What are your true feelings about the Jordan Brand?

I am getting sick and tired of all the crap that JB is putting out. I was an avid Jordan collector since 93 and been collecting Jays all my life, but officially sold all of my Jordans and got out the game. Everyone has been complaining about the quality issues on all of these recent retro’s and I really don’t blame anyone for complaining. A lot of the Jordan products that Nike puts out are lesser of quality than the originals that came out before. I am just getting very sick and tired of the mall campouts, getting almost killed over these shoes spending more money on lesser quality Jays these days. For ex, the retro 11s were 125 when they originally came out and now they are 175 *%% and quality is BS. These are the reasons why people start to cop fakes and then when they do, they get talked about but why no camping out, no lines, no getting shot over a shoe that everybody in your neighborhood gonna have after the release date including your grandma. I know I am going to make enemies for posting this but I don’t care. People work too hard for their money to pay more for a Jordan shoe that was cheaper back in the day with less quality. Jordan Brand needs to be put in their place and start delivering better products to their consumers and start catering more to their customers than their own pockets and Jordan fans need to realize is all of this camping out and putting your life at risk over a shoe really worth it in the end. At first, I thought it was but now, I can care less about getting Jays. Jordan Brand used to have me on the edge of my seat ready to camp out for their kicks in a heartbeat and now they just have me wondering which classic will be tarnished. So this is all I have to say NT,how do yall feel about this?

I am getting sick and tired of all the crap that JB is putting out. I was an avid Jordan collector since 93 and been collecting Jays all my life, but officially sold all of my Jordans and got out the game. Everyone has been complaining about the quality issues on all of these recent retro’s and I really don’t blame anyone for complaining. A lot of the Jordan products that Nike puts out are lesser of quality than the originals that came out before. I am just getting very sick and tired of the mall campouts, getting almost killed over these shoes spending more money on lesser quality Jays these days. For ex, the retro 11s were 125 when they originally came out and now they are 175 *%% and quality is BS. These are the reasons why people start to cop fakes and then when they do, they get talked about but why no camping out, no lines, no getting shot over a shoe that everybody in your neighborhood gonna have after the release date including your grandma. I know I am going to make enemies for posting this but I don’t care. People work too hard for their money to pay more for a Jordan shoe that was cheaper back in the day with less quality. Jordan Brand needs to be put in their place and start delivering better products to their consumers and start catering more to their customers than their own pockets and Jordan fans need to realize is all of this camping out and putting your life at risk over a shoe really worth it in the end. At first, I thought it was but now, I can care less about getting Jays. Jordan Brand used to have me on the edge of my seat ready to camp out for their kicks in a heartbeat and now they just have me wondering which classic will be tarnished. So this is all I have to say NT,how do yall feel about this?

i agree less quality products and they have increased the price, but it also has to do with inflation of the us dollar 50 bucks worth imo thats a little to high. then the whole primo bin thing that they did with superior quality products basically saying hey we know you guys get crap so here is the good stuff putting a 175 price tag on it and a guy waiting in line just to have his strap broken on is 9's shm. Also jb has lost its originality they continue to make fusions and other hybrids and people bite not all but some. i cannot sell my entire collection because i have to much pride to quit but little by little i get less and less every year if it was not for the charcoal 9's cool grey 11's and the french blue 13's because i sold my pair this year i would not have anything worth my time or money imo. all and all i agree with you 100% still wont sell all my shoes but its not worth it anymore i see parents in line with me when there kids are at home sleeping. not for nothing but if you dont have the money yourself get your as$ in line and wait for it yourself do not send your rents to cop for you thats lame

i agree less quality products and they have increased the price, but it also has to do with inflation of the us dollar 50 bucks worth imo thats a little to high. then the whole primo bin thing that they did with superior quality products basically saying hey we know you guys get crap so here is the good stuff putting a 175 price tag on it and a guy waiting in line just to have his strap broken on is 9's shm. Also jb has lost its originality they continue to make fusions and other hybrids and people bite not all but some. i cannot sell my entire collection because i have to much pride to quit but little by little i get less and less every year if it was not for the charcoal 9's cool grey 11's and the french blue 13's because i sold my pair this year i would not have anything worth my time or money imo. all and all i agree with you 100% still wont sell all my shoes but its not worth it anymore i see parents in line with me when there kids are at home sleeping. not for nothing but if you dont have the money yourself get your as$ in line and wait for it yourself do not send your rents to cop for you thats lame

