Would rape even exist if sex wasn't a taboo in society?

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

I hope you get it bitten off OP
tired.gif

i don't support rape at all. its just question about our society. no need to be like that now..

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by gabbyflo

Of course it would.

Rape is about power and control; it is an act of violence.

I hate when people say this with no explanation as to what they mean. Elaborate.

Rape is an alternative mating behavior.........it has been established that rape occurs in nature but only humans would say rape is about power and control. Rape is MAINLY about sexual urges and our inherent need to propagate our genes into the next generation. RAPE IS ABOUT SEX.

Normally I think you and I often share similar views when it comes to matters of human biology considering we're both in the sciences, but Woowwww...I seriously couldn't disagree with you more. In fact, I find your "perspective" quite troubling...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Care to share an alternative view?....rape can be used to control people but everyday rape is about sexual urges AND COMPULSION. Sorry if that's too much for some to swallow. Either way it's horrible and I am no way using examples from the animal kingdom as a way of saying it should be condoned.
Before I even start typing paragraphs...I propose a simple question...

If rape is an "alternative mating behavior", as you so put, then why do you go on to say that "it's horrible" and it shouldn't becondoned. I mean, it is just an alternative mating behavior right...

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Godamn stupid question

Sex being taboo has nothing to do with violence

how does sex not have anything to do with rape?

Originally Posted by kobe82410

Godamn stupid question

Just what I wrote. Rape is a violent act. It's about power not about sex.

Godamn stupid question

If it was really about sex you could just pay someone and avoid all the legal hassle that comes with it if you get caught (even tho prostitution is illegaltoo) but rape is about power and trying to control another person...they just happen to use sex to do so...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Godamn stupid question

If it was really about sex you could just pay someone and avoid all the legal hassle that comes with it if you get caught (even tho prostitution is illegal too) but rape is about power and trying to control another person...they just happen to use sex to do so...
no... people dont just randomly choose sex as a means to exert their control over others. There ahs to be a sexual side to it also, Consider whensomeone who is a pedophile & rapes children. Yes it is about power to some extent, but to a greater extent they have a sexual desire towards children. Notto mention i've hear a lot of times that those desires/urges are extremely difficult to control.

Yes, of course it would. Buying isn't taboo but __s still steal @*!#..... same principles. Rape is "easier" to some.

Of course it would.

I hate when people say this with no explanation as to what they mean. Elaborate.

Rape is an alternative mating behavior.........it has been established that rape occurs in nature but only humans would say rape is about power and control. Rape is MAINLY about sexual urges and our inherent need to propagate our genes into the next generation. RAPE IS ABOUT SEX.

Normally I think you and I often share similar views when it comes to matters of human biology considering we're both in the sciences, but Woowwww...I seriously couldn't disagree with you more. In fact, I find your "perspective" quite troubling...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Care to share an alternative view?....rape can be used to control people but everyday rape is about sexual urges AND COMPULSION. Sorry if that's too much for some to swallow. Either way it's horrible and I am no way using examples from the animal kingdom as a way of saying it should be condoned.
Before I even start typing paragraphs...I propose a simple question...

If rape is an "alternative mating behavior", as you so put, then why do you go on to say that "it's horrible" and it shouldn't be condoned. I mean, it is just an alternative mating behavior right...

I was in the middle of typing this when i had to take a quiz in class. By saying a certain behavior is exhibited in nature, it doesnot mean I condone said behavior. Murder is a behavior that is seen in many of our close relatives, eg. chimpanzees...it does not make it ok. Without laws to prohibit anything that causes harm we would delve into anarchy and lose what truly makes us human

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Godamn stupid question

If it was really about sex you could just pay someone and avoid all the legal hassle that comes with it if you get caught (even tho prostitution is illegal too) but rape is about power and trying to control another person...they just happen to use sex to do so...
no... people dont just randomly choose sex as a means to exert their control over others. There ahs to be a sexual side to it also, Consider when someone who is a pedophile & rapes children. Yes it is about power to some extent, but to a greater extent they have a sexual desire towards children. Not to mention i've hear a lot of times that those desires/urges are extremely difficult to control.

Some people rape, some physically abuse. Either way its about control. I agree that there has to be a sex element to it but its more about the control thansex.

