Which J's are you waiting to be retroed so you can get OUT of the shoe game?

I've been collecting for a lil' over 10 years now. For the most part, I am done with the heavy collecting but I occasionally treat myself to some "fire" that releases (copped 2 pairs of True Blues this year). A lot of you are like me and want to be almost completely done with Jordan Brand after the slip in quality, garbage retro+ colors, butchering of retro OG's, and the price inflation over the last few years. However, JB is still holding onto some gems that have stopped me from completely being done but I feel once these particular shoes release, I'll officially be through.

It was 6 different pairs but now it's down to 4. The first pair was Blk/Red I's. However, I got those in the DMP pack and I still have another DS pair. Next up was True Blues and like I mentioned earlier, I got those this year.

The last 4 are as follows:

air-jordan-x-retro-chicago-4-570x380.jpg

^I am overly ecstatic that these are dropping. I wish my funds were right because I want 3 pairs but I'm gonna have to settle for two...

Seattle-X.jpg

^Almost pulled the trigger on a NDS pair back in '05 for $900
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. Last minute decided against it and been FEENING for a pair ever sense.

jordan1blkblue_1.jpg

^Traded my 2001 retro for a pair of Sheeds
30t6p3b.gif
. Does Nike think it's funny toying with me by not releasing these? This is absolute BULL!

Air-Jordan-1-Original-OG-1985-White-Black-Red.jpg

^Re-release these in the high cut so I can get out of this shoe game for good. If they put these and the Blk/Blue I's in a pack, I'd die a happy camper.

im trying to get out now but these releases are killing me! probably when the playoff 12s come out. my first pair of jordans in 6th grade. its easier passing on js now because im sticking to my if i cant get it on release date im not getting it rule. plus selling my carmines and hares for retail made it easier to get out.

Grape Vs. The first J I ever tried on back in 1990...then passed for the metallics because I thought the black/red was "cooler". Some good stuff coming out this year (Chi Xs, Playoff 12s, Columbias) but the Grapes would truly bring everything around full circle for me.

Still, I wouldn't mind the occasional retro (ie. blk/red IVs) if done right.

Well the ones I wanted have come out. The hare7's, Carolina IX's, bred IX's, aqua 8's, and couldn,t get cuz funds was low. so hopefully in time i will be able to retire from this madness soon. I hate people don't know or understand the love for shoes. I hate having to explain why I a 36 year old loves to buy jays.

Originally Posted by Janitor

Grape Vs. The first J I ever tried on back in 1990...then passed for the metallics because I thought the black/red was "cooler". Some good stuff coming out this year (Chi Xs, Playoff 12s, Columbias) but the Grapes would truly bring everything around full circle for me.

Still, I wouldn't mind the occasional retro (ie. blk/red IVs) if done right.
Agreed. Like, Cement IV's aren't exactly on my radar but I'll probably be copping.

Originally Posted by allactshun

Well the ones I wanted have come out. The hare7's, Carolina IX's, bred IX's, aqua 8's, and couldn,t get cuz funds was low. so hopefully in time i will be able to retire from this madness soon. I hate people don't know or understand the love for shoes. I hate having to explain why I a 36 year old loves to buy jays.
Same thing happened to me with these 2 particular pairs. I'll be copping off of Ebay after I get the Chi X's...

Man, I dunno. Maybe sport blue VI's or Hare 7's or Carmine's (by themselves). For now, it looks like these IV's coming up and the playoff XII's and I'm done. The Concord release left a sour taste in my mouth.

I have all the Js now, but the only one that will complete my game is White/Cement IV done right. i don't want no Tech Grey, and if they put NA on, then it's even better!

Cherrywood 16's, black cement iv's, and white cement iv's and i call it quits!! On the nike side, total air pillar's and im done with the shoe game for good.

The releases next year most likely be it. I'm disappointed I missed out on all the heat that had already released(space jams, cool greys, and the cdp iii's and iv's)

Originally Posted by illphillip

I love sneakers so I doubt I'll ever get out of the "shoe game".

There will always be something fresh to purchase.
That.

I'm waiting for some more Aquas though.

All y'all some brett favre $#$ ninjas .....stop lyin you'll pick up the phone every time nike/jb call with the right offer lls

AJ 7 - Maroon (my first pair of jordans as a kid)
AJ 8 - Aqua (again) still pissed i slept on them a few years ago and I refuse to pay rape prices on some shoes that will peel after 3 wears. - my second pair of jordans
AJ 11 - black and reds

The rest come out in 2012
the obsidian and playoff 12s

Originally Posted by illphillip

I love sneakers so I doubt I'll ever get out of the "shoe game".

There will always be something fresh to purchase.

But I'd like to see a Mocha 3 Retro.

i'm not in any damn game.

but i just need x's (soon), xvi's and 2011's to keep me set for a while. soon my xx and xii may need replacing, however. but considering the rotation, shouldn't be for a while yet.

Knowing me i will never quit the game i'll just take breaks from time to time but when shoes release that i wanted ever since my childhood i can't help but grab a pair

Back
Top Bottom