Whats up with Asians and Karaoke?

http://www.asian-central....ike/2008/02/19/8-karaoke/

When they are not playing Counter-Strike, studying, or studying, Asians like to wind down and take off some stress with some good old fashion karaoke. Karaoke is popular in the Asian community for one reason: it's a great way to enhance the Asian flush (a term used to describe an Asian's generally low tolerance for alcohol.) In combination with cheap alcohol, cheesy pop songs, off key singing, and uncontrollable pelvic thrusts, karaoke becomes an extremely fun event for the Asian singer(s) and the surrounding listeners. The singer(s) have the opportunity to unleash their inner Rain while simultaneously busting out moves that James Brown (R.I.P.) would be jealous of.
rest is in the link

If you ever go on a trip to any Asian country for business and an asian businessman asks you to karaoke, MAKE SURE YOU PARTICIPATE or they'll take offense.You'll seal the deal

Originally Posted by polkaaspott

http://www.asian-central.com/stuffasianpeoplelike/2008/02/19/8-karaoke/http://www.asian-central....ike/2008/02/19/8-karaoke/

When they are not playing Counter-Strike, studying, or studying, Asians like to wind down and take off some stress with some good old fashion karaoke. Karaoke is popular in the Asian community for one reason: it's a great way to enhance the Asian flush (a term used to describe an Asian's generally low tolerance for alcohol.) In combination with cheap alcohol, cheesy pop songs, off key singing, and uncontrollable pelvic thrusts, karaoke becomes an extremely fun event for the Asian singer(s) and the surrounding listeners. The singer(s) have the opportunity to unleash their inner Rain while simultaneously busting out moves that James Brown (R.I.P.) would be jealous of.
rest is in the link

laugh.gif
What the hell

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

I was just realizing this when I was watching the Pacquiao/DLH 24/7 and Manny was doing karaoke I think.

Nice avy Killa
laugh.gif

i saw that too.. his wife came in while he was singing and he just stared at her like " dont interrupt my karaoke time #$#@! "

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

I was just realizing this when I was watching the Pacquiao/DLH 24/7 and Manny was doing karaoke I think.

Nice avy Killa
laugh.gif

i saw that too.. his wife came in while he was singing and he just stared at her like " dont interrupt my karaoke time #$#@! "

laugh.gif

Reminds me of that episode of chappelle's show when he married oprah
laugh.gif
... was singin the jeffersons theme song on karaoke and had like 4 asians on thecouch clappin offbeat
laugh.gif

Fam down in Virginia (Cambodian/Khmer) loves karaoke. My fam up here in Michigan get 'headaches' from karaoke.

Originally Posted by instant klassic

It doesn't matter which culture, ALL Asians love Karaoke! And it's another reason to drink too!

Amen. Karaoke is not just limited to Filipinos, stop being biased
laugh.gif
. My family is Chinese and we love Karaoke and my Vietnamese friends as well as Koreanfriends love it as well!
smokin.gif

Man ohh man .. Karaoke is tradition with Filipino family parties .. it's in our roots! They even showed pacquiao singing with his wife a few days beforethe fight on that 24/7
roll.gif

one of the reason i love the holidays, my uncle got that karaoke player with the huge discs
pimp.gif
titos/titas singing sinatra and mathis ftw
roll.gif

noticed this when i first started kickin it with my filipinos. they complete our rock band team. me(black guy) on drums, one of my friends (white dude) onguitar, and another one of my friends(filipino) on the mic.

Originally Posted by RothschildVanderbilt
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I love this video.

This is a guarantee for anyone that attends a Filipino party with Karaoke...There will be atleast two relatives, presumably Uncle's singing "New York,New York" and "My Way" by Frank Sinatra. LOL.

/No racist/

Seriously, I hate these types of question. It's like asking "Why do black people eat chicken so much?" It's a stereotype just like thisquestion.

All the holiday parties I've been to that have karaoke at them are typically flooded by the Asians.
I have an Asian friend, and her family owns a popular karaoke bar here.
Another Asian friend of mine hosted a karaoke party at one of many karaoke bars in a predominantly Chinese neighborhoods and he and all the other people whowent (Asians) would sing EVERYTHING... not always well, but they sing it.

It really is an intriguing phenomenon.

i hope to be hitting up mccormick's later next week. they have karaoke night every wednesday.

i think i will be singing george michael's last christmas...since it's the holiday season and all..

Magic Mics
pimp.gif

Seriously though, Filipinos OD on the karaoke (for the record, I am one myself).

Drunks + Karaoke = Comedy though
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom