What do you use your tablet or iPad for?

the nomad

Banned
Young professional, college student, high school student, 13-18, 18-24, or 25+ do you own a tablet or iPad? What demographic do you fall into and what do you use your tablet for?

18-24.

since getting a MBA not much, mainly as a journal at the gym and reading textbooks.

Good app for people in the science/research field - Papers.

18-24...Used to take notes since it's more mobile than a laptop, but typing took a lot longer. It did help me review class notes in powerpoints and word documents while I'm laying down in bed at night. Tablet's used for web browsing and music now.

Last edited:
Don't see the need for it, Been offered an iPad basically for free twice (first time the iPad 2 and recently the iPad 3) and I didn't want it. :tongue:

Last edited:
iPad here

In order of usage:

Reading (mags, blogs, newspapers, books, RSS reader, etc.)

Browsing the web (Safari)

Video (HBO, Showtime,Netflix, PBS, etc.)

Music/Podcasts 

Notes (I just use the standard app)

Games (Temple Run, Flow, etc.)

Strictly recreational for me. 

The only thing I can see an iPad actually being useful for is watching HD movies on the go. Other than that, I feel it's pointless.

Nothing. Tablets and iPads are pointless if you have a smartphone. That's why I got rid of my Galaxy Tab.

iPad here

In order of usage:

Music/Podcasts 

Pretty much my usage tendencies, too.

I also use it a lot when laying in the bed--much easier to maneuver than the laptop. Same with the crapper.

I've thought about selling it, but then I realize how much I use it. The MBP rarely gets used unless its for downloading something.

I dont have one but I would just use it for recreational purposes and as a luxury
I would rather use the money and invest in a good laptop

iPad here

In order of usage:

Music/Podcasts 

came in to say this

pretty sure you cant do much more with a tablet lol..

Tablets are garbage right now. My MIS teacher says otherwise though. Eventually tablets will stick, but until then I really have no use for my iPad besides Youtube.

Back
Top Bottom