What shoe got you interested in sneakers?

Can't remember the exact colorway but it was mostly white
reebok-classic-leather-30th-anniversary-original-1.jpg

All we could afford but I aint trippin. Thank you mom for trying your hardest to give me nice things!

Last edited:
for me it started with the Diamond Turf, first pair of swoosh for me, got these in the 5th grade.

the velcro ,the gold mesh….., played handball in these for a whole year b4 they broke
tongue.gif

I can't find a pic to do then justice but the white/black/green Air Darwin's were the first shoe that got me into sneakers. Mom's them for me for basketball and it was all she wrote after that.

But the AF1 is the first shoes I've ever spent my own money on

^^^ THIS. Those white/black/green are the exact ones I had. Those Air Max Darwin 360's are a joke. Shame on Nike for ruining a classic

Those white/black/ teal joints are INSANE. Are we going to see a proper retro of these soon. My childhood wouldn't allow me to get anything less than 2 pairs

The Flu Games. My older cousin had a pair that were a bit small for him. He gave them to me and I wore those bad boys EVERY DAY. They were my first Js so I was beyond excited. It didn't matter what fit I had on the 12s were automatic. :smokin

^^^ THIS. Those white/black/green are the exact ones I had. Those Air Max Darwin 360's are a joke. Shame on Nike for ruining a classic

I think thats freshwater maybe?
Nike messed up two rodmans so far...if they retro the one wit da zipper tho ....

Props to ole boy who posted the reebok classics lol

Last edited:
'96-'97
View media item 812848
These are one of the first that I bought with my OWN MONEY. I fell in love with those air bubbles on sight.

I did so many yards, etc for that damn shoe :lol:
I remember that Saturday when I got them. Afterwards I couldn't wait to put them on.
Said f it & wore them down the street to the corner store, walking so cool (looking at my feet in every storefront window) but trying not to get any dirt on the white parts :lol:

Man these were one of my favorites growing up. Wore them to death. As much as I love these shoes, I passed on my retro a few years ago cuz of the smaller air bubble they used..

Last edited:
I was in high school during the height of the Dunk SB craze...so probably the Purple Pigeon dunks. I don't quite recall which shoe it was.

Went absolutely crazy for these and got them for Christmas when I was in 5th grade. 

I remember this particularly because it was the first shoe I ever got that cost more than $100. 

From then, I started saving up money from allowances, presents, Chinese new year's, etc. to go towards the next pair.

There was no sneaker culture in the early 80s, but my Father had a pari of the Converse Dr. J.s. I used to watch my Dad play
rec league basketball and see him glide through the air with the Afro catching wind just like Dr. J. I used to wear them around the house
all through the week wishing that my feet were big enough to fill them.
View media item 815433
Fast forward to a trip to JC Penny's for church slacks and I saw the Nike Air Jordan I. Coolest shoes I ever laid eyes on since my Dad's Dr. J Converse.
View media item 815539

Between the Nike Air Jordan I and the Air Jordan III and IV it was a pair of Glow-in-the-Dark Keds that I would love to see retro'd.

the uptempo's and the spaghetti's (forgot who made them) were the first shoes I fell in love with visual-wise but these sealed the deal when my brother bought me these from footlocker when I was a kid. Ken Griffey was my favorite baseball player and I remember seeing him wear these on tv during warm up/stretches.

42900214.jpg

wore them to the ground, bought the retros but the leather is trash, but still the most comfortable shoe I own.

Last edited:
Shox bb4...yea I know lol

Age 10 my cuz had a pair of the white black/blue joints I wanted a pair so bad after that my pops eventually got me a pair of the white/red joints n after that it was on

Back
Top Bottom