What’s it like to work at stockX? I quit after 1 day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I been on NT since 03. Been thru the ezboard, HT and Yuku eras. Don't let the join date fool you. :lol: I posted a pic of myself on here when I was like 15 in the PYP and got roasted into oblivion. I know what NT is capable of.
if you been on NT since the HT days then you know dudes went in SUPER hard on soft dudes and even females. wayyy OD hard :lol:
we are like a family, albeit a dysfunctional one. dudes is being big brothers in here basically telling OP to wipe his face and man up. that's not roasting.

Nah, they have zero clue in terms of shoes. There’s a profitable middle ground company in there somewhere. Or just have AI do the shoes, you’d be set.
The “Authentication” process is a joke as said but a dude who’s actually Worked there. At least with eBay you CAN get ALL your money back ALL the time. Send me some bull **** and I’ll make it so I get my money back AND donating the shoes

I’m not sure if I’m copping from Stock X again... I really thought they had a process, not just sniffing kicks.

The “Authentication” process is a joke as said but a dude who’s actually Worked there. At least with eBay you CAN get ALL your money back ALL the time. Send me some bull **** and I’ll make it so I get my money back AND donating the shoes

If AI could do it from photos of the shoes, you’re in the game and overhead would be super low.

If AI could do it from photos of the shoes, you’re in the game and overhead would be super low.
Very true but that’s not a thing right now and imo won’t be. Remember when dates and barcodes were the end all be all for seeing things were legit? Those were copied too.

I’m saying all this but I’m looking from the outside in. I’m not into anything that would require me to use stockX

Don't be a CO fam. If you couldn't handle that warehouse life how you gonna handle being surrounded by rapists and murderers for 12 hours day in and day out. Thats not a backup plan, thats a career choice that you can't handle.

I’m not sure if I’m copping from Stock X again... I really thought they had a process, not just sniffing kicks.

Yeah I have a Whole list on there saved of kicks I plan on Getting this spring. Kind of nervous now , but GOAT seems like the only other option .

Very true but that’s not a thing right now and imo won’t be. Remember when dates and barcodes were the end all be all for seeing things were legit? Those were copied too.

I’m saying all this but I’m looking from the outside in. I’m not into anything that would require me to use stockX

I think this venture would be VERY easy to do. Not sure how familiar you are with AI?

I don’t know what gave you guys the impression that this is an easy job. Like I’m just sitting in an office chair, sniffing shoes all day. I was on my feet for 11 hours, with minimal movement. My back was locking up. Everybody had a look of anguish on their faces.

Some people are built differently than others. I just couldn’t wake up the next day and do it all over again.

I appreciate the people who offered some valuable/constructive insight and advice. Sadly, this thread has devolved into 16 pages of internet bullying. You guys are the ones that need to take a long look in the mirror. Not me.

I don’t know what gave you guys the impression that this is an easy job. Like I’m just sitting in an office chair, sniffing shoes all day. I was on my feet for 11 hours, with minimal movement. My back was locking up. Everybody had a look of anguish on their faces.

Some people are built differently than others. I just couldn’t wake up the next day and do it all over again.

I appreciate the people who offered some valuable/constructive insight and advice. Sadly, this thread has devolved into 16 pages of internet bullying. You guys are the ones that need to take a long look in the mirror. Not me.
Nah you Wylin
Some dudes is going over the top but that’s nt, it be like that on here. If you can’t handle it then don’t partake.

Bro - This thread still isn’t really that far gone.
You still have a chance to look rather respectable even in 6 years when @dcallamerican decides to bump this thread.

Don’t dig your own grave with these accusations of “internet bullying”.

30 being too late to retain yourself in school? When I was in business grad school I had classmates in their mid 40s doing career changes. It’s never too late so don’t fall into that mindset. Hell, I just turned 29 when I finished my grad degree and I was doing a career switch myself. It’s not too late, especially if you’re trying to protect yourself against jobs which will be automated and want to futureproof yourself.
Exactly. Dude acting like the average life expectancy is 40 :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom