What are your true feelings about the Jordan Brand?

I agree, but i'll spare the rants as there are a million and one daily by others as well..

I have been wearing Jordans since I was a kid as well, I didn't "collect", I wore and tore them up, but APPRECIATED them... I also wore all of the others as well (Chris Webbers, Dennis Rodmans, Pippens, Pennys etc etc) and well, I for one think it makes us enthusiasts appreciate the OG's and first retros that much more.. That's all i'm after now a day's, new releases do nothing for me, because it just ends up with high hopes that are shattered, it is what it is, and it will not change!

ill keep it short and simple...im iffy on the way the JB is going with all dese frankenstien creations...but by them bring back some OG's...it makes me wounder if 2011 will be a big year for them or not

ill keep it short and simple...im iffy on the way the JB is going with all dese frankenstien creations...but by them bring back some OG's...it makes me wounder if 2011 will be a big year for them or not

It's funny, I once posted a topic a few years ago that I was done collecting Jordans, and someone locked my post saying I was exploiting this website.  LOL.  I didn't know it was a sin or something.  Everybody talks about retiring from the game, but for some reason mine got locked.  But back to OP and what he had to say.   I used to think and say that everyone has a different taste and that JB can come up with anything they want, it's just up to the consumers what they want to buy.  But after seeing all those urban or lifestyle colors on Jordan shoes, and all those baggy apparels, My God, I never imagined that it would come down to that. 
Another thing is the .5 Carmelo shoes.  Michael Jordan created this phenomenon and movement with sneakers, he made history with those Air Jordan, then all of a sudden they talk about a halfway point between MJ and Carmelo, thus the creation of the .5 Carmelo series.  It just killed the status symbol MJ created.  As good as Carmelo is, nobody comes even close to MJ.  JB should have just started with something different for Carmelo.   Plus even almost all the Jordans shoes today incorporates patterns and designs from the Air Jordans past, nothing new, no modern ideas, no modern technologies.

I probably have 10 pairs of Jordans left from my collection out of 80+.   I actually switched to low-cut Nike Shox and Nike Air Max runners.  I'm in my mid 30s and my knees are bad.   Jordans just feel bulky and heavy, even the Jordan Trunners don't help.  Nike Shox and Air Max just feel lighter.  I just wish that someday JB would add Nike Shox technologies to their shoes or something similar.  Then I would go back to buying  Jordans.

One thing great that I noticed lately that  JB did was actually returning to their roots in terms of apparels.  Go to any Finishline, Champs, Footlocker, or Footaction, even any Nike outlet, you will not find a baggy clothing specially the shirts.  No more T-shirts and polo shirts with sleeves going down 2 or 3 inches below your elbow, and the bottom of the shirt a few inches above the knees.  People say "then buy a smaller size".  LOL. It has nothing to do with the size, it's just the way they were designed.  I'm glad JB went back to regular-fit, I was actually stunned walking in at Nike Vacaville and found  several regular-fit Jordan polo shirts with simple color and stripe designs, like the good old days, early 90s.  I didn't care about the $40 price tag, but I bought a few anyways.

It's funny, I once posted a topic a few years ago that I was done collecting Jordans, and someone locked my post saying I was exploiting this website.  LOL.  I didn't know it was a sin or something.  Everybody talks about retiring from the game, but for some reason mine got locked.  But back to OP and what he had to say.   I used to think and say that everyone has a different taste and that JB can come up with anything they want, it's just up to the consumers what they want to buy.  But after seeing all those urban or lifestyle colors on Jordan shoes, and all those baggy apparels, My God, I never imagined that it would come down to that. 
Another thing is the .5 Carmelo shoes.  Michael Jordan created this phenomenon and movement with sneakers, he made history with those Air Jordan, then all of a sudden they talk about a halfway point between MJ and Carmelo, thus the creation of the .5 Carmelo series.  It just killed the status symbol MJ created.  As good as Carmelo is, nobody comes even close to MJ.  JB should have just started with something different for Carmelo.   Plus even almost all the Jordans shoes today incorporates patterns and designs from the Air Jordans past, nothing new, no modern ideas, no modern technologies.

I probably have 10 pairs of Jordans left from my collection out of 80+.   I actually switched to low-cut Nike Shox and Nike Air Max runners.  I'm in my mid 30s and my knees are bad.   Jordans just feel bulky and heavy, even the Jordan Trunners don't help.  Nike Shox and Air Max just feel lighter.  I just wish that someday JB would add Nike Shox technologies to their shoes or something similar.  Then I would go back to buying  Jordans.

One thing great that I noticed lately that  JB did was actually returning to their roots in terms of apparels.  Go to any Finishline, Champs, Footlocker, or Footaction, even any Nike outlet, you will not find a baggy clothing specially the shirts.  No more T-shirts and polo shirts with sleeves going down 2 or 3 inches below your elbow, and the bottom of the shirt a few inches above the knees.  People say "then buy a smaller size".  LOL. It has nothing to do with the size, it's just the way they were designed.  I'm glad JB went back to regular-fit, I was actually stunned walking in at Nike Vacaville and found  several regular-fit Jordan polo shirts with simple color and stripe designs, like the good old days, early 90s.  I didn't care about the $40 price tag, but I bought a few anyways.

....in addition, some Jordan backpacks are pretty tight too, I bought 4 backpacks along with my Jordan polo shirts.....
......Myton

....in addition, some Jordan backpacks are pretty tight too, I bought 4 backpacks along with my Jordan polo shirts.....
......Myton

Originally Posted by seanj4523

For ex, the retro 11s were 125 when they originally came out and now they are 175 *%%

why do ppl keep complaining about the price hike??? EVERYTHING was cheaper 10-15 yrs ago than it is today...it's called the cost of living....

Originally Posted by seanj4523

For ex, the retro 11s were 125 when they originally came out and now they are 175 *%%

why do ppl keep complaining about the price hike??? EVERYTHING was cheaper 10-15 yrs ago than it is today...it's called the cost of living....

Shoes is shoes, why complain about it? If you dont like the quality then dont buy it, simple as that, everybody with a brain know quality has decreased and some of these crazy colorways are ridiculous too. But I still buy Jordan's because I am a Jordan collector. Im not a hype beast who buy shoes just cuz the next man does or doesnt buy shoes because someone else doesnt. Bottom Line, everybody has there own opinions.... Like you said, its people's hard earned money and if they want to buy a shoe then they deserve too. No matter if we think its %%@# or not.

Shoes is shoes, why complain about it? If you dont like the quality then dont buy it, simple as that, everybody with a brain know quality has decreased and some of these crazy colorways are ridiculous too. But I still buy Jordan's because I am a Jordan collector. Im not a hype beast who buy shoes just cuz the next man does or doesnt buy shoes because someone else doesnt. Bottom Line, everybody has there own opinions.... Like you said, its people's hard earned money and if they want to buy a shoe then they deserve too. No matter if we think its %%@# or not.

I just buy what I like. JB has saved me a lot of money the past couple of years. I'm turned off by the gimmicks they use.

I just buy what I like. JB has saved me a lot of money the past couple of years. I'm turned off by the gimmicks they use.

I feel where you comin from OP but you need to start a petition son ppl on NT petition on everything else that's the only way your voice gonna be heard get enough ppl 2 sign it & send it to JB.....

I feel where you comin from OP but you need to start a petition son ppl on NT petition on everything else that's the only way your voice gonna be heard get enough ppl 2 sign it & send it to JB.....

seanj4523 wrote:

Like I said time and time again if you gon stick a 175 price tag on some shoes that were cheaper in the past, atleast give me a more durable and higher quality shoe. Im pretty sure you would want to pay 175 for the cool grey retro 11s and then the leather rips up on you are the paint comes off after 1 or 2 wears. Then you buy 2 to 3 pairs of them and the same result you just wasted a good amount of money when you can spend your money on the older ones and they will last a lifetime. Which would you choose?

seanj4523 wrote:

Like I said time and time again if you gon stick a 175 price tag on some shoes that were cheaper in the past, atleast give me a more durable and higher quality shoe. Im pretty sure you would want to pay 175 for the cool grey retro 11s and then the leather rips up on you are the paint comes off after 1 or 2 wears. Then you buy 2 to 3 pairs of them and the same result you just wasted a good amount of money when you can spend your money on the older ones and they will last a lifetime. Which would you choose?

i hardly ever come on this forum anymore, because i have moved away from JB. people keep on expecting new things from a guy that's not even playing anymore. the new technology and originality is going to be with nike's current players...Kobe, Lebron, KD, etc. when people buy retros, they're buying into memories not performance.

people do have a right to complain about the price, because whenever JB used to retro a shoe they used to retro the price right along with it. i never get retros on release day anymore and if they sell out it's not a big deal. i'll just do without. i haven't bought any jordan's in over two years now, because the interesting ones always sell out on release day and the others really don't interest me.

i hardly ever come on this forum anymore, because i have moved away from JB. people keep on expecting new things from a guy that's not even playing anymore. the new technology and originality is going to be with nike's current players...Kobe, Lebron, KD, etc. when people buy retros, they're buying into memories not performance.

people do have a right to complain about the price, because whenever JB used to retro a shoe they used to retro the price right along with it. i never get retros on release day anymore and if they sell out it's not a big deal. i'll just do without. i haven't bought any jordan's in over two years now, because the interesting ones always sell out on release day and the others really don't interest me.

They're just like any other shoe co., they want your business. Not everyone will pay $175 for a retro or $150 for a fusion I won't. So that's why they make lower priced shoes, to appeal to everyone. I don't get hung up on keeping up with the Jones'. I'm 34 and I buy to what appeals to me. I've had my time with most "standard" numbered releases, but some didn't appeal to me, like the XX2 or the 2k9. But i still love my grey/blk team shoguns, my blk/red olympias, and my navy/wht 3 percents. All non traditional j's. I like some of the new colorways of some retros, not all. What if the blk/wht 6's were an original colorway instead of the carmines? Would people still be impartial to 'em? JB's not forcing anyone to purchase their sneakers. Wear what appeals to you and not the person next to you.

They're just like any other shoe co., they want your business. Not everyone will pay $175 for a retro or $150 for a fusion I won't. So that's why they make lower priced shoes, to appeal to everyone. I don't get hung up on keeping up with the Jones'. I'm 34 and I buy to what appeals to me. I've had my time with most "standard" numbered releases, but some didn't appeal to me, like the XX2 or the 2k9. But i still love my grey/blk team shoguns, my blk/red olympias, and my navy/wht 3 percents. All non traditional j's. I like some of the new colorways of some retros, not all. What if the blk/wht 6's were an original colorway instead of the carmines? Would people still be impartial to 'em? JB's not forcing anyone to purchase their sneakers. Wear what appeals to you and not the person next to you.

Back
Top Bottom