To sell or to keep...Collecting since 1991

Its cool to see so many sneakerheads out there similar to myself. Like you, I am less and less involved in the shoe game as the years go by. Like many of the fellas have said before me, it doesnt matter how old you are. A love for something is personal. Something only the people with the same love can appreciate. At one point, i had my family, friends and even girlfriend (now my fiance) telling me how ridiculous it was for me to be buying shoes like I was. I was up to 100 pair a few years ago. Now im 26 and getting married next year. Now my fiance cant wait for me to rock Jordans at our wedding. So im in a similar situation...but all BS aside...its up to you. Ive been downsizing and I plan to keep downsizing but I will always keep some pairs and if I see a release I fall for....I will buy them. Even if Im a senior citizen LOL. You will always remember the feelings you had when you held those kicks in your hand....whether you still have them or not.

Sorry for the novel. Good luck to you!

i can relate to you. i am also 30 and had to sell a few pairs to have cash for bills. keep what you want. some of the old shoes are very hard to find nowadays anyway. im about done w jordans...last pairs i will most likely get are the re retros of the cement black 3 and white black 11

i can relate to you. i am also 30 and had to sell a few pairs to have cash for bills. keep what you want. some of the old shoes are very hard to find nowadays anyway. im about done w jordans...last pairs i will most likely get are the re retros of the cement black 3 and white black 11

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I'm down to the point where I'm only interested in OG colorways 1 through 13. Nothing else.

All though my XX3's have a special place in my heart...lol... Every colorway..

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I'm down to the point where I'm only interested in OG colorways 1 through 13. Nothing else.

All though my XX3's have a special place in my heart...lol... Every colorway..

i was contemplating selling my collection recently and i'm glad i found this thread.  although i don't wear them that often (i'm at about 130) when i do i still get that feeling.  Walking in the mall or where ever and catching some young kid looking down like "dang, he has those!" Its that unsaid respect from a fellow younger sneakerhead.  And each shoe does take me back.  I've decided to keep them and although i don't cop a lot of j's now ( i'm trying to find something new, working on a solid Lunar collection, make fun if you want), its always nice to break out a pair from back in the day and get some love from a fellow sneakerhead.  Thanks for the trip down memory lane older nters.

i was contemplating selling my collection recently and i'm glad i found this thread.  although i don't wear them that often (i'm at about 130) when i do i still get that feeling.  Walking in the mall or where ever and catching some young kid looking down like "dang, he has those!" Its that unsaid respect from a fellow younger sneakerhead.  And each shoe does take me back.  I've decided to keep them and although i don't cop a lot of j's now ( i'm trying to find something new, working on a solid Lunar collection, make fun if you want), its always nice to break out a pair from back in the day and get some love from a fellow sneakerhead.  Thanks for the trip down memory lane older nters.

if you really want to stay away from buying more shoes STAY OUT OF THE BUY/SELL FORUM... sometimes you come across deals you just can't pass up
frown.gif

if you really want to stay away from buying more shoes STAY OUT OF THE BUY/SELL FORUM... sometimes you come across deals you just can't pass up
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ryan970

i would not because they might be worth more money in the future.

sounds like your in it for the wrong reasons.

i look at my collection on a weekly basis and sometimes can't get myself to ever sell a pair that i own, most the og's i own hold their story and priceless value.

.at 500+ plus shoes i honestly can't see myself stopping, slowing down yes but stopping completely no.

i look at my collection on a weekly basis and sometimes can't get myself to ever sell a pair that i own, most the og's i own hold their story and priceless value.

.at 500+ plus shoes i honestly can't see myself stopping, slowing down yes but stopping completely no.

Originally Posted by solejordan

Collection thread please? :tongue:

Originally Posted by solejordan

Collection thread please? :tongue:

Yeah for sure man, once a sneakerhead always a sneakerhead! But if you have to downsize the collection (to take care of the really important things in life) only get rid of doubles and ones you can see yourself without

Yeah for sure man, once a sneakerhead always a sneakerhead! But if you have to downsize the collection (to take care of the really important things in life) only get rid of doubles and ones you can see yourself without

I would never sell any1 of my 11s......EVER!!!!! i say keep the loved ones and cash in on the so so's

I would never sell any1 of my 11s......EVER!!!!! i say keep the loved ones and cash in on the so so's

Back
Top Bottom