When insults had class (sorry if late)

lol. I like to imagine people back then still going "OOOOOH"
eek.gif
and "GOT 'EM" and then dapping each other up....

laugh.gif
seriously though, i love oscar wilde. "The Picture of Dorian Gray" is filled with sharp/ witty one liners. check it outtttt

Originally Posted by Stixx

A member of Parliament to Disraeli: "Sir, you will either die on the gallows or of some unspeakable disease."
"That depends, Sir," said Disraeli, "whether I embrace your policies or your mistress."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

"He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the dictionary." - William Faulkner (about ErnestHemingway).

**** FAULKNER

mad.gif

A man absorbed in his own manner of writing that he became incapable of understanding language as it existed in reality. He accused Hemingway of refusing toinvent, and looked foolish for doing so.

**** him.

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

Originally Posted by Stixx

A member of Parliament to Disraeli: "Sir, you will either die on the gallows or of some unspeakable disease."
"That depends, Sir," said Disraeli, "whether I embrace your policies or your mistress."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
this is strong ether.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

"He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the dictionary." - William Faulkner (about Ernest Hemingway).

**** FAULKNER

A man absorbed in his own manner of writing that he becomes incapable of understanding language as it exists in reality. He accused Hemingway of refusing to invent, and looks a fool for doing so.

**** him.

Someone failed English...

j/k

These are classic. The one about stats is rather deep.

this one had me
laugh.gif

I love the "Sorry if late" portion of the title, considering when most of these quotes were first said.

It'd be difficult to not be late.

you missed the best churchill ether of all time though. of all time:

Bessie Braddock: "Sir, you are drunk."
Churchill: "I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. "

Originally Posted by Bastitch

I love the "Sorry if late" portion of the title, considering when most of these quotes were first said.

It'd be difficult to not be late.

so true
eek.gif
laugh.gif

so op you're late, very late
roll.gif

Originally Posted by amine2345

you missed the best churchill ether of all time though. of all time:

Bessie Braddock: "Sir, you are drunk."
Churchill: "I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. "
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Churchill FTW

Back
Top Bottom