To all Nike employees...

Originally Posted by KickHead23

LMFAO thats awesome cause now i dont gotta try n get a job at the nike outlet 30 minutes away just for the awesome swoosh discount lol.

immaturity at it's potency

i dont know if any employees get faxes from the greendland employee store showing some releases available. the next pack was on there. thats another way to getit. i know you have to call the monday before to get on a list.

WOW, looks like I will no longer be purchasing any of these packs. $300 is too much for one shoe, I could deal with $186 for one shoe. It's sucks but thebright side is that I will be saving money now

This makes me so angry right now. There's no point of even having a swoosh account anymore because all I buy is Jordans from there. Does anybody know if wecan get them from the Greenland employee store?

This makes me so angry right now. There's no point of even having a swoosh account anymore because all I buy is Jordans from there. Does anybody know if wecan get them from the Greenland employee store on discount?

So, now if I want the 6/17 package, I should call the Greenland employee store(closest to me)
and I'll still be able to get the discount? I never knew you could call in advance and get stuff from them.

If you work there or have done this before please PM me!

This sucks.

wow. I just found a connect and was gonna use Swoosh for the FIRST time with these release....no CDP for me cuz that price tag is too steep.... white/redXX3's here I come!

Originally Posted by halfyhalf

You can probably thank the employees who abused the discounts to make money off of the employee benefit...

Yeah you can only abuse a good thing for so long.

meh, doesnt really affect me much

in canada here the FL & champs employees can get 30% off ONE pack, hopefully my connect can put my size on hold and get mine for me

Originally Posted by swingshot

Originally Posted by kaweoke

just seen today at work that swoosh.com will not give discount on anymore countdown packs or any jordan launch product. they will be up on swoosh but with no discount!

So no discounts on any new JB products at all? Makes me wonder if they're starting to feel the pinch.

theyre probably tired of seeing that discount turn their employees into broke down ebay hustlers.

You knew it was going to come to an end with everyone braggin about Swoosh still going to get my stuff though!

Wow
eek.gif
it's so funny how nike stop the 40% during this pack (vi/xvii)out of all of the other packs that recently released (x/xiii, ix/xiv, ii/xx1)
roll.gif

thank god this really doesn't have anything to do with me though
laugh.gif

aww too bad, now they gotta pay retail like the rest of us. oh well, life goes on... ( i know the ppl with swoosh accounts is HELLA mad now, tho)
laugh.gif

lol... This is depressing... I think they were just waiting to do this...

And wont this be a slap in the face... Watch them give it back for the 8 and 15 pack...
smh.gif

I blame Gentry.
(I mean why not, Everybody else on Nike Talk does)

StrongMind3 wrote:

please explain this lottery that you speak of...

-i know that niketown sf has a lottery of every launch shoe that is released at the store (i.e. jordans,forces) they post a blank list where you can fill outyour name and your size and the thursday of the launch week they pick a amount of names based on the quanity of shoes they get i am not sure if they do this atevery nike store or niketown but that is one oppertunity for employees at list at ntsf to get launch products

StrongMind3 wrote:

-i know that niketown sf has a lottery of every launch shoe that is released at the store (i.e. jordans,forces) they post a blank list where you can fill outyour name and your size and the thursday of the launch week they pick a amount of names based on the quanity of shoes they get i am not sure if they do this atevery nike store or niketown but that is one oppertunity for employees at list at ntsf to get launch products

Originally Posted by clogan23

StrongMind3 wrote:

-i know that niketown sf has a lottery of every launch shoe that is released at the store (i.e. jordans,forces) they post a blank list where you can fill out your name and your size and the thursday of the launch week they pick a amount of names based on the quanity of shoes they get i am not sure if they do this at every nike store or niketown but that is one oppertunity for employees at list at ntsf to get launch products

o so this only applies to nt stores and not factories? sucks
smh.gif

WOooooooW...The FEW nike retail employees who actually do know something will quit their jobs and now EVERY worker in those stores will be clueless like mostof them are already...It just shows you how many employees were going on their and buying these releases.......It's a shame too, because they should atleast allow 1 per employee...but I guess its just pure greed when it comes to these huge companies....
eyes.gif

Right idea, wrong execution.

Of course, this is all pure speculation, but for all of the things they want to try and stop, most of them won't be affected that strongly. Especially notcomparable to the effect it will have on honest employees.

Is this going to stop people from buying up multiple pairs? No.

Is this going to stop people from buying the whole package and selling one or both shoes? No.

Is this going to stop people from re-selling Nike/Jordan product to make profit? Absolutely not. From Swoosh.com, maybe, but there are numerous ways aroundthis for someone with the knowledge and experience (and willingness).

I feel like they're trying to chop down a tree (reselling) with an axe (taking away the discount), but all they're really doing is killing a fly. Anda wise man once said "Never use an axe to kill a fly". Or maybe something like Coyote Ugly, could it be that they're drunk with frustration andare making a decision they'll regret later? Who knows?

I also think that a few things will be accomplished by this:

1. the product will not instantly sell out, doesn't really matter, but it's logical.

2. Returns online and in-store will increase.

3. LP incidents, like store credits, fraudulent returns/exchanges will also increase, not only in Nike stores but Foot Lockers, Champs, etc.

It's kind of circular, like lots of other things in life. Limited product is released, demand skyrockets, prices go up on the aftermarket and reach acertain range (usually above retail). More limited product is released, aftermarket prices from similar product determine the estimated resale value, thenmany, many people decide if it's worth their time or effort to make that amount of profit.

It's laughable how Nike can operate stuff like the HoH and release things like the Titanium XX3's, then expect that those limited goods won't besold again for a significantly greater amount, lots of times by employees. I think we're all aware that's the heart of reselling, what they are trying to do is incapacitate a pinky finger.

Back
Top Bottom