What's up with my reps? VOL. +120 in 1 hour

i still wanna know whos been repping you..

i honestly havent seen anything good from you, thats just me though unless i havent been in those threads you post in.

some people must be rep trading or something :nerd:
i dont type anything life changing like yourself...

how would people survive without your vast knowledge of.....jerseys??

:lol: at thinking i get reps from talking about jerseys

like i said i dont carel, ill even tell meth to neg me somehow to 0 just to prove a point it means nothing. REP MEANS NOTHING! i seen 20 different dudes everyday ive never seen post and they go 500-1000 reps.

most of you dudes are NO ONE, i dont care how high your rep count is. if anyone takes offense, i really could care less.

laugh.gif
at thinking i get reps from talking about jerseys

like i said i dont carel, ill even tell meth to neg me somehow to 0 just to prove a point it means nothing. REP MEANS NOTHING! i seen 20 different dudes everyday ive never seen post and they go 500-1000 reps.

most of you dudes are NO ONE, i dont care how high your rep count is. if anyone takes offense, i really could care less.

I just normally look at join date in taking posters seriously..normally I don't even try for reps because they don't mean anythin..

Yes, this I would like to know. What exactly makes you better if you joined before me. I think it is more of how you have contributed to the NT community. 

Reps at least show that you were funny in some way, allowing our members to get a few laughs, or actually provided some interesting material or information that someone found helpful. 

But, maybe that is just me. Am I right, or am I right. 

you are wrong mr. water

some of the biggest trolls and bigots on niketalk have some of the highest rep counts.
that would explain why powerballin is at 2766

I think the rep system should be changed to only highlight the comment/reply within the thread as it does now but no longer give the poster recognition beyond that (ie # of reps under SN). That way the hopefully insightful or helpful reply is highlighted as the rep system was designed and implemented for and the number of troll posters trying to derail each and every thread on all of NT for cheap laughs and subsequent reps would diminish. Dont get me wrong NT General has always been that way to an extent, but imo its gotten far worse since the move and rep system was introduced and it now happens all across the rest of the site regardless of the topic.

It works on other Huddler hosted forums so I dont see why it wouldn't be a quick tweak that could/should/would improve NT.

Last edited:
Unique rep percentage >
Is this what Meth described in the powerballin thread about an insane amount of posts but the average not working out in regards to reps? I'd agree for new SNs but for a post ***** like me I had this name since ezboard so that whole rep thing which is brand new just doesn't work out.
Yes, this I would like to know. What exactly makes you better if you joined before me. I think it is more of how you have contributed to the NT community.

Reps at least show that you were funny in some way, allowing our members to get a few laughs, or actually provided some interesting material or information that someone found helpful.

But, maybe that is just me. Am I right, or am I right.

you are wrong mr. water

some of the biggest trolls and bigots on niketalk have some of the highest rep counts.
that would explain why powerballin is at 2766
Wait what? PB does have a grip of funny posts though even if he is a troll.

I do agree about some ppl having crazy high reps but I only be in 3 different forums on the site so they could easily be contributing elsewhere plus it aint like I'm on NT all the time. It shouldn't matter that much though. Let the quality of the posts and poster speak for itself not the # of reps.
What a douche thing to say :lol:
But at least I know I am some one. I am.  
I can confirm. I am some one.

Last edited:
Is this what Meth described in the powerballin thread about an insane amount of posts but the average not working out in regards to reps? I'd agree for new SNs but for a post ***** like me I had this name since ezboard so that whole rep thing which is brand new just doesn't work out.

No. In your profile. ''Unique reputation'' points received vs. ''Reputation received'' not total reputation points.

No. In your profile. ''Unique reputation'' points received vs. ''Reputation received'' not total reputation points.
Oh I see never gave that any thought. What exactly is the difference? Is unique the amount of different members that have repped you where overall rep is just the total amount no matter how many times the same person has repped you?

Last edited:
How was it before? The more reps someone had and they repped someone it would go up x amount?

Had everything from a rep giving me 1, to a rep giving me like 25-30.

it would be nice to know which threads got deleted, so we can make sure whatever the topic was isnt brought up again..

if a user gets banned or taken off the site, does the reputation they gave other users also get deleted?

most of the time pepperjack, when you lose reps its because a topic you got repped in got deleted..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom