Why is everyone getting butt-hurt over new join dates.

they just jelly... some think they have some sense of real ownership to NT,,, its just a message board

An account with a new join date and sensible post is fine.

The "butt-hurt" is more so geared towards accounts with new join dates that are creating poor/troll threads/posts.

it's about the aesthetics man....

the aesthetics

:lol:

Really though it just degrades the quality of the site. I don't mind new accounts at all but when 95% of them are troll accounts and or ghost rep accounts it's annoying. I try to keep things in perspective and remember that ppl will always duck and hide behind the anonymity of the internet, but it's hard to when your fave site is being killed by these types.

Because most of you are clowns that seem to know everything about everything. Always coming in making the lamest comments and threads.

Like this one, for example.

:lol:
Really though it just degrades the quality of the site. I don't mind new accounts at all but when 95% of them are troll accounts and or ghost rep accounts it's annoying. I try to keep things in perspective and remember that ppl will always duck and hide behind the anonymity of the internet, but it's hard to when your fave site is being killed by these types.
church...

I think its super lame for current NTers to create names for phantom reps ...

Seriously .. how much time and energy does that take?

That could be put to something useful.

Niketalk post cred is serious

But really it helps weed out some trolls. For the most part. It's not an exact science.

Most don't care about join dates, but if someone makes a terrible thread and is a new member, then that's when they notice.

New members who don't know the rules or way the forum works, banned members making new accounts, trolls trolling, etc. 

Why care about join dates. Besides, we are all family here. I just find it kind of annoying when people send you personal messages even though you are still kind of new here. 

But one of the biggest things that rustle my jimmies is when people make duplicate threads about seven times. Seriously b. 
indifferent.gif

I'm just glad I finally found a new home and is here to stay. 
smile.gif

Same deal basically anywhere else u go.

High School - Freshmen are looked down on

Work - New guy gets no say in decisions

NT - New guy gets flamed for making useless threads

But one of the biggest things that rustle my jimmies is when people make duplicate threads about seven times. Seriously b. :stoneface:
I'm just glad I finally found a new home and is here to stay. :smile:

...the hell did you just say?

At the end of the day, nothing really matters. But for the sake of integrity, as mentioned above, I take pride in my join date and post count. We all love talking about all of the NT OGs...having been with NT since late '05-'06 [and knowing that I will be tap, tap, pullin' for the rest of my life], it will be fun to have my OG SN and still be posting 30, 40 years from now.

Getting rid of the membership process and this sudden flood of new SNs has led to threads like this. I think it will settle down though.

lol to be honest... i've been on NT since 2006 but only joined 2010.
so the "join date" really isn't a big deal.. since you really have no idea how long they been doin' it.
the flack that new members catch is when tolling occurs... this is not just on NT but to the sneaker game in general.
---since the game is so saturated with new people, a lot of ignorant things end up getting said (in both real life and the message board).
---i think people just associate these stupid comments/trolling with people who recently started collecting/people who recently joined NT.

Back
Top Bottom