment for the general public to buy. With the discount removed from Jordan's, I thinkthey figure more pairs will be left for the general public to buy, which also equals greater profits. I know times are bad right now and they could use theextra money, but they shouldn't do this at the expense of their employees. The right thing to do would be to increase the number of Jordan's allocatedto Swoosh.com/NikeStore.com, and hope that by doing so, more pairs will be left over for the general public after the wave of employees come through. In orderto do this, they would most likely have to produce more pairs, and we all know that Jordan's have to be limited these days, so it's unlikely that thiswill happen. On the other hand, they could keep the current allocation, but divide the inventory in half (part for Swoosh.com and part for NikeStore.com),which would ensure that the general public would have a reasonable chance to obtain them. Unfortunately, this would probably take more effort than they arewilling to put forth, so the situation at hand will remain. Hopefully I am wrong because the employees deserve the discount.

^ or they could just put it up on nikestore.com 1st
laugh.gif

but its just by chance that this happens around the most hyped pack so far.................hmmmmmmmmmmmmm im callin BS

Too bad so sad. Unfortunately a few of the bad eggs spoiled it for everyone. Honestly swoosh should've just limited 2 to everyone. I think thatwould've made things much easier. Oh well. Always been paying retail.

well i guess im kinda glad i don't have a swoosh account. im not dissapointed lol. but hey sorry 4 all u otha guys i know yall aint c that comin

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

People are chomping at the bit to get a job at the Niketowns, Factory Stores, and Employee Stores. They will take your job in a hearbeat.

As for the turnover, no it won't be good, but I think Nike can handle it. They have way too much product they can release at the snap of a finger, and, voila, the effect of the turnover is mitigated--if there is a turnover. There's no way in hell someone is going to quit their job at Nike...Nike!
I know right.
Although you are right about people wanting to work for Nike, they often don't like to stick around when the "honeymoon" period is over. Sure someone can take my job (I don't work there anymore, but still have access to a Swoosh account, but I'm still close to a few ex co-workers). It cost money to hire people and it isn't good for the bottom line, for every company.

On the retail level, there is constant turnover, and it is not good for business. For example, say you lose someone that has been there for 2 years and has excellent product knowledge and you replace that person with a person who has excellent customer service skills, but little to no shoe knowledge.

Jordan/Nike do have some things in the vault that will help, but you can only go to the well so many times before it dries up. Tell me this year what has sold out that hasn't been limited. I can only think of one shoe of the top of my head and that is the Black/Red XX3. The CDP's are Limited GR's, the Titanium and All Star XX's were limited, the OG Structure Triax were limited as well. Let's face it, Nike Retro's don't move that well even with hype behind them (ZF 95).

Fact is that more than half of Niketowns will not turn a profit this year. So, I am sure turnover is important.

There's no way in hell someone is going to quit their job at Nike...Nike!There's no way in hell someone is going to quit their job at Nike...Nike! I know right.

laugh.gif
, People quit all the time. No commission, subpar pay, unstable hours. "The 40" is the only reason some people stick around. Without it, they are bouncing. If you think people don't quit their job at Nike, you should get a job there and you will see for yourself that people quit all the time, it is a revolving door. Frankly, the people that love shoes on the NT level are in the minority. Most see it as a job, to get a paycheck, and don't really buy shoes. The only shoes they have are the ones they received for staff dress.

I didn't think it was like that outside of the community.

laugh.gif
, People quit all the time. No commission, subpar pay, unstable hours. "The 40" is the only reason some people stick around. Without it, they are bouncing. If you think people don't quit their job at Nike, you should get a job there and you will see for yourself that people quit all the time, it is a revolving door. Frankly, the people that love shoes on the NT level are in the minority. Most see it as a job, to get a paycheck, and don't really buy shoes. The only shoes they have are the ones they received for staff dress.

laugh.gif
....Man tell em agian....Ive worked with a lotta cats whogot the job jus 4 the comp shoe and then bounced a few days after they got it....and in the factory stores mad people will quit 2 get other jobs that offermore bread

But the company cool its just im tryna get out of the factory store gig regardless of the 40....nike has other jobs that offer a whole lot more 4 me
grin.gif

Shoe store employees FTW!

at least the ones that get to use their discount on CDP's, its limited to 3 discounts for my store and I sure as hell will be one of them.

grin.gif

yo i call the employee Store (Greenland) like 100 times this moring non stop. till the lady picked up to tell me they Sold Out..Swoosh and Nike and showingtheir employess no love. This crazy!!
frown.gif

Originally Posted by fly1587

yo i call the employee Store (Greenland) like 100 times this moring non stop. till the lady picked up to tell me they Sold Out..Swoosh and Nike and showing their employess no love. This crazy!!
frown.gif

you're not the only one homie...i called, i had my mom call, my girl call...no luck
frown.gif

yo i call the employee Store (Greenland) like 100 times this moring non stop. till the lady picked up to tell me they Sold Out..Swoosh and Nike and showing their employess no love. This crazy!!
frown.gif

I called at 10 a.m. and kept pressing redial for like 15 minutes straight and finally I got through and ordered my pair
pimp.gif

Sorry for anybody else that didnt get theirs
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by StrongMind3

frown.gif

you're not the only one homie...i called, i had my mom call, my girl call...no luck
frown.gif
i didnt even bother i knew it wud b crazy wit everybodi who used swoosh calln a few employee stores.... man dis messd me up son
frown.gif

I got through at 7:05... (10:05 over there) and the lady picked up and ordered my pair... $160
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jordansponsorsme

The problem is, Swoosh.com and NikeStore.com pull from the same inventory. The right thing to do would be to increase the number of Jordan's allocated to Swoosh.com/NikeStore.com, and hope that by doing so, more pairs will be left over for the general public after the wave of employees come through. On the other hand, they could keep the current allocation, but divide the inventory in half (part for Swoosh.com and part for NikeStore.com), which would ensure that the general public would have a reasonable chance to obtain them.

The only reason employees "seem" to buy most of the stock first is because the GP don't know to turn Flash off.

1.calling the employee store is similar to callin a radio station when you really want tickets to a concert you cant give up when the line is busy you gottahang up call back hang up call back the tip i give is to call 2 mins before the employee store opens so that you are already on the line when they open
2.good news to any employees that use swoosh.com the air jordan countdown package 6's and the 17's are gonna be on discount limit one per customer andthe air jordan white and red 23's is gonna be limited 2 per customer

Back
Top Bottom