When will you retire from the shoe game

I've slowed it down about as much as I'll get. I probably will never completely quit(depending on the price/quality/durability of the product of course), but once you're in deep you don't just stop when you wanted it all before...unless you move all that focus to something else.

I'm not a "collector" nor am I purchasing to satisfy the shoe game, I simply have my eye caught by many shoes I'd like to have/have memories with, and that doesn't just go away. With that said though, my restraint is at an all-time high right now because retros like the flint 13s just didn't feel like a $160 product and the cement 3s did not look like a $150 product through display cases IMO. Same with the 9s and 2s, and even the FTLOG 7s when I finally tried on a pair last week. I just moved on to more lebrons and current tech shoes that I feel more justified in spending money for.

I've slowed it down about as much as I'll get. I probably will never completely quit(depending on the price/quality/durability of the product of course), but once you're in deep you don't just stop when you wanted it all before...unless you move all that focus to something else.

I'm not a "collector" nor am I purchasing to satisfy the shoe game, I simply have my eye caught by many shoes I'd like to have/have memories with, and that doesn't just go away. With that said though, my restraint is at an all-time high right now because retros like the flint 13s just didn't feel like a $160 product and the cement 3s did not look like a $150 product through display cases IMO. Same with the 9s and 2s, and even the FTLOG 7s when I finally tried on a pair last week. I just moved on to more lebrons and current tech shoes that I feel more justified in spending money for.

I don't think I will ever retire. I'm sure it will calm down when I am older, but I will still need more shoes when i'm 30 and 40 hahaha

I don't think I will ever retire. I'm sure it will calm down when I am older, but I will still need more shoes when i'm 30 and 40 hahaha

i mean, they're just shoes. I'm sure I'll cop them forever. taking breaks here n there. I have a few hundred pairs, why stop, I'm not hurting anybody. And I'm sure my kids will like kicks too. i mean, i hav to believe jordan will eventually stop with the retros. but nike will always be around. so i'll say, i'll stop when i stop seeing things i like, or i stop having feet.

i mean, they're just shoes. I'm sure I'll cop them forever. taking breaks here n there. I have a few hundred pairs, why stop, I'm not hurting anybody. And I'm sure my kids will like kicks too. i mean, i hav to believe jordan will eventually stop with the retros. but nike will always be around. so i'll say, i'll stop when i stop seeing things i like, or i stop having feet.

I used to say marriage would make me retire... it didn't

Then I said purchasing a home would make me retire... it didn't

Now I'm gonna say, when I have kids I will retire...

I used to say marriage would make me retire... it didn't

Then I said purchasing a home would make me retire... it didn't

Now I'm gonna say, when I have kids I will retire...

I'm not going to stop but i'm slowing down on Jordans.

My grail list is almost done.
1. White Infrared VI
2. Hare VII
3. White Cement IV
4. White Cement III
5. Chicago X

Jordan Brand has given me all the shoes i've been hunting for recently.
After the Chicago Xs and White Cement IVs retro then i can see myself falling off/slowing down

I'm not going to stop but i'm slowing down on Jordans.

My grail list is almost done.
1. White Infrared VI
2. Hare VII
3. White Cement IV
4. White Cement III
5. Chicago X

Jordan Brand has given me all the shoes i've been hunting for recently.
After the Chicago Xs and White Cement IVs retro then i can see myself falling off/slowing down

I'm 34 and I've never even thought about stopping. I might go a while here and there w/o buying something. But if it aint a new release I usually find something on ebay that I want. It's always something.

I'm 34 and I've never even thought about stopping. I might go a while here and there w/o buying something. But if it aint a new release I usually find something on ebay that I want. It's always something.

I thought I already did a couple years ago... but here I am back on the forums. Don't think I can ever fully "leave" just probably have more self control on impulse buys.

I thought I already did a couple years ago... but here I am back on the forums. Don't think I can ever fully "leave" just probably have more self control on impulse buys.

Originally Posted by Fat Boy 915

I'm 21 and will graduate from college in May. I've been selling shoes I don't wear because I know once I land a job, I won't be able to wear Jordans 5-6 days out of the week.

Although, once I actually do get a job and I'm being paid fairly well, I'll probably be more into the game than I ever was.
I said the same thing. Thought that since i was making more, i would cop more, but I went a whole 2 yrs and didn't cop anything. I've started back copping, but just being more selective. Also, when you have "real" bills and and you have to be and "adult" for real, you think twice about some of those impulse purchases. Atleast I do. I've got more disposible income now than ever before, but for some reason I don't cop as much.

Back
Top Bottom