Why so mad at JB? edit

Mister Meaner

formerly super producer j
The brand is now producing more shoes than ever. Every release can't be a classic, and if so, that would be heavier on people's pockets. IMO, there areenough good releases nowadays to keep me satisfied. I can only laugh at 80% of their catalogue. This year, the XX3 is the only real Jordan to be released(IMO), and that is just fine with me. I remember only having the option of a few new Jordans just a few years ago. So the few quality and inspired releases wesee now are perfect for me.

I made this post because in every fusion thread or whatever, people are throwing out the "why JB, why?"s and the "
frown.gif
"s, etc.

edit: I didn't want this to turn into a quality discussion. I wanted to focus on the # of releases. Perhaps my use of the term "quality"warranted some of your responses though.

I'm mad at JB primarily for their lack of attention to detail on certain products. Think about it, if the quality can be good on the XX3 why can't italso be good on all the releases? Also why does this company insist on these garbage hybrids? They just blatantly disregard quality and still won't satisfya growing need for shoes like the White & Red XII's and such. Ridiculous what hula hoops this company makes it's loyal patrons go though.
smh.gif

I agree with you in some ways. But have you seen those olympic VI's that just came out
sick.gif
or the olympic VII's that are supposed to come out
sick.gif
or the Ex.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

The brand is now producing more shoes than ever.
You said it yourself! JB is over-saturating the market. Rocking J's is nothing special anymore. EVERY1 got J's on everywhere you go.Most these kids have no clue what they are even wearing. With so many releases, JB has also took the quality WAY down to maximize their profit. When there wasonly a few releases a year, it was something special and something to look forward too. Now its like there is a Jordan release every other week. It's OD& its killin the love for alot of long time Jordan collectors.

how many shoes can they slap elephant print on???? see the air jordan fusion III as an example. to me, it just takes away the specialness of the original airjordan III. moves like this make me mad at jordan brand. that's only one reason too.

Its been said before & I totally agree with it. They used to be the trendsetters. Now, they just follow like that stray dog you see roamin your hood lookinfor

their next meal ...

Seems like they only put effort into the Sig line & that's once every solar eclipse.

I think people are just mad at the quality of the jordans we're getting. We are getting some great retros but on the other hand there are so many uglyshoes that are thrown into my mix, for example the olympic VI's or the gay jays! Too many garbage kicks.

quality should be better than what it is, especially if i'm paying 125+ for them. Other than that i don't mind them putting out so many shoes orwhatever.(except for the new oly7's thats just a damn disgrace)

im really dissapointed in JB f'real they making way to much shoes look like fakes fusion 3's and 5's come on the quality now is garbage some onebbrought up the fake bred 4's look more real den the 08 retro of it thats a disgrace and im tired of wack people getting jordans and not even no the numberof it or jordan himself jb has to step up on the quality bring back the og's that look exactly like the originals to much garbage commin out they turned tomoney hunger basterds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People these days complain to much, if you don't like it don't buy it, we all don't have the same taste you know.

Originally Posted by jacobmontana

You said it yourself! JB is over-saturating the market. Rocking J's is nothing special anymore. EVERY1 got J's on everywhere you go. Most these kids have no clue what they are even wearing. With so many releases, JB has also took the quality WAY down to maximize their profit. When there was only a few releases a year, it was something special and something to look forward too. Now its like there is a Jordan release every other week. It's OD & its killin the love for alot of long time Jordan collectors.

No, not every shoe can be a classic when your releasing 20+ pairs a year. Back in JBs earlier days, when only a hand full of sig shoes released each year theywere all classics. For the most part, they stuck to simple colorways, and kept quality up to par.

Most of the younger generation could care less. But most of us from the older generation know how JB used to operate back when the brand started. I only buy asmall fraction of what JB releases. I usually get a couple of the new sig and a few of the classic true retros per year. If everyone stuck to my schedule thebrand wouldn't keep releasing the garbage they have been releasing because they would lose money. But the sad truth is that regardless of what they put outit sells. And its that bastardization and greed of a Brand that once stood for excellence that offends me.

I understand what everyone is saying, and although I do love all OG colorways, I also like a lot of the other retro non-og colorways. I dont know about anyoneelse, but there is more to my closet than white/black/red clothing. That combination is probably what I have the least of. From a business standpoint: GETMONEY. At the end of the day, JB is a business, a very successful business. While quality may not be up to par as in the past, the reality is people havebusinesses to make the most money they can, not worry about every collector in the world nit-picking and crying about colorways, hybrids, etc.
Just because a Michael Jordan rookie card is worth a lot of money, does that mean Topps or whoever, is going to release it every other year because its indemand and something everyone wants? Putting out all of these OG colorways of shoes that collectors actually own are only hurting the market value andexclusivity of that shoe to true collectors. We have people who are mad because they either did not buy the shoe when they came out due to money, age, etc., orpeople who dogged the shoes out or even sold them (always hated myself for selling my wht/car and blk/red XIs for retail). Thats life.

