Whats with females not wanting to share their husbands last name, though?

its 2009. my chick better be out working if she can, and still come home and throw down the steak.

and its no sweat If i need to help throw down a meal once in a while too. My moms taught me how to cook and look after myself and I love my food
laugh.gif

taking up the last name is a sign of respect. it's sort of giving up a piece of yourself for your man.

if your not willing to be represented as part of my family whats the point.

Originally Posted by cocolicious

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

I don't see why someone has to change their last name, what's wrong with keeping it.

smile.gif

it makes me feel as if she doesnt want to be apart of my family and why not lessen the confusion. I want my house to say "The G**** Family"..and i agree with everything Nikestarjay typed

Well then I hope you find a nice girl who takes your last name and has no problem becoming your slave.
laugh.gif

idk where you got the slave part from.

Women have to stay home cook and clean for their husband.
laugh.gif
right...

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Its a traditional thing but hey just make sure to get a Prenub if shes on that indepent stuff.

Where can I find this thing you call a "prenub" .... though?
laugh.gif

Also why is this question being phrased as "share"? You're not sharing anything, the woman's last name is being replaced and subsumed by herhusband's not brought on additionally.

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

its 2009. my chick better be out working if she can, and still come home and throw down the steak.

and its no sweat If i need to help throw down a meal once in a while too. My moms taught me how to cook and look after myself and I love my food
laugh.gif

taking up the last name is a sign of respect. it's sort of giving up a piece of yourself for your man.

so what are you giving up to her?

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

laugh.gif

so what are you giving up to her?
indifferent.gif

da ring, kids, a house, hell........da rampant fake independant diva trend these days is atrocious
smh.gif

Originally Posted by webnerd06

Originally Posted by Nyota de la star

Why do dudes always think they're the only ones paying for a house?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Team Hoodrat
eyes.gif
ol section 8 housing hoodrat... grandma raising your kid's typescumbucket.
she said house... not an asbestos filled vestibule into hell

What's the big deal with tradition? Just because something was done a certain way for many years means it has to stay that way forever?
Tradition wouldn't be a big deal if women weren't selective about when it's ok to break it.

If a woman doesn't want to take a man's last name, that's cool with me, just don't expect the following traditions
-a ring
-a wedding
-me to be faithful
-me to not slap the *%+% outta ya when you get disrespectful

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Team Hoodrat
eyes.gif
ol section 8 housing hoodrat... grandma raising your kid's type scumbucket.

whoa dog. You don't even know me to be making assumptions about where/how I live
laugh.gif

Hoodrat is a fun word to embrace.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Team Hoodrat
eyes.gif

*Looks at her sig*

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

*Quoting this under the assumption that since it's in her sig, its not an insult.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Team Hoodrat
eyes.gif

being that she was kinda replying to ninjahood, your description kinda fits.

lol, I was goin hard at the "team hoodrat" in webnerd's sig, not realizing Nyota de la star had it as well,
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

whoa dog. You don't even know me to be making assumptions about where/how I live
laugh.gif

Hoodrat is a fun word to embrace.
perfume-20061221112518810.jpg

roll.gif

Seriously though, think about. The connotations of the word are pretty laughable... which makes embracing the word pretty funny
and deliciously rebelling

I'd prefer that she uses my name, it'd be worse though if she tried to give my kid a hyphenated name (or her last name
indifferent.gif
)

Seeing as some woman don't want to take tradition and take their husbands last name there shouldn't be rings either because that is also part oftradition.

That Team Hoodrat thing is corny, though
tired.gif

yup lookin like those kids around your corner just found out what hoodrat meant lol

Originally Posted by General Johnson

What's the big deal with tradition? Just because something was done a certain way for many years means it has to stay that way forever?
Tradition wouldn't be a big deal if women weren't selective about when it's ok to break it.

If a woman doesn't want to take a man's last name, that's cool with me, just don't expect the following traditions
-a ring
-a wedding
-me to be faithful
-me to not slap the *%+% outta ya when you get disrespectful

I can buy my own ring, I don't want a wedding & as far as the other stuff that's about respect not tradition.

Back
Top Bottom