With Lebron being demoted to Prince...who's ready to take that crown as the top dog for the future?

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Did this fool say the only argument Kobe stans have is a better skill set and rings? Ummm DUH those are pretty good stances to have to determine a better player. I think Bron is the best but that's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.
So I suppose you believe Robert Horry is better than Charles Barkley?

You can't read to well I see. A better skill set AND rings. In a nut shell what you are saying is "Yea person A is better at the craft and he achieves the objective more than person B ever has....but person B is better" That's the most ******ed logic ever.

laugh.gif
 To be more clear,  I also don't agree with the more 'skilled' argument either in regards to the comparison(just didn't really care to debate it). That's why I went directly to the 'rings' argument(which is always a flawed argument when comparing two A-Level caliver Playes, because you have to figure in supporting cast).

But about 'skill'.

People consistently make the mistake of correlating scoring ability or how one scores with all that there is to being 'skilled'. There are much more facets of the game then how one goes about scoring the basketball. 

And even with that. Lebron scored 29 on 50% shooting last year. That makes him a 'great scorer'. A fantastic scorer. Doesn't matter that he doesn't one, two dribble pullup left shoulder like Kobe. He gets buckets. And he gets them at a astoundingly efficient rate. Lebron can also engage an offense from a playmaking standpoint, that is matched by probaly no wing player today. He has point guard level court vision. That's why he's been able to enhance an average at best supporting cast to back to back 60 wins season.

So who really is the more 'skilled', player?

Did this fool say the only argument Kobe stans have is a better skill set and rings? Ummm DUH those are pretty good stances to have to determine a better player. I think Bron is the best but that's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

You can't read to well I see. A better skill set AND rings. In a nut shell what you are saying is "Yea person A is better at the craft and he achieves the objective more than person B ever has....but person B is better" That's the most ******ed logic ever.

laugh.gif
 To be more clear,  I also don't agree with the more 'skilled' argument either in regards to the comparison(just didn't really care to debate it). That's why I went directly to the 'rings' argument(which is always a flawed argument when comparing two A-Level caliver Playes, because you have to figure in supporting cast).

But about 'skill'.

People consistently make the mistake of correlating scoring ability or how one scores with all that there is to being 'skilled'. There are much more facets of the game then how one goes about scoring the basketball. 

And even with that. Lebron scored 29 on 50% shooting last year. That makes him a 'great scorer'. A fantastic scorer. Doesn't matter that he doesn't one, two dribble pullup left shoulder like Kobe. He gets buckets. And he gets them at a astoundingly efficient rate. Lebron can also engage an offense from a playmaking standpoint, that is matched by probaly no wing player today. He has point guard level court vision. That's why he's been able to enhance an average at best supporting cast to back to back 60 wins season.

laugh.gif

But about 'skill'.

Who said ANYTHING about scoring? I said skill. You're out of your mind if you think Bron is more skilled than Kobe Bryant. And this statement
That's why I went directly to the 'rings' argument(which is always aflawed argument when comparing two A-Level caliver Playes, because youhave to figure in supporting cast).
Is pretty stupid considering in your first post you said

I suppose you believe Robert Horry is better than Charles Barkley?
Unless of course you are saying Horry is an A-Level caliber player.

laugh.gif

But about 'skill'.

Who said ANYTHING about scoring? I said skill. You're out of your mind if you think Bron is more skilled than Kobe Bryant. And this statement
That's why I went directly to the 'rings' argument(which is always aflawed argument when comparing two A-Level caliver Playes, because youhave to figure in supporting cast).

I suppose you believe Robert Horry is better than Charles Barkley?

Who said ANYTHING about scoring? I said skill. You're out of your mind if you think Bron is more skilled than Kobe Bryant.

laugh.gif
How is one 'out of there mind' thinking Bron is more 'skilled' than Kobe? That's nonsense.

I automatically draw the conclusion that people think Kobe is more 'skilled' due to the way he scores from a fundamental ,and technical standpoint(I.E better footwork, because he certainly isn't as efficient).

Because outside of that, there is NOTHING that Kobe is better (inarguably atleast) than Lebron James.

Rebouding is a 'skill'? Is it not? Is Kobe better than Lebron at that? No.

Playmaking/passing is a 'skill'. Is Kobe better than Lebron at that? No.

Defense is a push. Lebron is a 1st team all NBA defender(just like Kobe), and you can note his 2nd place finish to Dwight in DPOY in 2009.

So where is this indisputable argument that Kobe is a flat out more 'skilled' basketball player?
And this statement

laugh.gif
Fair point.

Who said ANYTHING about scoring? I said skill. You're out of your mind if you think Bron is more skilled than Kobe Bryant.

laugh.gif
How is one 'out of there mind' thinking Bron is more 'skilled' than Kobe? That's nonsense.

I automatically draw the conclusion that people think Kobe is more 'skilled' due to the way he scores from a fundamental ,and technical standpoint(I.E better footwork, because he certainly isn't as efficient).

Because outside of that, there is NOTHING that Kobe is better (inarguably atleast) than Lebron James.

Defense is a push. Lebron is a 1st team all NBA defender(just like Kobe), and you can note his 2nd place finish to Dwight in DPOY in 2009.

So where is this indisputable argument that Kobe is a flat out more 'skilled' basketball player?
And this statement

laugh.gif
Fair point.

Lets bring it in fellas...LeBron is six years younger and more athletic than 31 yo Kobe...he is not better than him, maybe more exciting, but not better...

Can we agree? Kobe 1 LeBron 1A

Lets bring it in fellas...LeBron is six years younger and more athletic than 31 yo Kobe...he is not better than him, maybe more exciting, but not better...

yea kobe has better fundamentals and more rings, but lebron is still better

this aint even an argument

hes been better than kobe for the last 2-3 years

meaning he was only what 22,23 when he surpassed kobe

thats young as hell to be the best player in the league

yea kobe has better fundamentals and more rings, but lebron is still better

this aint even an argument

hes been better than kobe for the last 2-3 years

meaning he was only what 22,23 when he surpassed kobe

thats young as hell to be the best player in the league

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Kobe 1...Lebron 2. There is no 1 A about it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being the second best...when the best is Kobe Bryant. Nothing to be ashamed of. Actually there is nothing to be ashamed of being anywhere in the Top 10.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Kobe 1...Lebron 2. There is no 1 A about it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being the second best...when the best is Kobe Bryant. Nothing to be ashamed of. Actually there is nothing to be ashamed of being anywhere in the Top 10.

Both guys are great players no need to argue there...Lebron James is the best regular season player, hence the MVP trophies.....but when april rolls by and we hit the month of May, the snake leaves the cage...Black Mamba's time to shine.....that game 6 against PHX.......im still thinkin "damn".....Lebron will get a trophy soon though

Both guys are great players no need to argue there...Lebron James is the best regular season player, hence the MVP trophies.....but when april rolls by and we hit the month of May, the snake leaves the cage...Black Mamba's time to shine.....that game 6 against PHX.......im still thinkin "damn".....Lebron will get a trophy soon though

laugh.gif

He's vastly more skilled as a scorer and defense is NOT a push. Bron JUST started to play D....and he's still not a lockdown defender. The only skill Bron is much more superior than Kobe in is passing. Everything else Kobe is just as good at or better. I'm done with this argument though. It isn't even pertaining to my original point

laugh.gif

He's vastly more skilled as a scorer and defense is NOT a push. Bron JUST started to play D....and he's still not a lockdown defender. The only skill Bron is much more superior than Kobe in is passing. Everything else Kobe is just as good at or better. I'm done with this argument though. It isn't even pertaining to my original point

laugh.gif
It is nonsense. Just because Lebron is efficient does not mean he is more skilled. You are gonna tell me that Wilt was more skilled than MJ just because he was more efficient?

Miami fans are the new Cavalier fans. Well I remember them spouting nonsense in 2006 as well and then went to hide in their caves for four 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom