What is your “If They Could See Me Now” story?

calibeebee

Supporter
Sup everyone. I was listening to On My Block by Scarface and he says the line

“And my nickname was Creepy, if Black June could see me
He'd be, trippin - and I'd bet he still try to tease me”

Which makes me think about me and the people in my life. Does anybody have a “if they could see me now” person you think about to this day? An ex? A lost family member? A childhood bully? A person who doubted you?

Feel free to share. This is a judge free zone.

This is a judge free zone.
C568E5FD-A934-4CF4-A5BE-78386B977E50.jpeg

Share your story first then.

C568E5FD-A934-4CF4-A5BE-78386B977E50.jpeg

Share your story first then.

I wish my biological could see me. He didn’t want me, never acknowledged that I was his. Left my mom on her own. I never even met him. He died 5 or 6 years ago. Wish I could have looked him in the face like the grown *** man I am, and watched the soul leave his body. But yeah wish he could have seen me for no other reason than to make him feel ashamed of himself. Word to Tom Cruise in Magnolia
B8AF9337-8149-478A-A5BD-EB6EBE04B5D8.gif

I wish my biological could see me. He didn’t want me, never acknowledged that I was his. Left my mom on her own. I never even met him. He died 5 or 6 years ago. Wish I could have looked him in the face like the grown *** man I am, and watched the soul leave his body. But yeah wish he could have seen me for no other reason than to make him feel ashamed of himself. Word to Tom Cruise in Magnolia

NT is therapy

I don't really have a if they could see me now story myself but unfortunate you had to go through that big dawg, hope you find your peace.

Sup everyone. I was listening to On My Block by Scarface and he says the line

“And my nickname was Creepy, if Black June could see me
He'd be, trippin - and I'd bet he still try to tease me”

Which makes me think about me and the people in my life. Does anybody have a “if they could see me now” person you think about to this day? An ex? A lost family member? A childhood bully? A person who doubted you?

Feel free to share. This is a judge free zone.
“I said no more shines. Maybe you didn’t hear about it, you’ve been away a long time. They didn’t go up there and tell you. I don’t shine shoes anymore.”

1668116532805.jpeg

JV basketball coach who made me the last cut of the team my sophomore year. I had only played organized for 2-3 years at that point.

Didn't start getting really good until college and my best basketball came after college. Had I had more years under my belt then I know I'd have dogged most of the team.

the teacher that gave me my first and only F and tried to get me charged with truancy.

told me I wouldn't do anything with my life. now I drive nice cars, own multiple homes, and travel the world.

hope he chokes on his hungry-man XL.

Tbh at this point in life I’ve learned to not waste energy on stuff like this. Bozos from the past stay in the past. I get it though—we’ve all been there and I’m no exception.

That said, getting to the point of not viewing your life’s successes as tools of spite/revenge feels way better than doing just that. Gotta let that **** go in order to properly move forward, imo.

I was always expected to attain high academic achievement, very got to see the hard work and bumps in the road along the way. I just wanna retire and find my true calling.

Not anyone in particular but something that sticks out to me is this story. So I got pregnant pretty young and had a baby. And I remember one time I was friends with these girls from Hollister where I worked. And so one of them wrote on the others page like omg did you hear that girl we worked with is pregnant like how cringey being a teen mom. And then when Formspring was a thing. I had someone asks me if I thought it was trashy having a baby so young. And it never made me feel bad but like people looked down to me. But I grew up a lot faster got my life on a path and now at 32 I am married, pretty decent career bought a house and have a 13 year old daughter. And no being a teen mom wasn’t ideal but I have busted my *** my whole life to excel and provide for my daughter. And for someone who didn’t have the same opportunities as most of my peers because I was raising a human on my own I’ve done pretty well for myself.

