What shoe got you interested in sneakers?

hey NT fam ive been here for a year now and wanna say much love to all you NTers 
nthat.gif

i want to know what was THAT shoe that got you hooked or interested in the sneaker culture? We all share the love for sneakers to some extent and i wanna hear what was that shoe that made you get into sneakers. 

It doesnt matter what shoe it is even if it was something as recent as the Gamma XI jordans that came out around Christmas. It can be multiple shoes or that one single shoe that you consider to be your favorite.

The shoe that got me into the sneaker culture was the space jam XI 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i remember when these released in 2009 iwas only 13. these are easily one of my favorite jordans for as long as i can remember. MJ was one of my favorite players of all times and the shoe's history along with it being in the movie Space Jam was a big thing to me because i loved watching looney tunes as a kid. when i found out they were releasing i asked my mom over and over again if she could buy them for me but she said no and kept to her word. I was so sad that i could never get them. Ever since then i have been interested in sneakers, looking up and reading the history of certain sneakers and getting myself a job so i can buy the sneakers I wanted. I still dont have these jordans but these were  easily the reason why i got in the sneaker culture. 

what's your shoe?

Last edited:
Black/Red XI in 2001. I remember they sold out in stores but sat at Niketown.com for a few days.

My first pair was OG taxis. Loved em but didn't get me hooked like the XIs.

OG Cement Grey IV when I was like 4 years old. Srs. Some older kid a the daycare I was at had them on and I was into kicks ever since. Still my favorite J.

3rd or 4th grade it was british knights

4th or 5th everyone had them cortez :smokin

old skool i know :lol:

white cement 3's when i was in the 5th grade

my crush had them :wow: she still a dime til this day :wow:

dam i sound thirsty :rofl:

Last edited:
This is the shoe I hold close to my heart FOREVER

Bring-em-Back1.jpg

Its funny I never have looked at it as a "culture". I only hear those words on the net. For as long as I can remember, I've loved kicks. Since kindergarten, my mom put me in the freshest kicks. If they had that zoom or air bubble, I wanted them

The earliest I can really remember are the Iverson questions & the Barry Sanders zoom turfs

I feel old now, when I see kids half my age rocking the same kicks I had elementary school.

View media item 812207
My older cousin had em and i wanted them as soon as i seent em.

i teared up when they retrod a couple years ago

I remember waiting everyday, calling footlocker up, until these came out that first time. Ended up not getting them 'cuz I got into a fight that Thursday before they released :smh:

Last edited:
View media item 812212Cool Grey 11 was the first shoe I fell in love with I was in The 7th grade back in 2001 the whole Chicagoland area went crazy on march 3rd me and my uncle stood in line for hours :smh: both of are sizes was gone :frown: I got almost every pair of jordans/nikes before the cool grey 11 but that was the first shoe I was nervous about the night before.

Last edited:
View media item 812210
View media item 812214
View media item 812215
Nike AF1 Stash Hi

This is when I also found out about the Eric Hazes:

View media item 812253
I'll post more but I'm in the middle of a team deathmatch.

Long story short I was in high school worshipping Pharrell and banging Fly or Die non stop and trying to figure out how I can be more like him, when I stumbled onto these. It completely blew my mind that there were ill Nike sneakers being made that no one even knew existed and you had to go to these special stores to find and buy them.

Last edited:
View media item 812212Cool Grey 11 was the first shoe I fell in love with I was in The 7th grade back in 2001 the whole Chicagoland area went crazy on march 3rd me and my uncle stood in line for hours :smh: both of are sizes was gone :frown: I got almost every pair of jordans/nikes before the cool grey 11 but that was the first shoe I was nervous about the night before.
Missed out that Saturday too . Do you know how I felt walking in school that Monday seeing EVERYBODY with those damn shoes :smh:

Last edited:
I remember back in sixth grade, I wanted these so bad. On my birthday, went to the mall with my pops thinking I was going to get them, he saw the price tag, and told me to look for something else. Ended up getting the grey Melo M3's. Nothing was the same.

haven't even bought the retros yet 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Pro-Nike-Air-More-Uptempo-Black-White-.jpg

EDIT: I also liked Pippen a lot more than Jordan as a kid too 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom