Whats with females not wanting to share their husbands last name, though?

Me and my girl had a discussion about marriage and such about a year and a half ago. She said that she would hyphenate her name with mine. Now she wants to beMrs. White. I even suggested that she could make her maiden name her new middle name. She still wants my last name.
happy.gif

not sure. i don't feel that way though. but as others have said if my husbands last name rhymes with my first i'll definitely keep my name andhyphenate his.

After skimming that DC thread it was
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
seeing Rilla argue his side.

It would also appear I contradicted myself or am willing to look like a sucka since I said I'd settle for shorty's name to be hyphenated. I shouldabeen clear but it's too late now. The dude who takes the female's name or the wife that keeps her name(unless it's for a reason like Dirty statedin that thread) results in the guy looking like a sucka.

Opinion adjusted.

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Originally Posted by cocolicious

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Originally Posted by cocolicious

I don't see why someone has to change their last name, what's wrong with keeping it.

smile.gif

it makes me feel as if she doesnt want to be apart of my family and why not lessen the confusion. I want my house to say "The G**** Family"..and i agree with everything Nikestarjay typed

Well then I hope you find a nice girl who takes your last name and has no problem becoming your slave.
laugh.gif

idk where you got the slave part from.
cocolicious alot of your posts make me wonder, do you get dp'ed alot
;

women who don't want to share their husband's last name come off a certain way...
they must have a legitimate reason, to blatantly just go against tradition
(i would like to know why your reasons cocolicious and mightymouse)

the reason i want my woman to take my name, is so when i (hopefully) bear a son,
he carries on the family name

its not some sort of possession, if anything a family is to work together as a team
if she ain't trynna be part of my team, than she could start her own (with someone who doesn't care for tradition)

i already said i would take my husbands name...but i dont see the big deal if a woman doesnt want to...

Yeah, prenup is mandatory if she not takin ur name....straight up snake move on da low.....

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by Nyota de la star

Why is this such a big deal?
Like someone else said, it's a lack of respect for tradition and for the man himself. How can you bare his children, cook his food, clean his house, etc and not take his name? Even if you don't do that stereotypical wife stuff, it's still ridiculous not to take your husband's name. Taking a man's last name is symbolism of that unison that you two decided to share once you got married. To me, if you don't take the last name, it shows you aren't fully committed. Feminists are so worried about taking a man's last name as if it makes her any less of a person.
If she's doing all that for him ... what is he doing for her? AND she has to take his last name?
laugh.gif

You dudes KILL me.

I just called my boyfriend though and asked him would he take my last name and guess what he said.

"HELL YEAH! Anything that's yours is mine. That would just make us closer."

Of course I told him no though, I just wanted to see what he was going to say.

Originally Posted by blueLAMBORGHINI

I just called my boyfriend though and asked him would he take my last name and guess what he said.

We don't believe you...you need more ppl...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by blueLAMBORGHINI

but you're 16. So i would guess your bf is under 18. What he thinks doesnt matter. Hes not a man yet, hes a boy

Back
Top Bottom