Used to Be Fat

Hank-The "formula" for losing a lot of fat is fairly easy, but consistency can be challenging.

-Stop eating fast food
-Start buying fruits, vegetables, good meat (tuna, chicken breast), whole grain/whole wheat bread
-Stop eating (or minimize) processed food: High fructose crap, TV dinners, Rice a Roni type things--if you can't pronounce the ingredient...don't get it
-Eat 5 times a day
-Find out how many calories you should be eating everyday, count calories
-Drink a gallon of water every day
-Do 45 minutes of Jogging everyday (or HIIT, google)
-Join a gym/YMCA, consult the getting in shape thread for exercises
-Free weights>Machines

Like I said, stay consistent.Maybe get a calendar. Empty your pantry, start out fresh. You can EASILY lose the majority of your weight through proper diet.

I wouldnt say i was fat in high school, because i use to play a lot of sports football (soccer), basketball, play out, did a lot of running etc, but i was certainly 'bigger'. I guess it was down to a poor, kiddish diet! Anyway now that i started uni and im stressed all the time, play a lot of football, go gym and have to cook for myself (fail!) lol ive lost a lot of weight, at my heaviest i think i was like 12 and a half stones think about 175 now im like 147, i still wanna lose about half a stone get to 140 tho. But im much happier now
smile.gif

im 5'7 btw and quite toned

Well done gatorad3, looking good!

in the last 5 years at my most i weighed 332 and my least 266(that was at 15% bodyfat) and ive looked pretty much the same the entire time with my clothes on.
lol. but now i wear young %*# shirts as a visual reminder to myself to stay decent. cause 2xl shakas and pro clubs can make a 300lb man look 250.
alsoi have a barrel chest and barrel abs. even when i had abs it looked like i had a slight belly and love handles even though they were muscle. lol.
the hardest part about being big alot of fat people dont get, is you kinda buy into the whole fat thing and just give up and say *#!% it, i might as well be fat and happy and then you eat all you want.

Originally Posted by swooshdude

I swear if I change my diet, i'll see better results. I already work out 5 to 6 days per week. I just haven't altered what I eat AT ALL. I'm thinking if I try it for a month, i'll see better results. It's just hard when you have a kid. Lil guy is 6 and loves the stuff thats bad for us. SMH

just try to do it with your kid, if the both of you get through it, he will be influenced by what you have done and most likely not be in the same situation as you when he's the same age. 

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Here's what I look like after a workout with the "PUMP" Flexing (i wished i looked like this 24/7). 
p00670.jpg

Here's what I looked like before...
1wzcobx84kwc53eyz91z9du.jpg

used to be 42"+ waist... now around 33.

before.. 267 at most
after.. 150 the lowest

I still got that "fat guy mentality" kind of
Im trying to get down to 140 and then "bulk up" from there.

Props, man.  That takes a lot of dedication and hard work.  How long did it take you?  You don't have all that loose, hanging skin like the people in Biggest Loser or people who get gastric bypass.  My brother is a big dude, probably between 285-295.  I need to make him workout with me and get healthy.
I've gained probably 15-20 lbs the past 2 years.  I'm up to 185 which is the heaviest weight i've been at.  Ate a lot of bad food and drank a lot last year due to stress from school.  Need to start running and lifting on the same days like I used to do.  I started to lift heavier weights.  I'm sick of being out of shape.

good job to all you guys who are trying. When I'm at the gym and see larger buddies hittin the cardio HARDER than any one else, it's good to see.

Yall should check this book out. It's a somewhat controversial method, and still very underground (as in not very well known), but the success rate is greater than any other plans out there.
51of3Xd%2B-qL.jpg

Originally Posted by heartofthacity

Hank-The "formula" for losing a lot of fat is fairly easy, but consistency can be challenging.

-Stop eating fast food
-Start buying fruits, vegetables, good meat (tuna, chicken breast), whole grain/whole wheat bread
-Stop eating (or minimize) processed food: High fructose crap, TV dinners, Rice a Roni type things--if you can't pronounce the ingredient...don't get it
-Eat 5 times a day
-Find out how many calories you should be eating everyday, count calories
-Drink a gallon of water every day
-Do 45 minutes of Jogging everyday (or HIIT, google)
-Join a gym/YMCA, consult the getting in shape thread for exercises
-Free weights>Machines

Like I said, stay consistent.Maybe get a calendar. Empty your pantry, start out fresh. You can EASILY lose the majority of your weight through proper diet.
Thanks I appreciate your help.
-Check
-Check I take 1 a day so I don't have to eat veggies most of the time
-Weekdays I'm on point but weekends or if I go out with friends
smh.gif

-I usually eat 3 times and a snack(apple).
-Check to the max
-I've been running a lot this week I do the same route and always try to get a better time
-I'm broker than homeless person
-I go to my friend's house since he's in shape and pretty built.

