X > MLKJR........... EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]So, naive[/color]
smh.gif

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

At 1 point in my life I did heavy research on both and can honestly say that Malcolm deserves a day more than Martin. Martin is just the black poster boy for the whites at the time. Im not takin anything away from the man because he did great things for our race but if you cant see why he has a day of remembrance and X doesnt your a fool.
How ironic.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Who the hell compares people like that? They both made impacts..why cant we leave it at that?
Exactly. The OP should go make a Kobe Vs. Lebron post or something.

They aren't really comparable.

They both did amazing things for people of African-American descent, but they had two completely different methods of how they went about it.

I'm more of a "fan" of El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz, but I respect both; enough to claim that one shouldn't have a day in his honour because Ifeel the other did a "better" job. Mr. El-Shabazz was more radical, and didn't oppose the open killings of others until the end of his career(after he and the NOI split their ways.) For that, I can never respect him as much as I do Mr. King.

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

Why is it a competition tho?
I'm saying...he was better off making a thread on why he believes X should have his own day...as oppose to saying X deserves a day more thanKing. As if one's role mattered less than the other...eff outta here
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

I'm saying...he was better off making a thread on why he believes X should have his own day...as oppose to saying X deserves a day more than King. As if one's role mattered less than the other...eff outta here
smh.gif

QFT

I understand what your saying OP, from what i was told (buy a Muslim by the way) that Martin was getting founded by
white people to travel all around the country to preach peace to blacks while Malcolm was doing the "By any means Necessary"
approach getting blacks ready to bust off on white people which would have been disastrous, the white man did not
want this so they had X killed... this is what i was told but im not too sure about this but it does make some sense.

I don't get why everyone here is going crazy. The OP could have worded everything better...but is there really that much of a problem with what he'sbasically trying to say.

In his opinion, Malcolm X was more influential than MLK. Is there really a problem with debating this?

There's really nothing wrong with this at all. It would actually make for a good topic of discussion for someone with a strong interest in the civil rightsmovement.

Mangudai954 wrote:
Who the hell compares people like that? They both made impacts..why cant we leave it at that?
Exactly.

How about you a)stop complaining/making comparisons about two men who've helped the advancement of the country in their own ways, b) do something yourselfto help future generations.

Dudes are always quick to critique the lives of others, but haven't done anything with their own.

It depends what type of person appeals to you. Both are highly influential in their own right. Some people liked a peaceful approach that MLK had(southernersmostly). Others liked the fiery and aggressive approach of Malcolm X(northerners). I'm white and had to do intense research for a few classes throughout mylife on both figures. I like X because fiery approaches appeal to me more. But I only liked his approach after he visited Mecca. When he finally realized whatTRUE Islam was about. How it included people of all races and how we all could accept one another. Not this Islam that was swayed one way to just appeal topeople created by Elijah Mohammad. I mean, I kind of view that type of Islam as borderline brainwashing.

Nevermind, I just saw who the OP was.

He always does these shock-value post titles in the Music forum trying to get people riled up.

*hits "General" link*

ggarvinXX3 wrote:
I understand what your saying OP, from what i was told (buy a Muslim by the way) that Martin was getting founded by
white people to travel all around the country to preach peace to blacks while Malcolm was doing the "By any means Necessary"
approach getting blacks ready to bust off on white people which would have been disastrous, the white man did not
want this so they had X killed... this is what i was told but im not too sure about this but it does make some sense.

Malcolm didn't want black people going off on whites. He said that no man's freedom should be brought into question,and if that were to ever be thecase, then it was up to that person (black or white) to defend their liberties at their own discretion. Martin wanted equality, so who cares if thefunds for his travels came from white people.

This thread, along with the rhetoric of some of the people in here, is just ridiculous.

Spoiler [+]
Stop back tracking

I don't think this is a dumb thread at all it's a good topic, I always favored x over king because of his " your going to be fair, or we gone rollover your style" I think he should have a day as well as martin has his I don't think one did more than the other, they contributed in so manydifferent ways martin taught us we can all be equal and be as one with all races, malcom gave us the fight the power, the will to say hey we not taking yoursh&@ your going to give us what we want, he taught us to stand up for ourselves, at least we got mlk day you know these bitter racist people don't wantus to have nothing

Both are respected but if Malcolm was our only leader in black liberation back then BLACKS WOULD HAVE GOTTEN NOWHERE

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

I'm saying...he was better off making a thread on why he believes X should have his own day...as oppose to saying X deserves a day more than King. As if one's role mattered less than the other...eff outta here
smh.gif

/thread

How and why compare the two like that?
Both made impacts on society; respect them for that

why cant we just celebrate both men who help impacted the world instead of whose more important or better.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by asu334

Both are respected but if Malcolm was our only leader in black liberation back then BLACKS WOULD HAVE GOTTEN NOWHERE
That made no sense...
You know the only reason things got better for blacks was through sympathy, seeing blacks get sprayed with hoses and beating with batons andresponding non-violently. If Malcolm X was the civil rights leader his any means neccesary way of doing things would not have helped blacks at all but madethings worse. Do you understand now?

Back
Top Bottom