When and Why did you lose interest in sneakers VOL.....PRIORITIES

When I hit 30 something pairs and realized I only tend to wear the same 3-4 pairs.  I only have weekends to wear them so it was time to stop buying and start wearing. Plus the hoops you have to jump through for some of these releases. Im not playing that game. I'll just impulse buy something else.

Lost interest a few years ago (25), mostly because the price of retros shot up and a lot of the new Nikes look horrible if worn casually. Could never see myself wearing LBJs or KDs with a fit.

Last edited:
Trying to put more value in people, places, and experiences as opposed material ****. Not quite to the extreme the minimalists adhere to, but something like it. I only have one pair of Jordans, 1 pair of Roshe runs, Killshot 2's and Clarks DB's as my casual footwear.

I got older and my tastes for sneakers got less and less. Also, I started working so I was never able to wear sneakers until Friday.

Now it's all about boots, loafers and brogues.

Lost interest in JB. They feel heavy and clunky once I started wearing running shoes. Continue to buy Nike, Adidas, and Vans. Last pair of Jordans I bought were the XI/XII count down package.

Lost interest in JB. They feel heavy and clunky once I started wearing running shoes. Continue to buy Nike, Adidas, and Vans. Last pair of Jordans I bought were the XI/XII count down package.

Wow, that's what December 2008? That's almost 10 years. Repped.

My disposable income is going way down and I've recently realized that I can't wear them all consistently. Why buy more when I have 15 pairs that I might wear once every 6 months?

I wear steel toes to work and if I do anything on the week days I gravitate towards the same few pairs.

On the weekends when I do go out I don't wear heat very often because I don't want them to get messed up. So really a lot of them just sit there.

I'd like to get myself down to like 10 pairs with the sentimental value its hard to let go of some super limited **** I succeeded copping for retail. It's also a lot harder to sell used shoes than new.

Once i landed my finance job. Im mr gq all week. Only one day off in the week..

Somewhat of a grave dig, but I just realized another reason I started losing interest typing in the Jordan XXXI Thread. I don't like that I (and kids of today) can't wear what the players wear. The option for ID gives us some close to, but never exactly. Then there's this year where you can't even create the current Nike line-up of sneakers on ID (except KD and Kobe). Jordan's haven't been on ID since the 26 (2012). Granted those were hideous, so no one wanted to create them anyways.

The first time I got really mad with the ID option was with the LeBron 11. I wanted these, but the options wouldn't allow it.

Guess they're gearing up for the Retros...I probably won't care by the time those come.
thats a waste of an iD tbh

When I bought my house October 2015 I slowed down. Then I got my STI last march and slowed down even more.

Priorities > tennis shoes([emoji]128514[/emoji])

When I first started driving and made so little money I was all about my car and could care less about sneakers. Now I feel like it's going back to that kinda. I've passed on releases I like because of priority bills, things for my car, and a vacation to plan for. My recent buys were way below retail

Plus outta the 70ish? pairs I have, most are DS. Just don't have the time like that between work and the gym. Not one of the those cats that wear a different pair of j's every week to the gym.

At the end of the day I'm still happy though

Last edited:
When the price went up on the same shoes I got years prior..
This. I haven't had a pair of Jordan's in around a decade and don't plan on ever going back. I cop high end, runners or regular lil pumas/adidas. Only time Mike retroes are copped is on steep discount.

Prices are absurd. Also the fact that you can't simply just go to the store and wait to cop, no you have to enter a raffle and hope and wish you get picked like they doing you a favor.

sneakerhead culture is definitely a smorgasbord of misfits and a rogue's gallery of villains, with a bit a athletes mixed in :lol:

there's no argument with that, head to a local convention and see da locals.

da most most facsinating thing i pay attention to is what kind of scene people graduate to once they feel they've outgrown kicks... that's when u seen da interesting turn, cuz kicks leave a everlasting mark on you based on what you experienced.

About 2 years ago when I realized I'd rather have space and money than a bunch of rubber and leather glued together in cardboard boxes in my closet.

Back
Top Bottom