When Did You Start Building Your Credit?

I got my credit cards on my own too at a young age. Stillin in this day an age it is harder though. I literally got phone calls when I turned 18 with no job for lines of credit approved.

I got my credit cards on my own too at a young age. Stillin in this day an age it is harder though. I literally got phone calls when I turned 18 with no job for lines of credit approved.

Yeah I can imagine, everything is different now the economy is a whole different ball game compared to years ago

17; best thing I ever did

I was always responsible with credit so I have excellent credit because of it
Likewise. I got my first credit card in college as a freshman when I was 17 years old. The rate was super high and the limit line was around $200 or $250. I just used it to buy sneakers and paid it off in full monthly.

76% of da US lives paycheck to paycheck.
Well said, Ninja. You guys are making as if most of these folks want to live paycheck to paycheck with nothing saved up. If you're a line worker with kids and only making $15 or so an hour, you have basically nothing to save up for after rent, various payments and caring for your kids. Times are hard.

How else can you up your credit score besides using a credit card?

After seeing several of my family members go into financial ruin thanks to those things, I'm very happy to stay with debit.

I don't want a credit card at all..
I'm not ready don't think ill ever be bout that life
Icant **** wit it if I aint got it I aint got it
Same thing I thought. But you'll need to build credit eventually. You need it to open a cell phone account under your name and to apply for an apartment or if you ever want to buy a house

How else can you up your credit score besides using a credit card?

After seeing several of my family members go into financial ruin thanks to those things, I'm very happy to stay with debit.
Try opening an overdraft line of credit with your bank/credit union. Chances are you'll have a better chance with a smaller institution too. Most people don't even think about this when trying to build their credit. IMO, it's the best since it's always there and much cheaper than overdrafting your account (as long as you don't keep a balance in there).

how can i get a credit card with no job as a student?

Surprised they havent found you yet.

They lurk campuses giving out free pizza to sign students up for credit cards

lol. I remeber that. I use to always fill out an app with fake info just to get the pizza. When they started to catch on. After people filled out the app they asked what was your SS number before they accepted it. I would I was use old phone numbers I remeber as a kid. Those were the days.

18. got a student credit card and had a part time job in college. made purchases on my credit card and paid them off every month. never carried a balance over. still practice this today (26 now)

how can i get a credit card with no job as a student?

Surprised they havent found you yet.

They lurk campuses giving out free pizza to sign students up for credit cards

:lol: so true. i would just go to their events, eat their pizza. and throw the brochure away on the way out.

Last edited:
I think I got it on my own if I remember

I was pretty independent at a young age

Hmm, well what is a good bank or the bank you started off at? I just planned to use it for ordering stuff offline cause my mom be trippin when I ask to use hers.

Back
Top Bottom