mean.gif
eyes.gif

I thought this type of logic died a long *** time ago

:lol:

and

:smh:

but

:rofl:

So many ways this thread can go, but I'm sure it'll be a mess by page 5.

As for swimming, I used to be a decent, not great, swimmer and had no problem getting in the ocean. But once I took part in an experiment in high school to measure my density by displacement and I don't remember the figures, but I displaced a lot of water and people were shocked with the numbers. Not saying or suggesting there's any truth to that part of the video, but it was an experience that always stuck with me.

How does melanin and its ability to conduct electricity play into this, if at all? If in theory, your whole body is one big nerve and a signal travels to your muscles faster due to that, doesn't that give melaninated people an advantage also? If it's junk science then please disregard my ignorance.

Last edited:
Not sure if I can be mad. Mad racist, but I was just waiting on them to say we have inferior intelligence or some ****

Da **** was that :rofl:

:rofl:

Is this wat they show in pe class in china looooool

Last edited:
Vid was odd

For black americans, I always wondered it our athletic superiority was ties to the trans- atlantic slave trade.

Weaker africans dying from the journey over, getting sick.
Then those who made it get selectively bred to create stronger slaves to work.

Now we got Lebron

Last edited:
i remember reading about how slave owners would breed slaves for certain specifications. much like breeding dogs or something. **** was sad

Isn't that where the term MFer came from?

Because they would put a bag on a male slave's head and get him to smash his own mom? :x Not sure if true, but that's something I've heard more than once.

Last edited:
Vid was odd

For black americans, I always wondered it our athletic superiority was ties to the trans- Atlantic slave trade.

Now we got Lebron

i remember reading about how slave owners would breed slaves for certain specifications. much like breeding dogs or something. **** was sad

Nah b. Evolution doesn't work that fast. common misconception. :lol:

I've read a couple different books on the matter and here are some of the better explanations.

1. Define "Athletic Superiority"?

Black people aren't great at all sports, rather black people are good at specific kinds of sports. mostly shorter distance quit twitch sports, WHICH HAPPEN to be the the most popular sports in the world. Because the sports that black people excel at happen to be the most popular types of sports in the world, people assume black people would be great at everything. Not true.

Black people would generally not be suited for many sports like swimming, cycling, criss country sking.

a. The higher % of quick twitch muscle

-likely comes from adaptations against malaria, also related to why sickle cell is a disease that effects africans.

b. Shorter torsos, longer limbs,narrower hips pelvis.

Great for running fast, jumping reaching high, but NOT good for swinging, swimmers need to to have long torsos like the hull of a boat. a great example of this is michael phelps who is 6-5, but rocks 32 length jeans.

-the theory behind this lies in temperature management, less torso and more limbs allows for better dispersal of heat.
- white europeans especially northern one tend to have thicker torso's limbs to retains heat.

2. Define "Black people"

a. There many different types of Africans from different places with different body types.

When Americans or the west think of "black people" what they really mean is people from west Africa. Thats why when you get women form North,east Africa like Kenya or Ethiopia white people always call these people "exotic". When it's white people just aren't use to seeing there faces.

It goes even deeper a lot of people think it's just growing up in the altitutie that gives kenyans and Ethiopians there great distance running advantage. but that to also involves body type, they have skinnier limbs more so that western africans which makes for more efficient distance running. Look at Mo Farah dude is running on tooth picks.

Cliffs.

Black people of west African decent are better at specific types of sports but aren't "athletically superior" just athletic in a different way. It has nothing to do with slavery or breeding.

Last edited:
David Epstein talks about athletes and if they are really getting faster, stronger and all that good stuff. It kind of relates to OP's video

He also talks about it in his book, The Sports Gene. I know the OP talks about black people but Epstein mentions many different people

Last edited:
I thought it boiled down to bbody type + slavery

Europeans have longer torsos for swimming.

Africans have longer legs for running

Vid was odd

For black americans, I always wondered it our athletic superiority was ties to the trans- Atlantic slave trade.

Now we got Lebron

Nah b. Evolution doesn't work that fast. common misconception. :lol:

I've read a couple different books on the matter and here are some of the better explanations.

1. Define "Athletic Superiority"?

Black people aren't great at all sports, rather black people are good at specific kinds of sports. mostly shorter distance quit twitch sports, WHICH HAPPEN to be the the most popular sports in the world. Because the sports that black people excel at happen to be the most popular types of sports in the world, people assume black people would be great at everything. Not true.

Black people would generally not be suited for many sports like swimming, cycling, criss country sking.

a. The higher % of quick twitch muscle

-likely comes from adaptations against malaria, also related to why sickle cell is a disease that effects africans.

b. Shorter torsos, longer limbs,narrower hips pelvis.

Great for running fast, jumping reaching high, but NOT good for swinging, swimmers need to to have long torsos like the hull of a boat. a great example of this is michael phelps who is 6-5, but rocks 32 length jeans.

-the theory behind this lies in temperature management, less torso and more limbs allows for better dispersal of heat.
- white europeans especially northern one tend to have thicker torso's limbs to retains heat.

2. Define "Black people"

a. There many different types of Africans from different places with different body types.

When Americans or the west think of "black people" what they really mean is people from west Africa. Thats why when you get women form North,east Africa like Kenya or Ethiopia white people always call these people "exotic". When it's white people just aren't use to seeing there faces.

It goes even deeper a lot of people think it's just growing up in the altitutie that gives kenyans and Ethiopians there great distance running advantage. but that to also involves body type, they have skinnier limbs more so that western africans which makes for more efficient distance running. Look at Mo Farah dude is running on tooth picks.

Cliffs.

Black people of west African decent are better at specific types of sports but aren't "athletically superior" just athletic in a different way. It has nothing to do with slavery or breeding.

Nice breakdown and point of view.

Do you happen to still remember where you've read this? I'm interested in reading up on it.

-Drew

The slavery theory always sounded like BS to me. Instead of just saying were gifted people they would rather say we were made this way by white folks breeding us. I thought it was our Melanin and dominant genes.

Last edited:
I have heard that the darker the skin the better your muscle twitch fibers are. It is definitely noticeable that a specific race dominates 2 of the major sports.

Bill Burr is the absolute greatest. I don't think I've ever not laughed while watching him.

Back
Top Bottom