Were the Eggplant Foams worthy of the hype?

I love both...I always loved foamposites dating back to 2002.....but alot of people are jus startin to get on them....but its nuthin wrong wit that...u canlove a sneaker u never knew about when u first see it....

You can still find an orginal pair from 1997 and the only flaw with them is yellow soles. The shoe does not fade, or crease. It is truly worth every penny.

Love my pair....one of the best, if not the best release of '09.

Def worth the hype.

Originally Posted by airmaxes

Well worth it without a doubt

Yes sir
pimp.gif

too bad my sole is starting to yellow on my royals.. anyone know how to clear that up? but anyways.. I like the Eggplant.. but as a die heart Penny fan.. Idont care for shoes that arent Orlando colors with a Penny logo on..

I almost never cop retro colorways that weren't originally releases, but the Eggplant Foamposites are the single best Retro+ colorway executed EVER. Theonly other contender would be the Cool Grey Jordan XIs, but almost all other Retro+ colorways are outlandish, faddish or just plain weak.

Eggplants are also darker and a li'l more subtle than the Royals -- which is why I say they are the best Foamposite, period.

Yeah, I said it -- and I both own and love almost all Foam-based joints, but Eggplants > Royals, Pearls, Flightposites, Ultraposites, Duncans, LeBron IVs,etc.

^^foams, i might give you that. But carbon fiber flightposites>eggplant foams by a landslide.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

^^foams, i might give you that. But carbon fiber flightposites>eggplant foams by a landslide.

i wish i never ran thru mines. been looking for a sz 13 for the last couple years

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Unfortunately, yes. That damn shoe ruined the way folks buy foamposites now.

Drove up the prices on all pairs, even though eggplants can be had for cheaper than most others now.

500+pages, nuf said.

Brought out a rack of folks who dissed foamposites before, but run around with team posite and team penny sigs, bamma please.

Vividly recall the moon boot chants from 06'.

From baltimore dopedealers to a reseller sneakers, i never would have saw it coming.
I can tell your from the DMV. Only we use bamma. But yea, people were heavily hating on ppl from the DMV repping foamposites, now every city wantsto claim it or wear it. I just find it funny. Style is to be excuted from a different area in every city. Nothing is wrong with rocking things a certain way,but dont diss something until you tried it.

On a serious note, the eggplants are great imo and totally worth it. Prob the only purple shoes I will ever own LOL.

nothing is worthy of the hype unless theres only a limited amount made, because no matter how much there worth, the value will alwase drop, just gotta give ittime

Ricasho, you already know. I won't open that can of worms right now, but you out here so you how its been wholetime.

Originally Posted by CrAzYaBoUtJaYz

nothing is worthy of the hype unless theres only a limited amount made, because no matter how much there worth, the value will alwase drop, just gotta give it time

Blue foams still aint drop.....purple foams are only gonna go up.....

nothing is worthy of the hype unless theres only a limited amount made, because no matter how much there worth, the value will alwase drop, just gotta give it time
*scratches head*

Originally Posted by VAHustler

*scratches head*
Sounds like a hypebeast!! haha just kidding. Its hard to get kicks out here. So the general releases are much appreciated. I hate trynna chasedown some sneakers.

Originally Posted by 555fresh

Originally Posted by VAHustler

*scratches head*
Sounds like a hypebeast!! haha just kidding. Its hard to get kicks out here. So the general releases are much appreciated. I hate trynna chase down some sneakers.

I dont anyone likes chasing kicks lol. I have to look in niketalk marketplaces and ISS to get kicks that I refuse to pay the ******ed price for on flightclubor that I missed out on. Ebay is cool, but you gotta be very safe.

still searchin for a pair... i had some right in my hands, and fam sold them to somebody... RIGHT HERE ON NIKETALK... i was crushed..
frown.gif

oh well... i'ma cop them sooner or later...

Back
Top Bottom