What do you use your tablet or iPad for?

At first I thought the iPad would be useless, considering that I initially thought it was just an oversized iPod.

I use my iPad for a lot of things actually.

-Read the Wall Street Journal
-Twitter looks great on it
-Netflix
-Keep digital copies of textbooks. This way I don't have to carry heavy books to school.
-It's been actually a great substitute for my laptop at school.
-Internet browsing
-Light weight so I can carry it around anywhere
-Magazine such as GQ, Bloomberg and the Economist are awesome on it as well.

I feel like people's expectations are too high. All you do is surf the web watch videos.....uh yeah that's what it's for. The iPad is for material consumption not material creation.

Im posting from my iPad now. It's convenient when I go anywhere other then that I leave it on the coffee table and when people are over basically it's always in use for a "IMDB that". Or "check those lyrics" or some sort of task and we just throw it around to each other. I'm 25 btw OP.

its a luxury item. i dont need it at all, but its nice to have. this coming semester i might get that logitech ultrathin keyboard and take light notes with it since my laptop is heavy as hell. its convenient and light, but i dont think ill be writing full blown papers on it

twitter
reading
video clips/movies
i barely play games on it tbh

For all you iFappers what strap are you using? Ive been rocking with this one :pimp:

I use my kindle fire for reading on the subway and my iPad for any thing miscellaneous.

25+

movies
reading
a little photo editing
graphing data
browsing
games

can't put it down for a day.
It's pretty useful for me. :smokin

25+

Telecomm. Technician

I'm a million times more efficient with it because I input data when it's right in front of me. Less errors ---> jobs are quicker ---> I go home early --->
pimp.gif

iPad here

In order of usage:

Reading (mags, blogs, newspapers, books, RSS reader, etc.)
Browsing the web (Safari)
Video (HBO, Showtime,Netflix, PBS, etc.)
Music/Podcasts 
Notes (I just use the standard app)
Games (Temple Run, Flow, etc.)

Strictly recreational for me. 

mostly the same as above, but I also sometimes stream a lot of stuff onto my apple tv via my ipad.

btw, for those of you with ipads, download iswifter - it's a browser that allows you to view/use flash.

There's some pretty decent Android apps out there for professionals and students.

Back
Top Bottom