Only negative feelings at the moment. I understand that everything needs to evolve, but please, do it in the right direction! if they decide to create a new shoe , please show some creativity and put some damn work behind it! all those hybrids/fusions are just a straight up trash! it just shows the greediness of the company. Not just that , the retro's are just gettin worse..imo , if you decide to make a retro , please give the fans a shoe thats nearly identical to the OG or else there's no point? if somebody tells me , theyre goin to retro the jordan V black/metallic ..then of course i expect the black/metallic V, not a shoe that's just quite similar to the OG?? i think JB's loosin a lot of fans thanks to their drastic changes in the retro line. Me myself .. when i buy J's nowadays (which isnt often) i stick to the old retro line from early 00's..i maybe have to pay a lil bit more, sometimes a lot more, but its definetily worth it ! quality and design are superior compared to the ones we see today. Qualitywise? i dont even goin to bring that up , everybody knows how bad it is , some ppl just tend to deny it.

Only negative feelings at the moment. I understand that everything needs to evolve, but please, do it in the right direction! if they decide to create a new shoe , please show some creativity and put some damn work behind it! all those hybrids/fusions are just a straight up trash! it just shows the greediness of the company. Not just that , the retro's are just gettin worse..imo , if you decide to make a retro , please give the fans a shoe thats nearly identical to the OG or else there's no point? if somebody tells me , theyre goin to retro the jordan V black/metallic ..then of course i expect the black/metallic V, not a shoe that's just quite similar to the OG?? i think JB's loosin a lot of fans thanks to their drastic changes in the retro line. Me myself .. when i buy J's nowadays (which isnt often) i stick to the old retro line from early 00's..i maybe have to pay a lil bit more, sometimes a lot more, but its definetily worth it ! quality and design are superior compared to the ones we see today. Qualitywise? i dont even goin to bring that up , everybody knows how bad it is , some ppl just tend to deny it.

Another JB rant, bet these people all have bought one of the new releases in the past year (space jams, infra's, etc.). SMH, lock it up

Another JB rant, bet these people all have bought one of the new releases in the past year (space jams, infra's, etc.). SMH, lock it up

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

No , i havent , anything else?

No , i havent , anything else?

thank you. First flaw in this thread was the OP saying he "quit the game completly". Makeing a rant on Niketalk is not quitting. Way I see it there are a couple options. Walk away from the shoe game (or just jordans). But if ur out ur out. Make ur own shoes since we love to @#+!* about how unoriginal all the new %*%! is. Or buy what u like, not what u don't. Def still comment on something if u don't like em, but drop the tired "not exact retros", "they didn't cost that much back in the day" (neither did a movie ticket but I bet u still go to the movies, and there and more !!+$+! movies then there are !!+$+! jordans. I bet u were boycotting seeing clash of the titans cause it didn't use claymation anymore"Don't get me wrong, if u have something to complain about Jordan kicks, this is a good place to voice it. Just crying about stuff that is not possible to change is dumb. Voice reasonable complaints, like the strap dude posted on his primo 9's.

thank you. First flaw in this thread was the OP saying he "quit the game completly". Makeing a rant on Niketalk is not quitting. Way I see it there are a couple options. Walk away from the shoe game (or just jordans). But if ur out ur out. Make ur own shoes since we love to @#+!* about how unoriginal all the new %*%! is. Or buy what u like, not what u don't. Def still comment on something if u don't like em, but drop the tired "not exact retros", "they didn't cost that much back in the day" (neither did a movie ticket but I bet u still go to the movies, and there and more !!+$+! movies then there are !!+$+! jordans. I bet u were boycotting seeing clash of the titans cause it didn't use claymation anymore"Don't get me wrong, if u have something to complain about Jordan kicks, this is a good place to voice it. Just crying about stuff that is not possible to change is dumb. Voice reasonable complaints, like the strap dude posted on his primo 9's.

im goin to continue to complain and complain and complain until i see some changes , "you dont like it?" "leave the forum or get used to it"

im goin to continue to complain and complain and complain until i see some changes , "you dont like it?" "leave the forum or get used to it"

Originally Posted by Rob1ne

whos really listening to you though?
are u writing letters to JB? are u calling customer care lines? are u emailing nike?
or just complaining on a website that can change nothing?

are u writing letters to JB? are u calling customer care lines? are u emailing nike?

