Why the sneaker game will never be the same.

for those who are complaining about the 175$ price tag are just jb haters. jordan 17z in 2001 released for 200$ and still they were sold out.. its 2010 now! we cant afford 175$ shoes? cmon

Originally Posted by taivan

for those who are complaining about the 175$ price tag are just jb haters. jordan 17z in 2001 released for 200$ and still they were sold out.. its 2010 now! we cant afford 175$ shoes? cmon

Great job comparing 2002 OG releases to 2010 JB quality Retro releases 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by taivan

Great job comparing 2002 OG releases to 2010 JB quality Retro releases 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The good old days, yes i remember walking into my local footaction looking to see the new jordans for the first time long before the internet was so big and shoes leaked months before they release. My best memory is seeing the air jordan Xiii wht/blk colorway for the first time. now days the game is so much different.

The good old days, yes i remember walking into my local footaction looking to see the new jordans for the first time long before the internet was so big and shoes leaked months before they release. My best memory is seeing the air jordan Xiii wht/blk colorway for the first time. now days the game is so much different.

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

I think it's crazy how SB's were so popular from 2003-2008 and they are almost obsolete now.

Jordan's will always be in. The infrared pack was the first pair of Jordan's I've bought in a few years. And my sister got me the Space Jam's for Christmas.!
SB's have a different vibe altogether from Jordans, Each one of the models in the SB line have a very classic starting point...ie Dunks (one of the most simple classic shoe nike has) and are then combined with a clever and unique concept. Materials used to be top notch, but like everything else...have declined a bit. The clever concepts are what SB's line in really missing and really going that extra effort on the part of nike to reach out to the creators of the concept to have a say in how the shoe is designed to a T.  I really wish Nike reached out to capcom to design the street fighter pack or even TRIUMVIR as they have had great success with SF collabs. It's that extra effort that used to make SB's special. 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

I think it's crazy how SB's were so popular from 2003-2008 and they are almost obsolete now.

Jordan's will always be in. The infrared pack was the first pair of Jordan's I've bought in a few years. And my sister got me the Space Jam's for Christmas.!
SB's have a different vibe altogether from Jordans, Each one of the models in the SB line have a very classic starting point...ie Dunks (one of the most simple classic shoe nike has) and are then combined with a clever and unique concept. Materials used to be top notch, but like everything else...have declined a bit. The clever concepts are what SB's line in really missing and really going that extra effort on the part of nike to reach out to the creators of the concept to have a say in how the shoe is designed to a T.  I really wish Nike reached out to capcom to design the street fighter pack or even TRIUMVIR as they have had great success with SF collabs. It's that extra effort that used to make SB's special. 
frown.gif

People forget the (Jordan) shoe game could be long over.
If it weren't for retros, or Jordan coming back to basketball again and again, I would've been done at the XIV's, or maybe XVII's.

I still think I'm lucky that the first pair I ever had (Infrared VI's) just released again and I am able to enjoy a BRAND NEW PAIR of Jordan's once again.

I know prices have gone up and materials/craftsmanship have changed... but come on!

You have the chance to purchase Jordans that you once had,  always wanted, or couldn't afford. We are lucky to have a 2nd and sometimes 3rd chance to get our favorite shoes.

And if you don't like them, I hope you are enjoying your still enjoying your OG's as much as I did. Unfortunately, mine are probably 10 feet below the Earth's surface.

If it weren't for retros, or Jordan coming back to basketball again and again, I would've been done at the XIV's, or maybe XVII's.

I still think I'm lucky that the first pair I ever had (Infrared VI's) just released again and I am able to enjoy a BRAND NEW PAIR of Jordan's once again.

I know prices have gone up and materials/craftsmanship have changed... but come on!

You have the chance to purchase Jordans that you once had,  always wanted, or couldn't afford. We are lucky to have a 2nd and sometimes 3rd chance to get our favorite shoes.

And if you don't like them, I hope you are enjoying your still enjoying your OG's as much as I did. Unfortunately, mine are probably 10 feet below the Earth's surface.

it wont be the same bc of the quality. i would have no problem paying more for good quality shoes(cost of living goes up every year along with jordans).the jumpan on the insoles wear off after most first wears.. whats up witht that bs?

it wont be the same bc of the quality. i would have no problem paying more for good quality shoes(cost of living goes up every year along with jordans).the jumpan on the insoles wear off after most first wears.. whats up witht that bs?

i agree. i grew up the same. parents said, no! all i could do is drool at the sight of someone else wearing them.

i agree. i grew up the same. parents said, no! all i could do is drool at the sight of someone else wearing them.

Originally Posted by super23freak

qft! 

Originally Posted by super23freak

qft! 

the internet has worked to diminish the shoe game.the access to knowledge today is ridiculous wen compared to the 90s

the internet has worked to diminish the shoe game.the access to knowledge today is ridiculous wen compared to the 90s

Back
Top Bottom