Not anyone in particular but something that sticks out to me is this story. So I got pregnant pretty young and had a baby. And I remember one time I was friends with these girls from Hollister where I worked. And so one of them wrote on the others page like omg did you hear that girl we worked with is pregnant like how cringey being a teen mom. And then when Formspring was a thing. I had someone asks me if I thought it was trashy having a baby so young. And it never made me feel bad but like people looked down to me. But I grew up a lot faster got my life on a path and now at 32 I am married, pretty decent career bought a house and have a 13 year old daughter. And no being a teen mom wasn’t ideal but I have busted my *** my whole life to excel and provide for my daughter. And for someone who didn’t have the same opportunities as most of my peers because I was raising a human on my own I’ve done pretty well for myself.
i like this
just shows that most people are trash, ur dotter lucky :smokin

About twenty-one or so years ago I had a doctor sit me down and tell me my chronic illness was going to get the best of me within ten years. I just nodded, said thanks and walked out. Several second opinions later and two decades later, I’m still kicking (albeit, gingerly little tippity tappity kicks). I’d like to see that doctor now and explain how reckless it is to tell somebody something like that when they’re young-ish.

Not a “bad” story but, my uncle passed in 2011 of a heart attack. Dude was legit my BEST friend. Moms brother. We were only 10 years apart so we had big brother, little brother bond.

This dude was/is the Superman of the family. He could do anything. He could beat a video game in a week, cut hair, dance, DJ, etc. Unc had ten kids (yes, 10) so he was always a ladies man and always gave me game.

It’s just not the same without him around. He was that pivotal to not only me, but the family. If he were a live today, I could see him being a streamer, or a barber making tons of bread. He was the coolest dude I’ve ever met in my life. It was legit like growing up and Michael Jackson or Michael is your relative or better yet, parent. Ironically, his name was Michael. Uncle Mike :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Imagine growing up with someone who’s larger than life, and they’re in arms reach everyday. Him and I probably would’ve had a car modification business as well. Both of us, back to back riding candy paint and 20 inch rims in a classic Buick, Chevy or Oldsmobile.

Man, I had the coolest uncle EVER! I just wish he were here to see how technologically advanced we’ve become as a society and reap the benefits! He was always the wiz kid of the family. RIP Unc!

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Funny story, after school I use to sneak into his room and rummage through all his belongings. I found his card collection and I went straight DUMB! I use to steal like 2-3 cards per week for a couple months straight. But, I use to try and arrange his binder in a way that you couldn’t tell what I stole.

One day after school I’m sitting Indian style, back to the front door playing Grand Theft auto. He walks in, I’m like “what’s up Unc?” …. But I could from his demeanor that he wasn’t with the shenanigans this day. He got in my chest and basically was like “yeah, mfer, I know you’ve been stealing my cards, I’m gone f*** you up!!!” (I thought I was about to be sent to Jesus that day) :lol: :lol:lol But luckily he didn’t kick my a***.

Best jawn ever stole from him was a Willie Mays joint and 1992 Barcelona Olympics Jordan joint :lol: :pimp:

Alright, I'll play.

I also had a child early in life. Had teachers tell me to drop out and go get a job. I worked nights and weekends and finished school. Now I have 2 masters and am currently an Assistant Principal on track to be a Principal at somepoint.

some already know my story but at the lowest point in my life i was homeless and living in the park. my only goal was to smoke ice everyday. i was a street bum in dirty clothes that alienated all his friends and family.

fast forward to today and i’m married, two kids in private school, apartment is paid off, and doing not bad financially (mostly because my wife makes good money 😂). but i’ve been clean over 20 years now and i basically run the drug treatment center that got me clean. people that knew me from the street always get shocked when they come in for treatment and bump into me. lots of em already know i run the place tho.

It was 2007 and I was walking into Kroger with a baddy and he was like “Remember me (my dad)”

Like of course you idiot!

It was 2009 and I was in the HEMI!

Saw my dad and he was like “Is that you”.

I said yeah and pulled off.

He is acutely dead now may he rest in ****!

Back
Top Bottom