I agree 100%. but I disagree on making a thread on here. I understand that you want peoples opinion on how they feel. There will always be people buying their shoes, regardless of quality. The average consumer only sees one thing: The Jumpman. The only way I see change is by showing proof. Posting pics/vids on NT doesn't necessarily mean JB will see it. I bet if someone out there compiled comparisons of past retros to current retros, showing quality and the differences and kept submitting it to JB, they'll end up listening. It might work if enough people are consistent and persistent. That's the only way I see change since their sales are probably not declining as much. So why would they change? They're turning bigger profit using cheaper quality. At the end of the day, it's about making money, just like every other for profit company in the world.

If people actually boycotted JB (which I doubt will ever happen) that'll definitely open their eyes. I just say, stick to older retros if you don't like the newer ones. It's that simple. Like rob1ne said about copping older retros and paying more is definitely worth it. Start the hunt now cuz they're only becoming un-wearable every year that passes.

I agree 100%. but I disagree on making a thread on here. I understand that you want peoples opinion on how they feel. There will always be people buying their shoes, regardless of quality. The average consumer only sees one thing: The Jumpman. The only way I see change is by showing proof. Posting pics/vids on NT doesn't necessarily mean JB will see it. I bet if someone out there compiled comparisons of past retros to current retros, showing quality and the differences and kept submitting it to JB, they'll end up listening. It might work if enough people are consistent and persistent. That's the only way I see change since their sales are probably not declining as much. So why would they change? They're turning bigger profit using cheaper quality. At the end of the day, it's about making money, just like every other for profit company in the world.

If people actually boycotted JB (which I doubt will ever happen) that'll definitely open their eyes. I just say, stick to older retros if you don't like the newer ones. It's that simple. Like rob1ne said about copping older retros and paying more is definitely worth it. Start the hunt now cuz they're only becoming un-wearable every year that passes.

Originally Posted by chump916

yes , i even write mike himself sometime , but he always return answers like , "na there are to many hypebeasts we gotta feed , sorry" .. but i'll keep strivin thou!

thanks for your thought!

Originally Posted by chump916

yes , i even write mike himself sometime , but he always return answers like , "na there are to many hypebeasts we gotta feed , sorry" .. but i'll keep strivin thou!

thanks for your thought!

as any real sneakerhead knows, there are a ton of brands out there, so you always have a choice. if you don't like what JB is selling, don't buy it, it's that simple. Just because you don't like what they have to offer now, it doesn't mean that they won't have something amazing in the future. You're not old enough to complain about how JB's fallen off their game, so don't come with it. when JB first started up, they were putting out some quality stuff, but folks were too busy expecting everything to look like the XI, so everyone slept on it and complained. The funny thing is that looking back on all their team shoes and foray into dress shoes, that !@** was hot...but hindsight is 20/20. Buy what you like, regardless of what brand it is, and appreciate kicks for their design, not because pharrell rocks them...otherwise you're not a sneakerhead, you're a poser.

as any real sneakerhead knows, there are a ton of brands out there, so you always have a choice. if you don't like what JB is selling, don't buy it, it's that simple. Just because you don't like what they have to offer now, it doesn't mean that they won't have something amazing in the future. You're not old enough to complain about how JB's fallen off their game, so don't come with it. when JB first started up, they were putting out some quality stuff, but folks were too busy expecting everything to look like the XI, so everyone slept on it and complained. The funny thing is that looking back on all their team shoes and foray into dress shoes, that !@** was hot...but hindsight is 20/20. Buy what you like, regardless of what brand it is, and appreciate kicks for their design, not because pharrell rocks them...otherwise you're not a sneakerhead, you're a poser.

Btw, you've been collecting since '93, huh? And you're 24 now...meaning you were collecting since you were...7. SEVEN. Are you serious?

Of course you're not.

Btw, you've been collecting since '93, huh? And you're 24 now...meaning you were collecting since you were...7. SEVEN. Are you serious?

Of course you're not.

Back
Top Bottom