Being consistant is pretty hard today I messed up.

Never made the complete journey but definitely gotten close. I'll lose a crap load of weight than as time goes by I make poor decisions again and slowly revert. But I can say everytime I lose weight I learn something new.

After H.S is when I gained my most, I'm just 20 now so I plan to take what I know from my past experience and apply it now.

Originally Posted by Hankzilla

Originally Posted by heartofthacity

Being consistant is pretty hard today I messed up.
when I lost weight, I bought a desk calendar from Walmart
I hung it on my wall, and marked off the days I ate good/worked out with a marker
it really helps 'cause its huge and you see it every day, its disappointing to see gaps
..and it helps organization in general

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

I swear if I change my diet, i'll see better results. I already work out 5 to 6 days per week. I just haven't altered what I eat AT ALL. I'm thinking if I try it for a month, i'll see better results. It's just hard when you have a kid. Lil guy is 6 and loves the stuff thats bad for us. SMH

just try to do it with your kid, if the both of you get through it, he will be influenced by what you have done and most likely not be in the same situation as you when he's the same age. 
I'm not fat by any stretch, I'm fairly toned, except for my abs. I see some definition, but its under a layer of what I think is fat. I know that part is something that is diet related and not much else. My son being a picky eater doesn't help, but I'm trying to change that now. I decided that today was my last day for soft drinks though. Had a dentist appointment, and dude told me that the soft drinks are what are killing my teeth...that and my bad dental genetics. Family history isn't that great in the dental department, so I'm cutting out my Dr. Pepper habit completely. Now to get rid of the processed foods (or most of them anyway).

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

I'm not fat by any stretch, I'm fairly toned, except for my abs. I see some definition, but its under a layer of what I think is fat. I know that part is something that is diet related and not much else. My son being a picky eater doesn't help, but I'm trying to change that now. I decided that today was my last day for soft drinks though. Had a dentist appointment, and dude told me that the soft drinks are what are killing my teeth...that and my bad dental genetics. Family history isn't that great in the dental department, so I'm cutting out my Dr. Pepper habit completely. Now to get rid of the processed foods (or most of them anyway).

Thanks for the props you guys.

All I gotta say is...
-It took about 1.5 years to get where Im at today
-Counting calories will get you farther than just eating healthy
-Don't ignore weight training in the beginning and just do cardio
-Start doing weight training in the beginning

websites I use...
-bodybuilding.com forums
-fitday.com
-freedieting.com
- niketalk's own Stay\Get back in shape thread

Yup.. used to be 215 4 years ago..

Got down to 155 my senior year in highschool

185 right now. solid.

Hard work will def pay off my bruddahs.

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Thanks for the props you guys.

All I gotta say is...
-It took about 1.5 years to get where Im at today
-Counting calories will get you farther than just eating healthy
-Don't ignore weight training in the beginning and just do cardio
-Start doing weight training in the beginning

websites I use...
-bodybuilding.com forums
-fitday.com
-freedieting.com
- niketalk's own Stay\Get back in shape thread
Dude with your transformation you should really start eating some low fat subway subs and send them your before and after pictures. I would be a spokesman for someone if I lost that type of weight. It would be a great time now that Jared is getting fat again. That must have taken lots of dedication. Congrats.

5'7''
Natural athlete since aged 5 played every sport and ran track/cross country
18 blew out my back was 140-145lbs
Was good till I was 23-24 had gained 10-15lbs in 6 years
Then Bam blew up to 185 between 24-29 incativity and lazyness
Hit the Slimfast shakes plus swimming for 3 months due to needing knee surgery
Now im 30 166-168lbs feeling great 10 weeks post surgery rehabbing my knee hard eating sensibly and feeling alive again

Will never get LAZY or FAT again after wat ive put myself through LESSON LEARNED

Peace
Scottie

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

NT weight loss contest? Somebody set up an email address to send the pics too along with directions on whether or not you want them posted, then send your afters along with stats. I'll put up 3$ Paypal into the pot for a grand prize for the winner.

Im down...

Back
Top Bottom