And with the hybrid shoes JB does, why be mad about it? its 2008, Jordan has been around for 23 years now. They decided to try something different insteadof sticking to the same formula and it has been nothing but a success. Im a manager at Champs and the blk/red Fusion Vs and both Fusion XIIs flew out the doorbetween 8 am and 12 pm. Regardless of what anyone says, thats money right there. Why knock the hustle and the creativity of the company? Chances are, if youran JB and knew Dub Zeros, Fusions, 6 Rings, Olympians, and LS colorways would sell and make you more money, you are going to do it.

I love Jordan Brand as much as most people and have always enjoyed and picked up ANY OG colorway retros, but Jordan Brand doesnt owe us anything, nor shouldthey. I dont remember getting a disclaimer with any of my original J's saying Jordan will forever be in debt to us for copping Jordan brand and will makesure to never lower the quality or make hybrid shoes and LS colorways because it goes against what Jordan Brand stands for.

Originally Posted by jacobmontana

You said it yourself! JB is over-saturating the market. Rocking J's is nothing special anymore. EVERY1 got J's on everywhere you go. Most these kids have no clue what they are even wearing. With so many releases, JB has also took the quality WAY down to maximize their profit. When there was only a few releases a year, it was something special and something to look forward too. Now its like there is a Jordan release every other week. It's OD & its killin the love for alot of long time Jordan collectors.

That's the truth!

They stitched a vagina/uterous into the VI's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though...they just don't really cater to those that built the brand at all.

I think people put to much thought into this.I have been buying jordans sense 1990.Back then people never thought about quality.We were just happy to have thenew js.I can say this though i remember i having the carmines in the 7th grade and people thought they were the ugliest jordan ever and now a classic.You neverknow the js everyone dont like can still be a classic one day.(LOOK AT IT THIS WAY I WOULD RATHER SEE PEOPLE WEARING THE JS NOBODY LIKES THAN FAKES)

I have no problem with the fact that they are producing alot of kicks, as a brand they have to. What I have a problem with is how they are butchering some ofthe retros my using subpar and inferior quality materials, and raising the prices of them in the same breath. These classic sneakers are what made the companywhat it is today, so it would be nice if they would pour there heart and soul back into them. Because it bothers me that the Team Jordans and the other JordanBrand sneakers seem to have better production quality then the retros.

4 reasons: spizikes, fusions, 6 rings, and a bastardized barcelona vii coming out

i can see it playing out in the comference room:

"let's see how popular we really are! let's put together some horrible 'combo' shoes which take no effort on our part to design and see ifpeople still pay what we charge for em!"

Originally Posted by Wozman23

No, not every shoe can be a classic when your releasing 20+ pairs a year. Back in JBs earlier days, when only a hand full of sig shoes released each year they were all classics. For the most part, they stuck to simple colorways, and kept quality up to par.

Most of the younger generation could care less. But most of us from the older generation know how JB used to operate back when the brand started. I only buy a small fraction of what JB releases. I usually get a couple of the new sig and a few of the classic true retros per year. If everyone stuck to my schedule the brand wouldn't keep releasing the garbage they have been releasing because they would lose money. But the sad truth is that regardless of what they put out it sells. And its that bastardization and greed of a Brand that once stood for excellence that offends me.
Couldn't have said it better.

Jordan brand is in a loose, loose situation....if they over produce then every one cries because its over kill and the value goes down...if they limit therestuff then all you guys are gonna cry becuase your gonna have to camp out to get a pair or pay $2000 on ebay....me personally i hope they stop releasing 8jordans a month...and go back to the pace they were at about 4 years back.... but hey what can you do

What ya'll gotta realize is that, this is a brand now. They have to compete with Adidas, Reeboks and even NIkes of the shoe world. Thats why they gottadrop all these team shoes and trainers and such. They cant continue to just drop what everybody wants, they gotta compete in all other areas as well and putshoes at different price points. In my opinion thats a good thing, yeah you may see J's on every kids feet now a days but thats what thew want from abusiness aspect. As for the putting elephant print on all there shoes, I mean thats there signature pattern, people dig it. Don't like it, don't buyit. As for quality, if you guy's notice the only shoes JB is doing this to are the retro's. Why? I have no idea, you'd think they'd want tomake them better than the OG's, so from that aspect I totally agree, why retro great classics in crap materials and shapes? You can't say the sameabout that about the last 4 models, or even alot of there team shoes. I think we as retro heads are p.o'd cause we want our retro's just like theOG's, and being that JB is suppose to be the Cadillac of B-Ball shoes you'd think they'd put a little more thought into that, instead of justslapping together some crappy renditions of the real thing. I mean some of us want to hoop in our child hood favorite hoop shoe, though most of us just want torock 'em, either way they should be droppin better quality retro's cause it's not like they're droppin quantity either, everything is so damnlimited you'd think they'd put more time into making these right, agreed?

you should look at fake spikes they look even worst than the real shoe jb is making it harder for bootleggers but quality sill matters

Originally Posted by carnage1121

Jordan brand is in a loose, loose situation....if they over produce then every one cries because its over kill and the value goes down...if they limit there stuff then all you guys are gonna cry becuase your gonna have to camp out to get a pair or pay $2000 on ebay....me personally i hope they stop releasing 8 jordans a month...and go back to the pace they were at about 4 years back.... but hey what can you do

Back
Top Bottom