X > MLKJR........... EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

More like MLK = Malcolm
smh.gif
FOOL

Care to elaborate?

This is coming from someone who has read all of his works, and speeches. And idolizes him like no other.

There are billions of differences. Even the cats on here who flame me for this know thats a lie.

Malcolm wanted liberation for the BLACK MIND.. MLK wanted Blacks to be treated equally while accepting our NEW ROLE in this country.... Mr X was a G aboutit... MLK was a bit passive.... similar NOT the same

More like MLK = Malcolm
smh.gif
FOOL

Care to elaborate?

This is coming from someone who has read all of his works, and speeches. And idolizes him like no other.

There are billions of differences. Even the cats on here who flame me for this know thats a lie.

Hundreds of differences = in importance.

Since you've done all this research OP why don't you share what you've learned with us so that the readers of this thread can accurately examine ifthis is a valid posting or if you're just shock posting.

I don't think that there is reason for "A > B" in this case. They both used different methods to try and achieve the same goal.

No way Malcolm X was getting a holiday tho. You DO know he used to say that the White Man is the Devil? Even though he changed his ways a lot after he camefrom his pilgrimage to Mecca, still.....No waaaaaay he was getting a holiday.

Both did a tremendous amount for Black Civil Rights however. Thanks guys
pimp.gif

If X had lived longer public perception of him would have changed, and he, too, might have had a day.

well since the internet has given voice to anyone.. here is mine
Obama > (X + MLKJR + the S.S. More Powerful Than Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, and the Incredible Hulk Put Together) * ten zillionmillion

Im not going to discredit anyone but the real history of the civil rights era has been whitewashed.

Malcolm X had 10 times the active participants in his movement as MLK.

If you go to a traditional college, which has a "black studies" department. That is the influence of Malcolm.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Im not going to discredit anyone but the real history of the civil rights era has been whitewashed.

If you go to a traditional college, which has a "black studies" department. That is the influence of Malcolm.

Wouldn't this be segregation? And wouldn't this be what MLK was against?

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

See what I mean....
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

See what I mean....
smh.gif

My fault, I actually read it wrong. I thought it said students not studies.
embarassed.gif

See what I mean....
smh.gif
laugh.gif
cuz that made me think of "Dark-skinnedJermaine."

Public perception might have changed about X (the same way it changed for Muhammad Ali) had he lived and was still on his "leave your religion at homesteez" workin' with any and everyone, but man - in his early days/speeches he preached alotta hate. He was doin' it to be the polar opposite ofMLK - so if white people were to choose one of the two to deal with - they'd choose King. Like either you respect his nonviolent movement, or you deal withme and the FOI..

X changed his tune towards the end of his life, but not too many wanna focus on that. Some would rather view him as a racist. It's messed up because hegave them a lot of ammunition to call him that though.

Either way, you can't say X > MLK, or MLK < X, because they were actually working off of each other. Neither one would be as prevalent without theother.

The way I see it they're like two sides of a coin and they both needed each other
However, from what I've read Malcolm X preached more towards the direction of Black Independence and used the widespread racism as a tool for that belief,as well as militant might, but when he returned from Mecca he soften when not so much as soften but adjusted the use of racism as one of his tool and changedit towards unity
While MLK talked about unity but the way I see is a form of co-dependence, and guilt baiting.

- One of the main things I look at is the black community after MLK's civil rights union "accomplished" well took major steps towards that
- And what I see is the destruction of Black owned businesses, neighborhoods and overall the Black Middle class coinciding with the acceptance and movementtowards a welfare society.
- The Black Independence and revolution that was occurring before and during Malcolm X's time, combined with a new sense of self reliance that he invokedwas destroyed by MLK's civil rights movement.
- Only to be replaced by the antiquated Affirmative Action.

While I see them as equally important in the Movement at the time, I wished they could have continued to work together as they were starting to do beforeMalcolm X got murdered

You see, there are other races in the United States than just 'white' people and 'black' people. And a downtrodden Latino can't really getbehind the message of a militant Malcolm.

why is it even a competition? both are significant in our culture, race, and country. putting one in more of a spotlight than the other is childish.

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

You see, there are other races in the United States than just 'white' people and 'black' people. And a downtrodden Latino can't really get behind the message of a militant Malcolm.

Some of Malcolm's biggest supporter were and are Latino.

808738287_8ff86b5544.jpg

The problem is you really have no idea of his legacy.

renkxedik is on point. The racism that he spewed was a tenet of his religionbut he was too smart of a man to hold on to those ideas for very long.

I have respect for both. I can understand the nonviolent movement. But i also see where X would be coming from with his hate and possible violence...

I'm glad to see a lot of people come in here a drop knowledge and not jus say MLK =X because the ones who know these 2 know thats false. Im not gonna typeeverything I know but Ill say this...... There is a reason why the history books at high schools are packed with lessons on MLK and 2 pages of X. X wasprobably the most powerful black leader us has seen. MLK was about uniting the country (not a bad thing) but he was sooooo worried about trying to please allraces and all people he shyed away from the heart of things. He was the perfect example of what a uncle tom is and thats real.

I'm glad to see a lot of people come in here a drop knowledge and not jus say MLK =X because the ones who know these 2 know thats false. Im not gonna type everything I know but Ill say this...... There is a reason why the history books at high schools are packed with lessons on MLK and 2 pages of X. X was probably the most powerful black leader us has seen. MLK was about uniting the country (not a bad thing) but he was sooooo worried about trying to please all races and all people he shyed away from the heart of things. He was the perfect example of what a uncle tom is and thats real.

alien.gif

I'm glad to see a lot of people come in here a drop knowledge and not jus say MLK =X because the ones who know these 2 know thats false. Im not gonna type everything I know but Ill say this...... There is a reason why the history books at high schools are packed with lessons on MLK and 2 pages of X. X was probably the most powerful black leader us has seen. MLK was about uniting the country (not a bad thing) but he was sooooo worried about trying to please all races and all people he shyed away from the heart of things. He was the perfect example of what a uncle tom is and thats real.

Co-sign, he was the acceptable negro desperate to please white people. He was an important person but X was a greater man in every aspect.

Back
Top Bottom