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

Of course it would.

Pretty much. I was reading a story about some region of Africa that is war-torn and rape was being used as a way of punishing people if they fought against the dictator or spoke out, etc. Wild stuff...
When a lion takes over a pride it kills the offspring of the former alpha lion and inseminates the females. This same concept is at work during conflicts and wars. It is a violent act but MOST people don't do it for the sake of being violent.
No, they do it to be violent. In your lion example, the male lion does it so that HIS gene's and off-spring will be dominant and continue tolive on. Survival of the fittest. In the African-war example I brought up, that was about the soldiers SPECIFICALLY going to villages and using rape as aweapon against people that had spoken-out, attempted to organize, etc. It was being used as a form of sick, twisted, violent punishment and intimidation...

Of course it would.

and you have an IQ of a monkey

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Of course it would.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I think its more like a combination of both factors... the whole power & control thing, but also the sexual urges & desires we have... I think its moreso the sexual urges because if someone just wanted power & control, then there are plenty of other things that they would do that could satisfy those urges for power.

so i kind of agree with both of you, but moreso lavey
This has been my argument from the get go.......psychologically rape can be used as a tool to control people. I did say rape is"MAINLY" about sex. There's a difference between subconscious, compulsive impetus to commit rape and consciously raping someone to controlthem.

guys, I DONT think the OP meant "would it exist" i think he meant, "would the rate at which women got raped go down"

and my answer to this is YES.

AND BTW, SEX IS A TABOO in this country. A president got impeached cuz he lied about head... but if you lie about missles and WMD and kill thousands andthousands for $$$, you get away free.

go to Amsterdam or even Germany and tell me what you see on normal tv, yes thats right, stuff you see in america on pay-per-view. sex (i.e. prostitution) isnot that big a deal to them and guess what, Amersterdam has one of the lowest rape rates in the world... no surprise.

^ and please dont quote tribes in africa... that %%$! dont count... once you use "war lords" in a sentence, all reasoning goes out the window... weare talking about civialized, urban places.

Originally Posted by tmoney85

guys, I DONT think the OP meant "would it exist" i think he meant, "would the rate at which women got raped go down"

AND BTW, SEX IS A TABOO in this country. A president got impeached cuz he lied about head... but if you lie about missles and WMD and kill thousands and thousands for $$$, you get away free.

go to Amsterdam or even Germany and tell me what you see on normal tv, yes thats right, stuff you see in america on pay-per-view. sex (i.e. prostitution) is not that big a deal to them and guess what, Amersterdam has one of the lowest rape rates in the world... no surprise.

^ and please dont quote tribes in africa... that %%$! dont count... once you use "war lords" in a sentence, all reasoning goes out the window... we are talking about civialized, urban places.

Cheating on ones wife is WAY different than sex being taboo. Really taboo?...I mean come on you turned on the TV lately?

Originally Posted by tmoney85

AND BTW, SEX IS A TABOO in this country. A president got impeached cuz he lied about head... but if you lie about missles and WMD and kill thousands and thousands for $$$, you get away free.

go to Amsterdam or even Germany and tell me what you see on normal tv, yes thats right, stuff you see in america on pay-per-view. sex (i.e. prostitution) is not that big a deal to them and guess what, Amersterdam has one of the lowest rape rates in the world... no surprise.

^ and please dont quote tribes in africa... that %%$! dont count... once you use "war lords" in a sentence, all reasoning goes out the window... we are talking about civialized, urban places.

QFT

This post and the fact that Alaska has one of the highest rates of rape in the country prove my point that rape is mainly about sex. The male to female ratioin Alaska is very high and dudes is fiending. I'm sorry that sounds awful but that's the reality.

Of course it would.

Ignorance at its FINEST.

You could NOT be farther from the truth.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

Of course it would.

Ignorance at its FINEST.

You could NOT be farther from the truth.

smh.gif
Please if anyone disagrees with me, it is customary to offer an alternative opinion. What the hell is wrong with youpeople?
eyes.gif
If you were arguing with someone incourt, you wouldn't simply say "That's not the truth" and walk away without making an argument.

I think the rate of rape would be greatly decreased, but it would definitely still exist. There's always gonna be people not getting any play no matter howopen the women are.

Back
Top Bottom