Worst character additions / replacements on a show.

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

ultra-magnus.jpg

This guy too!

My dude said Ultra Magnus
laugh.gif

I wasn't a fan of Glenn Close being added to The Shield for one season. Courtney Cox on Scrubs.

Originally Posted by stoneyjax

Originally Posted by sickitiYICKity

When they got rid of Harley from boy meets world and replaced him with the other bully... That sucked.
i forgot all about Harley
pimp.gif
 then they replaced him with that bama Griff
smh.gif

and Shawn's brother was a bad add on too

indifferent.gif

I'm suprised no one didn't say the father from Good Times. When they killed off John Amos' character and replaced him with that other dude.

I hate that Show BTW.

When Carmen left George Lopez is went from watchable to terrible, Goerge Cloney as Batman, Jack McCoy as lead DA on Law and Order. And I remember SBTB switch had me totally confused as a kid.
laugh.gif

GT was weak as hell after they cancelled John Amos.Michael wasn't as militant as he used to be when he was on the show.

CincoSeisDos wrote:
stoneyjax wrote:
sickitiYICKity wrote:
When they got rid of Harley from boy meets world and replaced him with the other bully... That sucked.
i forgot all about Harley
pimp.gif
 then they replaced him with that bama Griff
smh.gif

and Shawn's brother was a bad add on too

indifferent.gif

nah fam they was clearly reaching with the story lines... and they conveniently made him live with Eric

i have to agree with those who said the replacement mom for family matters.
for arrested development fans: though she was only a recurring character, i liked the first marta instead of the second one, which the show ended up using more of. the first marta was hotter 
laugh.gif

Good Times was worthless without James.

I cringe watching an episode without him.

So corny.

Then the last episode when everyone came up and they moved to an upscale neighborhood was forced and boring.

The funny thing about John Amos' character on Good Times is that before the show even aired it's first ep,the producers wanted a struggling SINGLE mother in the projects with 3 kids,but Esther Rolle insisted on having a strong man in the house (props for that).She got her wish (one of the best TV dads EVER!),but those +%+%+%%+$%!#+ STILL found a way to make her a single mother in the projects with 3 kids (for a minute though).

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

When Carmen left George Lopez is went from watchable to terrible, Goerge Cloney as Batman, Jack McCoy as lead DA on Law and Order. And I remember SBTB switch had me totally confused as a kid.
laugh.gif

I'd have to disagree on George Lopez, while the plot went downhill, Aimee Garcia was so much easier to look at.

Aimeegarcia-smiling-great-greendress_51.jpg

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

The funny thing about John Amos' character on Good Times is that before the show even aired it's first ep,the producers wanted a struggling SINGLE mother in the projects with 3 kids,but Esther Rolle insisted on having a strong man in the house (props for that).She got her wish (one of the best TV dads EVER!),but those +%+%+%%+$%!#+ STILL found a way to make her a single mother in the projects with 3 kids (for a minute though).

damn Damn DAMN 

Anytime they add the inevitable "little kid" near the end of the series

Married with Children
Fresh Prince
Full House
Who's the Boss
Growing Pains
Family Ties
Cosby Show
Diffrent Strokes

And god knows I'm missing some.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Anytime they add the inevitable "little kid" near the end of the series

Married with Children
Fresh Prince
Full House
Who's the Boss
Growing Pains
Family Ties
Cosby Show
Diffrent Strokes

And god knows I'm missing some.

All In The Family
Brady Bunch

That dude Josh Meyers who played Randy or whatever his name was, after Eric left on "That 70's Show"
smh.gif

Originally Posted by HOVKid

From this:

carmichael_stx.jpg

To this:

rohm1-thumb.jpg

I never watched Law & Order again.......

Same thing I felt when they replaced Alex Cabot.  But I kept watching.

By the time Family Matters and that 70s Show replaced their main characters, both shows were waaaaay passed their primes and no one should have been watching anyway - so you really can't complain there. 

Pam on the Cosby show - things got too real when Pam arrived.  They started dealing with real world issues instead of just being happy all the time.  I remember the eppy where Pam asked Cliff for birth control
smh.gif

Never really noticed the Fresh prince switch because the mom had probably the smallest part in the whole show.  She said maybe 2-3 lines per episode.  Not enough for me to care.

Almost all the new characters in The Office I can't stand. 

The best replacements were the kids on SBTB.  When AC Slater, Jesse and Kelly came along the show just took off.  I kinda hated Tori.  They made her too much of a tom boy. 

Oh let's not forget the Seinfeld dad.  Great replacement.

Back
Top Bottom