WWE Elimination Chamber PPV 2/20 - Raw & Smkdwn Elimination Chamber Matches | Miz vs Lawler (p42)

imo i think a rock/cena mania match won't turn cena as a heel. And I don't see the same results and hype of how Rock/Hollywood was.

Vince's baby to push him as the face of the WWE has backfired tremendously. Only the kids like Cena and buy his merchandise. But the older crowd dislikes his gimmicks and that category has suffered in the ratings part. I think Vince knows that, that's why he pulled the trump card as the Rock.

The babyface Cena monster is out of control and can't be reversed. It's Vinces' fault and I think he's starting to notice and maybe admit it in private?

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by HWBurnz

The Rock back on Raw > My girl's VDay BJ
I just gotta quote this again
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Once again I have to go back with this. Rocky on RAW was just so epic.

I was feeling higher then a mofo just off natural adrenaline last night.

I'm so happy right now.
pimp.gif

Now for next week I know we'll get Taker. I'm hoping we also get The Game
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by HWBurnz

The Rock back on Raw > My girl's VDay BJ
I just gotta quote this again
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Once again I have to go back with this. Rocky on RAW was just so epic.

I was feeling higher then a mofo just off natural adrenaline last night.

I'm so happy right now.
pimp.gif

Now for next week I know we'll get Taker. I'm hoping we also get The Game
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Did anybody begin to think it could be sting as the lights went off and it was showing the lightning effects on the screen?

This return was 10x better but the ovation sort of reminded me of hhh return to msg in 02

Did anybody begin to think it could be sting as the lights went off and it was showing the lightning effects on the screen?

This return was 10x better but the ovation sort of reminded me of hhh return to msg in 02

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

In my opinion, The Rock is the only guy that WWE could use to turn Cena heel and at the same time turn him back face. They can build off of Cena's real life comments of The Rock how he turned his back and ultimately lead to a Cena beat down on The Rock which is your heel turn. Cena can sustain the verbal/physical beat downs of The Rock until a confrontation is all that left. If they could hold off on the payday until WM 28, Rock vs Cena is your super main event. During this time Cena sides with another heel and ultimately that someone ends up beating down The Rock and Cena makes the save. Full 360 turn in one years time.
Well assuming we're living in a fantasy world where Rock commits to a year or even actually wrestles at WM, you're right, only Rock could get Cena turn heel. If I was writing their feud, I'd have Cena backed by Vince. Vince would cut promos of how Rock turned his back on the business, how Rock has no right to bury Cena, his most loyal employee, and bury the crowd for backing Rock and not Cena. Right there, Cena could just kill his gimmick, rock a suit and proper tights while wrestling ala Corporate Champ. It won't happen though, but a smark can still dream.

Just wanted to chime in on this because some interesting stuff here.

I'll preface this by saying this is all fantasy booking assuming The Rock is around for more than just a few appearances between now and WrestleMania.

First, I think it will be very difficult to actually turn Cena heel, regardless of the situation.  As you saw last night, despite The Rock getting huge pops, the little kids were still booing when he insulted Cena.  Simply having Cena attack The Rock isn't going to turn him heel.  I really like the idea of turning Cena into the new Corporate Champion.  I think it works great for a few reasons.
1) Pairing him with Mr. McMahon (not Vince McMahon) may be one of the few ways to actually get fans to turn on him.
2) The storyline is a natural fit because whether most know it or not, the anti-Rock statements from Cena were actually fed to him through Vince McMahon.  Which leads to #3...
3) Cena is already a corporate shill, so why not make it his TV character.  It's the perfect way to break him out of the stale gimmick he's had for so many years.  Having Cena come to the ring in a suit and tie would be awesome.

The most important thing though, is if you are going to turn Cena heel, regardless of whether it is with The Rock or anyone else, the "comedy" has to go.  He's not The Rock.  The Rock could spin comedy into his promos regardless of whether he was a heel or babyface.  That's because it came from The Rock and was actually funny.  Cena's "comedy" is the words of the WWE writers which he delivers in an unbelievable bad way.  Cena needs to become a serious prick.  If they were to go all the way with this, it could be the long term momentum they desperately need (not just this one time bump from The Rock's brief return).  But if they halfass it, it will be just as big of a disaster as his joining of Nexus or subsequent firing.

With all that said, here's how I think it actually plays out.....
After Cena defeats The Miz to win the title at WrestleMania, Alex Riley and The Miz attack Cena.  The Rock comes out to make the save, laying out both Riley and Miz.  The Rock and Cena hit The People's Elbow and Five Knuckle Shuffle at the same time, hug, and ride off into the sunset together with WWE believing this will finally give Cena the rub he needs to become a star on The Rock's level.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

In my opinion, The Rock is the only guy that WWE could use to turn Cena heel and at the same time turn him back face. They can build off of Cena's real life comments of The Rock how he turned his back and ultimately lead to a Cena beat down on The Rock which is your heel turn. Cena can sustain the verbal/physical beat downs of The Rock until a confrontation is all that left. If they could hold off on the payday until WM 28, Rock vs Cena is your super main event. During this time Cena sides with another heel and ultimately that someone ends up beating down The Rock and Cena makes the save. Full 360 turn in one years time.
Well assuming we're living in a fantasy world where Rock commits to a year or even actually wrestles at WM, you're right, only Rock could get Cena turn heel. If I was writing their feud, I'd have Cena backed by Vince. Vince would cut promos of how Rock turned his back on the business, how Rock has no right to bury Cena, his most loyal employee, and bury the crowd for backing Rock and not Cena. Right there, Cena could just kill his gimmick, rock a suit and proper tights while wrestling ala Corporate Champ. It won't happen though, but a smark can still dream.

Just wanted to chime in on this because some interesting stuff here.

I'll preface this by saying this is all fantasy booking assuming The Rock is around for more than just a few appearances between now and WrestleMania.

First, I think it will be very difficult to actually turn Cena heel, regardless of the situation.  As you saw last night, despite The Rock getting huge pops, the little kids were still booing when he insulted Cena.  Simply having Cena attack The Rock isn't going to turn him heel.  I really like the idea of turning Cena into the new Corporate Champion.  I think it works great for a few reasons.
1) Pairing him with Mr. McMahon (not Vince McMahon) may be one of the few ways to actually get fans to turn on him.
2) The storyline is a natural fit because whether most know it or not, the anti-Rock statements from Cena were actually fed to him through Vince McMahon.  Which leads to #3...
3) Cena is already a corporate shill, so why not make it his TV character.  It's the perfect way to break him out of the stale gimmick he's had for so many years.  Having Cena come to the ring in a suit and tie would be awesome.

The most important thing though, is if you are going to turn Cena heel, regardless of whether it is with The Rock or anyone else, the "comedy" has to go.  He's not The Rock.  The Rock could spin comedy into his promos regardless of whether he was a heel or babyface.  That's because it came from The Rock and was actually funny.  Cena's "comedy" is the words of the WWE writers which he delivers in an unbelievable bad way.  Cena needs to become a serious prick.  If they were to go all the way with this, it could be the long term momentum they desperately need (not just this one time bump from The Rock's brief return).  But if they halfass it, it will be just as big of a disaster as his joining of Nexus or subsequent firing.

With all that said, here's how I think it actually plays out.....
After Cena defeats The Miz to win the title at WrestleMania, Alex Riley and The Miz attack Cena.  The Rock comes out to make the save, laying out both Riley and Miz.  The Rock and Cena hit The People's Elbow and Five Knuckle Shuffle at the same time, hug, and ride off into the sunset together with WWE believing this will finally give Cena the rub he needs to become a star on The Rock's level.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Yo 4Wrestling or anyone who's been watching...

It's been a lifelong dream of mine to attend a wrestling match and my chances as a kid passed. I kinda want to now just to say I can and there's an Elimination Chamber PPV happening in 5 days in Oakland. Do you guys think The Rock will be there and will the PPV be worth attending?

Do I think it's worth attending? Yes.  Elimination Chamber is historically one of the better WWE PPVs of the year.

Do I think The Rock will be there?  I give it an almost 0% possibility.  He has no reason to be on the show.  And if he was going to be there, he would have said it last night to help get buys for the PPV.  Having him show up on a PPV with no prior announcement doesn't do them any good.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Yo 4Wrestling or anyone who's been watching...

It's been a lifelong dream of mine to attend a wrestling match and my chances as a kid passed. I kinda want to now just to say I can and there's an Elimination Chamber PPV happening in 5 days in Oakland. Do you guys think The Rock will be there and will the PPV be worth attending?

Do I think it's worth attending? Yes.  Elimination Chamber is historically one of the better WWE PPVs of the year.

Do I think The Rock will be there?  I give it an almost 0% possibility.  He has no reason to be on the show.  And if he was going to be there, he would have said it last night to help get buys for the PPV.  Having him show up on a PPV with no prior announcement doesn't do them any good.

Last night was basically The Rock whipping out the People'sCock and showing Cena that he will never be as big as The Great One.

Last night was basically The Rock whipping out the People'sCock and showing Cena that he will never be as big as The Great One.

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

There's a lot of new people in the thread this week.  Don't make everyone on NT hate you as much as we already do.

There's a lot of new people in the thread this week.  Don't make everyone on NT hate you as much as we already do.

What the...

roll.gif

What the...

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom