What shoe got you interested in sneakers?

Cheap-Air-Max-87-For-Men-Gray-White-Red-Shoes-Nike_2.jpg

Been into sneakers off and on since reebok pumps...

But what got me on sites like NT were probably the hunter dunk lows.

I asked for some Fire Red 3s when I was in the 5th grade... Those were the first pair of shoes I ever really wanted and that's what started my sneaker head ways... I'm a senior in HS now. I started collecting in '06 but feel like an OG when talking to most my friends who ain't started collecting till freshman/sophomore year '10/'11 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Was always  into kicks anyway ...they were just a natural byproduct of "street culture".

But the first pair I remember really wanting badly  were the Reebok Pumps ...the first pair I bought with my own money however were the Black/Infrared VIs.

Last edited:
When I first laid eyes on a pair of Bred 4s, I knew in my heart I was going to own a pair before I died. Now I rock my pair most of the week, EFF A ROTATION!

I started collecting along time ago.... (]n Niketalk years lol) this thread has me feeling old. Shoe that got me collecting was Fire Red V's

The all white Air Force 1 mid & the True Red Air Jordan 8 ushered me into joining NT and collecting sneakers.
All started when my best friend till' this day copped the all white mids, I followed suit after seeing those beauties.

technically the air force 1, but I always credit the 2004 retro of the Black and Red 13. Dudes in school talked about nothing, but that shoe in Geometry class. Been hooked ever since

My 1st pair that i can remember getting were the cortez's in 5th grade! Thats what set it off or me..thats what made me love sneakers, although the concept of having more than one pair was new to me till 09'!

View media item 812652

Anything this guy touched was like gold to me :nthat:

View media item 812630
View media item 812618
View media item 812619
View media item 812617

View media item 594378

I had always liked shoes, but the original Nike Presto line really get me into shoes too... There were so many different colorways, each with nickname represented by a unique character. It was the kind of thing that could really bring out the OCD completest in a person :lol:. Its also interesting to think that these were marketed as a unisex shoe sold in S,M,L,etc Tee shirt sizing. I dont think anyone has done that before or since then. Looking back, I dont think people realized how ahead of its time this advertising campaign was.

View media item 812651

Honorable mentions:

View media item 812693
View media item 812691
View media item 812616
View media item 812620
View media item 812621

Last edited:
i was in line for the ps2 on release day and my friend was contemplating getting the ps2 or the concords... i knew about the concords when they originally came out and always liked them but never had money so in 2000 i actually copped my first pair on my own... i got it a week later too.. i eventually sold them to a mod since i got 3 pairs of the 2011 pair
View media item 812683

Mid top Air Force 1 and the Ginger Jordan 16. 3rd grade was crazy for me :lol: never had them but kids at school did.

Back
Top Bottom