Would rape even exist if sex wasn't a taboo in society?

i know this may be controversial but post your replies.

i support rape in no way at all.

and this all stems from me and my friend arguing about if rape was a power thing and a biological/chemical kind of thing

Don't know what society you are on, because it certainly isn't taboo in this one.

sex is taboo?

hmm......yeah it would exist cause dudes would still try to take it from women that didnt wanan give it up to them.

embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by gabbyflo

Of course it would.

Rape is about power and control; it is an act of violence.

I hate when people say this with no explanation as to what they mean. Elaborate.

Rape is an alternative mating behavior.........it has been established that rape occurs in nature but only humans would say rape is about power and control.Rape is MAINLY about sexual urges and our inherent need to propagate our genes into the next generation. RAPE IS ABOUT SEX.

Of course it would.

Pretty much. I was reading a story about some region of Africa that is war-torn and rape was being used as a way of punishing people if theyfought against the dictator or spoke out, etc. Wild stuff...

Rape has been around since people were speaking like Ogers.

So the question IS, how long has sex been taboo?

Or is it?

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

Of course it would.

Pretty much. I was reading a story about some region of Africa that is war-torn and rape was being used as a way of punishing people if they fought against the dictator or spoke out, etc. Wild stuff...
When a lion takes over a pride it kills the offspring of the former alpha lion and inseminates the females. This same concept is atwork during conflicts and wars. It is a violent act but MOST people don't do it for the sake of being violent.

Of course it would.

Yup, and sexual urges that can't be achieved..... Because the victim will not willing give it up.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Of course it would.

I hate when people say this with no explanation as to what they mean. Elaborate.

Rape is an alternative mating behavior.........it has been established that rape occurs in nature but only humans would say rape is about power and control. Rape is MAINLY about sexual urges and our inherent need to propagate our genes into the next generation. RAPE IS ABOUT SEX.

Normally I think you and I often share similar views when it comes to matters of human biology considering we're both in the sciences, but Woowwww...Iseriously couldn't disagree with you more. In fact, I find your "perspective" quite troubling...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Of course it would.

Rape is an alternative mating behavior.........it has been established that rape occurs in nature but only humans would say rape is about power and control. Rape is MAINLY about sexual urges and our inherent need to propagate our genes into the next generation. RAPE IS ABOUT SEX.

sick.gif
Get em.

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Of course it would.

Normally I think you and I often share similar views when it comes to matters of human biology considering we're both in the sciences, but Woowwww...I seriously couldn't disagree with you more. In fact, I find your "perspective" quite troubling...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Care to share an alternative view?....rape can be used to control people but everyday rape is about sexual urges AND COMPULSION. Sorry if that's too muchfor some to swallow. Either way it's horrible and I am no way using examples from the animal kingdom as a way of saying it should be condoned.

I would say yes for the simple fact that rape usually forced and without the other persons consent.
I do not really think sex is taboo, not in the U.S. at least.

When most cases are looked at, the rapist has a history of physical abuse (towards them) by a parent or older figure. The fact that they "
get off" isn't the biggest point. It isn't always about a male on an adult female attack. Like the murderer Ricky Green, he was sexually abused byhis grandfather, it's hard to think he just wanted sex

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Of course it would.

Normally I think you and I often share similar views when it comes to matters of human biology considering we're both in the sciences, but Woowwww...I seriously couldn't disagree with you more. In fact, I find your "perspective" quite troubling...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I think its more like a combination of both factors... the whole power & control thing, but also the sexual urges & desires we have... Ithink its moreso the sexual urges because if someone just wanted power & control, then there are plenty of other things that they would do that couldsatisfy those urges for power.

so i kind of agree with both of you, but moreso lavey

Back
Top Bottom