When it comes to BMW's & Benzes...

All I've bought are used cars, I find if you keep with the regular maintenance (oil changes, tune ups and such) you eliminate a lot of the little problems that pop up.
The hit in depreciation on a used car is ridiculous.  As soon as you pull off that lot the value starts dropping.  By buying used, the main owner has already taken the majority
of the depreciation hit.

All I've bought are used cars, I find if you keep with the regular maintenance (oil changes, tune ups and such) you eliminate a lot of the little problems that pop up.
The hit in depreciation on a used car is ridiculous.  As soon as you pull off that lot the value starts dropping.  By buying used, the main owner has already taken the majority
of the depreciation hit.

I think cause some people don't plan on keeping the car that long. I know some people who just get a lease car and when the lease is up, they are then able to get a newer car.

I think cause some people don't plan on keeping the car that long. I know some people who just get a lease car and when the lease is up, they are then able to get a newer car.

Me n my dad probably spent around 4 to 6 racks for our 1999 740il on parts under the hood and tires and we STILL have problems with oil leaking, sometimes temperature problems, loud timing belt, and all left side electricals not working.. the interior is also falling apart, all the cupholders are broken, the fabric on the walls were coming off before we screwed it in, and the seat mover on the passenger side isnt exactly attatched to the seat anymore..

Yea, used BMWs especially old ones are alot of work. They only have a lifespan of about 10 years.

Me n my dad probably spent around 4 to 6 racks for our 1999 740il on parts under the hood and tires and we STILL have problems with oil leaking, sometimes temperature problems, loud timing belt, and all left side electricals not working.. the interior is also falling apart, all the cupholders are broken, the fabric on the walls were coming off before we screwed it in, and the seat mover on the passenger side isnt exactly attatched to the seat anymore..

Yea, used BMWs especially old ones are alot of work. They only have a lifespan of about 10 years.

It beats paying for repairs on a used one.  
mad.gif

That was my biggest concern but b/c of the AMAZING deals you can get I was definitely willing to get a used one.  The ones I looked at had low mileage and looked brand new, literally.  I was a few days late on a used CLS I wanted and so I decided to get a new E350 b/c it was an all-new redesign.  Used is probably the way to go though.

Edit: And I made the commitment to keep it 8 or so years.

It beats paying for repairs on a used one.  
mad.gif

That was my biggest concern but b/c of the AMAZING deals you can get I was definitely willing to get a used one.  The ones I looked at had low mileage and looked brand new, literally.  I was a few days late on a used CLS I wanted and so I decided to get a new E350 b/c it was an all-new redesign.  Used is probably the way to go though.

Edit: And I made the commitment to keep it 8 or so years.

BMWs hold their value better than most cars on the road. Every car will depreciate, and the most expensive the car, the more you lose...

BMWs hold their value better than most cars on the road. Every car will depreciate, and the most expensive the car, the more you lose...

Honestly Cam IMO these ARE the cars to get new, its prob cheaper to lease a brand new one for 2-3 years than coppin one out of warranty whether you're leasing it or not.

Honestly Cam IMO these ARE the cars to get new, its prob cheaper to lease a brand new one for 2-3 years than coppin one out of warranty whether you're leasing it or not.

learned my lesson with euros had a AMG and had nothing, but problems. I just mob around in a POS Acura thats paid off and shorty pushes the lexus. I'm not buying another euro until I have bank roll.

learned my lesson with euros had a AMG and had nothing, but problems. I just mob around in a POS Acura thats paid off and shorty pushes the lexus. I'm not buying another euro until I have bank roll.

Cam.......you went from new maxima, lexus GS, now you want the e60....can never make your mind up eh.

Cam.......you went from new maxima, lexus GS, now you want the e60....can never make your mind up eh.

Flat out because it doesn't matter if the car depreciates. If you buying a brand new Beamer or Benz you got the money to buy the car. Alot of the people lease them anyways so when it depreciaties they on their next whip. I copped a 07 750i last summer and majority of the cars I looked at were lease returns. There is nothing wrong copping a whip with only 30,000 miles when it comes with a 100,000 warranty after the 1st owner takes the price hit for you.

2lipslegit, CONGRATS your pops is a lucky man the s63 is a beast.

Flat out because it doesn't matter if the car depreciates. If you buying a brand new Beamer or Benz you got the money to buy the car. Alot of the people lease them anyways so when it depreciaties they on their next whip. I copped a 07 750i last summer and majority of the cars I looked at were lease returns. There is nothing wrong copping a whip with only 30,000 miles when it comes with a 100,000 warranty after the 1st owner takes the price hit for you.

2lipslegit, CONGRATS your pops is a lucky man the s63 is a beast.

Does anyone have any experience with the 1969-1976 BMW 2002's ?
Its been a one of my favorite cars since a kid and I am definitely looking to get one in the near future.

Does anyone have any experience with the 1969-1976 BMW 2002's ?
Its been a one of my favorite cars since a kid and I am definitely looking to get one in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom