Why so mad at JB? edit

Originally Posted by carnage1121

Jordan brand is in a loose, loose situation....if they over produce then every one cries because its over kill and the value goes down...if they limit there stuff then all you guys are gonna cry becuase your gonna have to camp out to get a pair or pay $2000 on ebay....me personally i hope they stop releasing 8 jordans a month...and go back to the pace they were at about 4 years back.... but hey what can you do

No JB chose to put themselves in to a losing situation. If they would have just stuck to the script and released classic sig shoes like the I-XIV andquality OG-like retros and some nice inspired retro+ models (cool gray, midnight navy etc.) then they wouldn't have to worry about becoming irrelevant. Think about it, Jordans were never tacky or trendy. They were TREND SETTERS! But just like anything else, once the market gets saturated and quality goesdown people start losing interest quickly. Especially with MJ out of the league.
The big-wigs at JB sure know how to cash-in on trends but they have NO CLUE how to maintain steady, long term growth as a company. I have a feeling that ifthey don't shake things up quickly, they are going to be in for a very rude awakening. They need to stop burning their bridges with all the OG Jordan fansbecause that's the demographic that they are going to need to fall back on.

Originally Posted by NeptunesFinest

The big-wigs at JB sure know how to cash-in on trends but they have NO CLUE how to maintain steady, long term growth as a company. I have a feeling that if they don't shake things up quickly, they are going to be in for a very rude awakening. They need to stop burning their bridges with all the OG Jordan fans because that's the demographic that they are going to need to fall back on.

^ Funny, we have a lot of folks on here who *pretend* to know about business and marketing, tell me, where did you get your Masters degree???

Originally Posted by fc1114

The big-wigs at JB sure know how to cash-in on trends but they have NO CLUE how to maintain steady, long term growth as a company. I have a feeling that if they don't shake things up quickly, they are going to be in for a very rude awakening. They need to stop burning their bridges with all the OG Jordan fans because that's the demographic that they are going to need to fall back on.

^ Funny, we have a lot of folks on here who *pretend* to know about business and marketing, tell me, where did you get your Masters degree???

I went to Rutgers. I majored in Biomedical Engineering and minored in Economics. Currently, I'm applying to business school so you are in factcorrect. I do not have a Masters in marketing (yet); but then again I never made that claim did I?

Originally Posted by carnage1121

Maintain steady long-term growth as a company? Id say 2 and a half decades proved they will always maintain growth as a company. You really thinkOG jordan fans are who JB will need to fall back on? OG Jordan fans will be the make it or break it demographic for the brand? The only demographic JB shouldevery be concerned with is the urban population. Do you realize how many parents in urban communities come into my store and buy EVERY fusion that comes outfor every one of their kids? They dont give a **** about OG this and OG that and the quality of the leather. If its a release date Jordan, it very rarely sitsaround for long.
For every 100 people in the hood that come in to buy some retros, fusions, whatever, there may be 1 or 2 people who come in to buy them that actuallycollect Jordans and follow the history. They do what they do to appeal to their MAIN consumer base which is the urban community, not Mr. John "OG JordanCollector" Doe. Do me a favor, see if you can find JB's total revenue yearly since they have released the dub-zeros (we can use that as the startingpoint of JB "slapping OG collectors in the face").

I guess the smart thing to do would be release 10-12 retros a year in bigger quanities and better quality rather than release 20-30 retros/hybrids in a yearin various colorways and, to OG Jordan Fans, make them "subpar quality."

You sir are a damn fool. Stick to Biometric Engineering. I guess you were the one who decided to use the thumbprint on the 23s werent you?

Quite frankly, I appreciate JORDAN BRANDS marketing scheme. People tend to forget that Jordan is no longer a player. He is a company or a brand. Jordan brandis going to put out some heat, some mediocraty and some garbage. How can a company satisfy the hundreds of thousands that buys their shoes? It's impossibleto satisfy everyone. That is why JB has Quickstrikes, Limited, CDP, BMP, and DMP's. The newer retroes like fusions, spizikes, and 6 rings appeals to thenewer faces to JB. But I can't complain any sneaker I buy, its because I like it. Sooooo, **BUY WHAT YOU LIKE** and not what you think others will. Theyare your kicks. Retroes are retroes. OG's are ORIGINAL
smokin.gif
How can u expect originality when trends change every year? JB is still on top of thesneaker game trying to pay homage to the old skool while keeping the new school satisfied.

Originally Posted by loskickking23

I think people put to much thought into this.I have been buying jordans sense 1990.Back then people never thought about quality.We were just happy to have the new js.I can say this though i remember i having the carmines in the 7th grade and people thought they were the ugliest jordan ever and now a classic.You never know the js everyone dont like can still be a classic one day.(LOOK AT IT THIS WAY I WOULD RATHER SEE PEOPLE WEARING THE JS NOBODY LIKES THAN FAKES)
well said. i started with jordans is 88-89 and yes the carmines were considered very ugly in the cirlce of people i knew. aonlg with the 7's8's and 10's

There's a lot of interesting things going on in this post, Therefore, do not forget that JB is only using the same mould and patent as Nike did for 20Years.
They have just changed the colors, and made some fusions between the models, so as you stated, they developed the XXIII that are a succes (Im sure that thefirst
blue limited model was a nice strategy to make it this year shoe) but a part of it, they havent done anything from my point of vue that will last in time.
Tell me which shoe since 2000 that will be a classic in few years, NONE !!!! and people are just gone get tired of the J's that we have seen since 1985 andnever
really step up to develop new models ! So yes they are making a lot of money right now, but the futur of every company holds in development, and Jordan hasNONE.

The answer is simple

Because people are unfulfilled. They try and find that from shoes, but they can't because fulfillment comes first from within. So they vent their anger totheir selves to their outlet for their problem.

All anger is anger at self. All hate is hate at self. I suggest those who suffer from these diseases pay close attention to some Marley and other soul seekingmusic - because the bible has been so misinterpreted it takes a wise mind to even interpret it properly nowadays, which is a damn shame.

Back
Top Bottom