Whats with females not wanting to share their husbands last name, though?

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

the only way i wouldnt take his last name is if it rhymed with my 1st name. No way in hell im gonna be called alyssa salissa or somethin like that for the rest of my life.
laugh.gif

I blame Beyonce, got these females thinking they could go to school, better themselves, and be sucessful without having to latch on to a man
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by Nyota de la star

roll.gif

Seriously though, think about it. The connotations of the word are pretty laughable... which makes embracing the word pretty funny
and deliciously rebelling
What's up with trying to give negative words positive meanings? If a random dude called you that, you know you'd be heated.

Probably.
The thing is, I've never heard anyone really use that word in real life like that. NT seems to be in love with it though.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Phil Le0tard0

I blame Beyonce, got these females thinking they could go to school, better themselves, and be sucessful without having to latch on to a man
smh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Seriously though, think about it. The connotations of the word are pretty laughable... which makes embracing the word pretty funny
What's up with trying to give negative words positive meanings? If a random dude called you that, you know you'd be heated.

Probably.
The thing is, I've never heard anyone really use that word in real life like that. NT seems to be in love with it though.
happy.gif

laugh.gif
. How old are you? And where do you live? Dead that Team Hoodrat sig, though, though

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

its 2009. my chick better be out working if she can, and still come home and throw down the steak.

and its no sweat If i need to help throw down a meal once in a while too. My moms taught me how to cook and look after myself and I love my food
laugh.gif

taking up the last name is a sign of respect. it's sort of giving up a piece of yourself for your man.

if your not willing to be represented as part of my family whats the point.

so what are you giving up to her?
indifferent.gif

da ring, kids, a house, hell........da rampant fake independant diva trend these days is atrocious
smh.gif

dudes are in here talking about their house their money their kids their name...

they aren't giving anything up...its all theirs and they are kindly letting her use it off a name...

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

roll.gif

Probably.
happy.gif

laugh.gif
. How old are you? And where do you live? Dead that Team Hoodrat sig, though, though

18 ( I have the right to be immature).
I live in some rural-suburban area in Frederick, MD.

Why should I dead it? It's too much fun!

Unless shorty is famous as a name like there's no reason for it.

Maybe a hyphen but when a wife does this the husband always looks like a sucka imo. Makes no sense.

What's with the association of assuming a girl taking up her husband's last name as being someone's "slave."
smh.gif
, I mean really though?Seriously, so let me get this straight. A woman...can make her own money, do her own thing, refuse to take a guy's surname. Get more than half (in thestate of CA, when it comes to non-prenuptial agreements in marriages). While expecting the man, to go on one knee, to show his "undying" devotion,love, etc. to propose and actually be apart of her life. While at the same time, they're not obligated (or forced) to cook and provide daily necessities inthe relationship and/or family like it used to be, since "tradition" is dead. Yet expect some sort of obscure definition of Chivalry to be followedup (based on their own terms and experiences)...
eyes.gif
. Aight, guess I must be living in a very unrealistic world of expectations, just by asking my lady totake my last name. What more does the female gender want? Everything.
smh.gif

roll.gif

Probably.
happy.gif

laugh.gif

18 is too old to be immature, unless you really are a hoodrat.

you're suppose to be in college at that age... grow up, act like it.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

What's up with some dudes taking their wife's last name though?
That's my problem with American society. We're losing touch of the original gender roles.
smh.gif
Men being househusbands? Men taking women's last names?
dumbest thing I've read in a while.

Originally Posted by cocolicious

Originally Posted by General Johnson

What's the big deal with tradition? Just because something was done a certain way for many years means it has to stay that way forever?
Tradition wouldn't be a big deal if women weren't selective about when it's ok to break it.

If a woman doesn't want to take a man's last name, that's cool with me, just don't expect the following traditions
-a ring
-a wedding
-me to be faithful
-me to not slap the *%+% outta ya when you get disrespectful

I can buy my own ring, I don't want a wedding & as far as the other stuff that's about respect not tradition.
word? thats what you gonna tell your girlfriends when they ask..."pssh girrrrrrl i dont need NO man,i bought my OWN ring"

30rldad.jpg

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Maybe a hyphen but when a wife does this the husband always looks like a sucka imo. Makes no sense.
Is it really THAT serious though?

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

roll.gif

Probably.
happy.gif

laugh.gif

18 is too old to be immature, unless you really are a hoodrat.

you're suppose to be in college at that age... grow up, act like it.
Please. Spare me.
I know what I am.

Yea nobody says hoodrat anymore

Suburban kids on here probably heard it for the first time and ran with it.

And that team hoodrat !#$+ is corny. People just making sigs about anything
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by General Johnson

What's the big deal with tradition? Just because something was done a certain way for many years means it has to stay that way forever?
Tradition wouldn't be a big deal if women weren't selective about when it's ok to break it.

If a woman doesn't want to take a man's last name, that's cool with me, just don't expect the following traditions
-a ring
-a wedding
-me to be faithful
-me to not slap the *%+% outta ya when you get disrespectful

I can buy my own ring, I don't want a wedding & as far as the other stuff that's about respect not tradition.

indifferent.gif

We don't believe you
You need more people

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Lack of respect.

You want to share my bank account and house, then you'll share my last name.

^ This....and... I've chimed in on this topic on other forums but to give my two cents. If she has a name that has some kind of prestige or financial advantage (Kennedy, Rockerfeller, Hilton, etc.) Then I could understand the hesitation and the benefits of keeping it (or switching to her surname). Yes, I'm familiar with the original purpose of women changing their surnames because of being looked at as property and all that Jazz. But this is one tradition that I'm pretty stubborn with honestly, I wish she would take it (none of that hyphenation business either).
I dont care if her last name is Obama, if you want my bachelorhood, you will bear my last name, point blank , you cant half *%@ tradition, if younot gonna go all the way, we might as well be booed up in the crib and call it a life.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Is it really THAT serious though?
I don't understand this response to my post. Exactly what about my post implied seriousness? Or is somebody looking like a sucka"serious" to you?
Originally Posted by Lazy B

What's up with some dudes taking their wife's last name though?
Wait a min. what now? This is a joke right? Cuz I've seen this used as a joke. I didn't know dudes actually did this
smh.gif

roll.gif

Probably.
happy.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
at the double though

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

ninjahood wrote:
Originally Posted by mytmouse76

so what are you giving up to her?
indifferent.gif

da ring, kids, a house, hell........da rampant fake independant diva trend these days is atrocious
smh.gif
2iw8wtd.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Lack of respect.

You want to share my bank account and house, then you'll share my last name.

But wait, arent you BOTH paying for the house/bills?

And what iif the Wife makes more $$ than you?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom